What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live PD: A&E Live Red Zone Version of "Cops" (2 Viewers)

@danabrams: Shocked & beyond disappointed about this. To the loyal #LivePDNation please know I, we, did everything we could to fight for you, and for our continuing effort at transparency in policing. I was convinced the show would go on. . More to come. .  .https://deadline.com/2020/06/live-pd-canceled-ae-protests-against-police-brutality-george-floyd-1202956175/
:(

I wouldn’t have wanted to  try to make this show in current climate at all, so while disappointed, I think it might be the right decision.

I could easily see protestors popping up whenever the crews are filming, or people trying to goad officers into something physical, all of which creates a safety issue for the camera crew, the officers, and the actual subjects of the call/traffic stop/investigation.

What footage does air would have its validity challenged constantly.

That plus the stuff about the footage not being saved in that death case coming up again especially make this seem the  prudent decision.

I wouldn’t have wanted to  try to make this show in current climate at all, so while disappointed, I think it might be the right decision.

I could easily see protestors popping up whenever the crews are filming, or people trying to goad officers into something physical, all of which creates a safety issue for the camera crew, the officers, and the actual subjects of the call/traffic stop/investigation.

What footage does air would have its validity challenged constantly.

That plus the stuff about the footage not being saved in that death case coming up again especially make this seem the  prudent decision.
I understand not wanting to go live for a few weeks, or a couple months.. but to outright Cancel it was a little bit of a shock

Be interesting to see if some other network jumps up in a month or so considering the Ratings it was getting. :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand not wanting to go live for a few weeks, or a couple months.. but to outright Cancel it was a little bit of a shock

Be interesting to see if some other network jumps up in a month or so considering the Ratings it was getting. :shrug:  
this has Fox written all over it.

JaxBill said:
I guess The First 48 is next since police shows are bad bad bad.
I don't think TF48 encourages officers to act more gungho in order to turn a mundane encounter into something more dangerous in order to be entertaining and keep ratings up week in and week out.  

3 years ago I drove from California to Michigan, I got pulled over in Illinois and the officer said he smelled weed in my car. I told him I was in the military and moving and maybe it was the funk from driving 3,000 miles in 3 days.  He proceeded to put me in his car and run a dog run around my car. My car was loaded with clothes and uniforms but not much else, he came back and said the dog hit and I needed to come clean and show him where the drugs were. I’m laughing at this point, I let him know that with 18 years in the military I was not about to lose my retirement over smoking weed let alone driving with it in my car. Welp another cop shows up while the first guy is going through the front of my car, I recap what has gone on and he says he is ex military and do I want him to run his dog. I say #### yeah, he warns me that if his alerts then they will be tossing all my #### out until they find “it”. Well he runs his dog around and his dog doesn’t hit on ####, the two talk and the original guy gives me a written warning and tells me to slow down. The whole thing was uncomfortable and shady as ####.

Abrams was on CNN earlier today.. Full on :rant: against the decision.. Said they were already in discussions with community leaders on how they could make the show better. But a&e higher ups refused to listen.

Abrams was on CNN earlier today.. Full on :rant: against the decision.. Said they were already in discussions with community leaders on how they could make the show better. But a&e higher ups refused to listen.
Abrams brought some credibility to the show and seemed a stand up guy.  Hopefully they cancel Live Rescue too.

They’re BAAAAACCCKKKK!

Article

Abrams said On Patrol: Live will not be "the same exact show." In addition to the host change, Reelz announced that the new series will attempt to "promote transparency" and "engage the community" by featuring "Citizen Ride-Alongs" which will "give local residents, within the communities of the departments appearing on the show, a first-hand perspective as they ride along with officers followed by On Patrol: Livecameras on live nights."

Giggity. 

Tom Servo said:
They’re BAAAAACCCKKKK!

Article

Abrams said On Patrol: Live will not be "the same exact show." In addition to the host change, Reelz announced that the new series will attempt to "promote transparency" and "engage the community" by featuring "Citizen Ride-Alongs" which will "give local residents, within the communities of the departments appearing on the show, a first-hand perspective as they ride along with officers followed by On Patrol: Livecameras on live nights."

Giggity. 
:pickle:

Now they have "you're watching on patrol live" on the screen, yet obviously taped.. way to ruin opening night Reelz :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone still watching this? I watch it on Peacock the next day to avoid the endless commercials. Still love this show. The chief in Hazen is by far my new favorite cop!

this is a favorite late night watch for me on dvr. the disrespect of cops now is shameful. i also love how everyone can video cops, but when they see cameras “i don’t want to put in video, i don’t give you my permission”. lol

this is a favorite late night watch for me on dvr. the disrespect of cops now is shameful. i also love how everyone can video cops, but when they see cameras “i don’t want to put in video, i don’t give you my permission”. lol
Well cops are public employees on the clock when being filmed doing their jobs. The person cops are interacting with are likely having one of the worst days of their life.

Users who are viewing this thread