What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MacGyver - Reboot for CBS. Fall 2016. (1 Viewer)

MacGyver, the iconic 1980s ABC TV series will return, this time to CBS. The network has just ordered a new MacGyver pilot from original executive producer Henry Winkler with a script by Paul Downs Colaizzo. 

TV Line describes the series as the adventures of "a twentysomething MacGyver as he gets recruited into a clandestine organization where he uses his knack for solving problems in unconventional ways to help prevent disasters from happening." 

I would make a reference to improvising their way out of a tough situation, but we all know that doesn't apply to CBS, who love the comfortable familiarity of procedurals like you love food, sleep, and breathing. Not that the original MacGyver, a staple of ABC primetime programming in the '80s, was a particularly innovative drama, but CBS will certainly make this into CSI with a Swiss Army knife.

Lucas Till is your new MacGyver, by the way. James Wan will direct the pilot (remember how CBS scored Justin Lin to direct the first episode of Scorpion?). MacGyver will join the CBS fall schedule, likely as a replacement for Supergirl, who has flown home to CW. 

Another Series I would like to see done and modernized is Miami Vice

The movie about 10 year ago was OK and had some good ideas but seemed to not remember what brought them success. I get making it darker and edgier, many of the special effects on the old TV show look woefully dated and may not have ever been true cutting edge but they didn't use blue screens and the dialogue plus the actors always were the over riding reason to watch. 

I think South Beach is fascinating and in 2016 all you have to do is point a camera and start filming. I would like to see the show done on a network that can give it a real face lift and embrace the drugs, sex, hot bodies n cars(cab;e premium), just put it all in what is a tailor made story to let it all rip. 

Last edited by a moderator:
didn't fox do a 'bachelor' for midgets?  I could go for another.  no dwarves though, they are pretty angry.

Users who are viewing this thread