What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Lost Champtionship Thread *** (1 Viewer)

Uggghhh,That 2nd TD to Coles cost me the title in one of my money leagues. Brutal way to go out. :cry: Who else shares in my pain?Just got to remember, I still get 2nd place money... I still get 2nd place money... :X :bag: :shock: :cry:

Well that 2nd TD only leaves me up by 16 pts heading into the final week. I swear the guy in our league that has him is so lucky. Anyways it could be a precursor for me to get screwed.

Uggghhh,

That 2nd TD to Coles cost me the title in one of my money leagues.

Brutal way to go out. :cry:

Who else shares in my pain?

Just got to remember, I still get 2nd place money... I still get 2nd place money...

:X :bag: :shock: :cry:
I lost my keeper league SB by 5 points. SA's last TD with three minutes to go in the SEA vs. IND game sealed my fate.But I'm not complaining.

Oh, and just so I beat the next guy to it.....

:ptts:

Uggghhh,

Just got to remember, I still get 2nd place money... I still get 2nd place money...

Cost me $2000 in WCOFF Satellite 6... lost by about 3 after that play. No 2nd place money.

Uggghhh,

Cost me $2000 in WCOFF Satellite 6... lost by about 3 after that play. No 2nd place money.
^ that makes me :X and I wasnt even involved.

Uggghhh,

Brutal way to go out.  :cry:

Just got to remember, I still get 2nd place money...  I still get 2nd place money...

:X   :bag:   :shock:     :cry:
Well, I won my satellite league, but I was in the championship bracket in the main event. Paid the top 15 overall from $200,000 down to $2,900. I ended up 16th. :bag: 15 points away from 6th and $4,400.

I am sure many others did as well, but how many of you lost because of a fumble by your cornerback????? Ouch!!!!!

Just got to remember, I still get 2nd place money... 

:X   :bag:   :shock:     :cry:
that play did me in also...110.86-109.74the guy didn't record a freakin' point until 3 min remained in the 3rd qtr, and wound up putting up 19.1

this, after I switched out DDriver's 10 pts (vs CHI) to play DJax(3) vs depleted Indy-D :rant: :hot: and lost 110-108 :X

I'd rather have been blown out than lose 2 games by a total of 3.12 pts (and over $1K!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Donald Driver story here...Lost by 2.5 in an IDP league.Sat Donald Driver against the great ChicagoDEF (would've endedup giving me 4 points) for Givens against the putrid Jets D (gave me0 points). I never would've benched Driver a few weeks back, especiallyfor Givens, but we all know how he and Farve have been doing the past fewweeks. :XMy opponent had E Hobbs DB NE who got him 5 points.Couldn't one of those TD passes to that freakin' NE linebacker havegone to Givens? My opponent did go wire-to-wire in first place the whole season and itwas fitting that he was the team to break my 10 game winning streak.

:yucky: In my championship game, heading into Monday night I was up by 12 points but my players were finished. My opponent had John Vilma going. Individual defensive players in this league. He drops Vilma and picks up Vrabel. Vrabel scores 5 pts defensively but picks up 2 tds from Brady. I end up losing by 5 pts. :rant:

Uggghhh,

That second TD gave my opponent enough points to tie me, and then he won on freaking tie-breakers :cry: :cry: :cry:

Try .2pts (yes, two tenths of a point).I had Vinatieri last night and my opponent had Branch.Holmgren (for putting in SA back in the game) and Belicheck (for going for just about every 4th down in FG range) can kiss my you know what. The Vikings didn't help either by handing Stover two late FGs two nights ago. Oh well, bad luck again. :shrug:

i got smoked i had so many injuries coming down the stretch it was ridiculous including lamont jordan, harrison and dunnhe had the better team (translation - he had sa and i had lt)3 leagues - 3 playoff births - 2 conf. champs - 1 lost superbowl - 1 superbowl to go.

Lost: 177.60 pts to 176.16 pts in my Zealots League...

He started Mike Vrabel who of course caught 2 passes for 3 yards and 2 TD's PLUS he started Terrence Mcgee who scored one 99 yard KO return TD and one 46 yard Interception return for a TD...

I was so ready to waltz into this championship and end up losing because of 2 IDP players who go off for ridiclous amount of points... :wall:

I like IDP, I like IDP, I like IDP...

I lost by 6 in my main money league to my brother. I had t. Jones he had Bears Def +10. I hate Bret Favre! How do you throw 4 Int's including one taken back for a TD. Oh well there is always next year. 4 leagues - $335three playoff teams - second, third and out in first round

The Killer Steve's got me. McNair + Smith totalled 3.3 points in my superbowl. I lost by 3. This after having the highest score in the league 6 of the last 7 weeks, and outscoring my opponent head-to-head 9 weeks in a row prior to the superbowl. Sigh.

I lost by 1 point for several reasons:1) I should have known better that Edge for a half would be better than Rhodes. If I started Edge, I would have won by 2 points.2) I stuck with J. Wiggins all year and he gets no TDs. I'm worried about his ankle so I start Ben Troupe who catches nothing. I would have won by 9 if I started Wiggins.3) This has nothing to do with who I started but the guy I played had Portis and Cooley so Portis' TD pass to Cooley killed me. Any of those things don't happen, and I win.Oh well, I guess that's what I get. The week before I won by 3 points to advance due to the last second bomb from Navarre to Boldin that meant nothing except to me.Monday night I was really bitter cause I had Dillon and he had a great game but just not enough. Now that I've had a few days to digest it I'm still pissed but a lot calmer and able to sleep.Congrats to all the winners out there.

Users who are viewing this thread