What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Looping Videos (1 Viewer)

bigbottom

Footballguy
Big fan of looping videos (where musicians create songs by layering multiple instruments). Have toyed with the idea of trying it myself, but all of the detail seems so daunting. What started as a relatively simple idea (usually a guy with a guitar and looping pedal), has grown into musicians creating fully developed and extremely complex arrangements incorporating a wide range of instruments. If you’ve seen some cool looping videos, please add them here!

Subdivisions by Jacob Moon - not a ton of looping in this one, but it’s the first time I distinctly remember an artist weaving looping into a live acoustic performance.

Foo Fighters Meets 70s Bobby Caldwell by Elise Trouw - Elise has made her slowly building music career on her looping performances. In addition, she’s a really talented drummer and I love her voice.

Live Looping Street Performance by Reinhardt Buhr - this is looping in its highest form. Just an incredible composition that unfolds one piece at a time.

Howie Day was one of the first to do this extensively with live performances, and MTV covered it. I remember the MTV news tidbit and being riveted by it.

I never really checked it out, but here's his Wiki page. He started doing this in the late nineties, I believe.

I went to some "turn-tablist" thing in NYC in the 90s. there was a guy called DJ Z-Tripp, and a sidekick named Radar. Radar did a bunch of looping- albeit with sound effects, turn-tables and drum-machines. it was mind blowing... early version of Rebillet.

I went to some "turn-tablist" thing in NYC in the 90s. there was a guy called DJ Z-Tripp, and a sidekick named Radar. Radar did a bunch of looping- albeit with sound effects, turn-tables and drum-machines. it was mind blowing... early version of Rebillet.
I remember Z Trip. He really cashed in on the mashup thing.

Big fan of looping videos (where musicians create songs by layering multiple instruments). Have toyed with the idea of trying it myself, but all of the detail seems so daunting. What started as a relatively simple idea (usually a guy with a guitar and looping pedal), has grown into musicians creating fully developed and extremely complex arrangements incorporating a wide range of instruments. If you’ve seen some cool looping videos, please add them here!

Subdivisions by Jacob Moon - not a ton of looping in this one, but it’s the first time I distinctly remember an artist weaving looping into a live acoustic performance.

Foo Fighters Meets 70s Bobby Caldwell by Elise Trouw - Elise has made her slowly building music career on her looping performances. In addition, she’s a really talented drummer and I love her voice.

Live Looping Street Performance by Reinhardt Buhr - this is looping in its highest form. Just an incredible composition that unfolds one piece at a time.
How about beatbox looping?

HOLY CRAP! That is freaking incredible. Not only are the sounds he’s making just bonkers (sitar, vocalizations, record scratching), he is looping the layers as fast as anyone I’ve ever seen. At the 2:05 mark, he loops about five rhythm patterns in about 10 seconds.

HOLY CRAP! That is freaking incredible. Not only are the sounds he’s making just bonkers (sitar, vocalizations, record scratching), he is looping the layers as fast as anyone I’ve ever seen. At the 2:05 mark, he loops about five rhythm patterns in about 10 seconds.
Epic battle from several years ago.

Epic battle from several years ago.

Man that was crazy good. The second guy was tighter, but he uses effects and processing a whole bunch more than the first guy.

Users who are viewing this thread