What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Make Me an Offer I Can't Refuse" – Help with a Trade (1 Viewer)

ATB

Footballguy
I have too many players on my bench and don't feel any are droppable, so I'm attempting to propose a trade to free up space and get an upgrade. 

Here's my team right now:

QB: Dak, Brady

RB: Bell, McKinnon, MJones, DwWash, JHoward, DHenry (had to drop ADP)

WR: Evans, TBenjamin, DT, Watkins, Gordon

TE: Pitta, Eifert

D/ST: KC

K: none

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Guy's team I'm aiming for:

QB: Luck, Winston

RB: Murray, Blount, Crowell, Coleman

WR: Dez, KBenjamin, TAustin, KWhite, ERogers

TE: Olsen, Gronk (no idea how he snagged both these studs)

D/ST: DEN, BUF

K: Aguayo

(Standard scoring, non-ppr, start 1 QB, 2RB & WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1D, 1K)

I'm thinking I can trade him Henry + someone for Gronk, maybe. But I've already offered Henry + Eifert for Gronk and he declined with no counteroffer. 

Not friends with the dude so can't text him to ask what he wants or message him in the ESPN app, so I'm forced to ask you beautiful people what kinda offer you think is fair?

Henry + Watkins? Henry + Gordon? Henry + Watkins + Eifert?

Gotta make 'im an offer he can't refuse! WHIR

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not getting Gronk unless you give up a top tier player like Evans and maybe Henry.  Looking at the other guy's roster he's going to need WR help right now with Dez being hurt and Benjamin his only good receiver.

I would try Henry, Watkins and Eifert and ask for a counter offer if this didn't work.  He may plainly not be willing to trade Gronk.  If that's the case maybe try to add DeMarco as that's probably a better RB2 for you.

I would try Henry, Watkins and Eifert and ask for a counter offer if this didn't work.  He may plainly not be willing to trade Gronk.  If that's the case maybe try to add DeMarco as that's probably a better RB2 for you.
no one would accept that trade.  why even bother with it?  only a crazy person would trade for watkins right now.  that foot problem isnt going to go away this year.  the guy has put up with 3 weeks of no gronk already he's going to wait it out for when brady gets back and gronk becomes gronk again.  i wouldnt bother offering for gronk unless you are going to give up elite talent

To be honest I think the OP biggest issue is his crap RB2 and that might be easier to upgrade then trying to land Gronk.  My guess is that the reject without comment meant the OP's original offer wasn't even close to what he would want.

Thx for the replies. I can understand wanting more for Gronk but, IMO, it's comparable to Gordon or Bell in that none of them have proven themselves this year. They're all unknown commodities thus far. 

Trading Evans for Gronk sounds crazy to me because Evans has shown what he can do this season. 

Maybe I just don't have anyone he feels is worth Gronk.

I'd definitely like to have Murray but not sure what I fair offer for him is either. 

The problem is he is pretty solid.  His weakness may be his WR#3.  If you are trying to trade a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 you need to find a trading partner with a lot of holes.  You may be able to dangle a WR upgrade for him to get DeMarco.  If that doesn't work I think you are trying to trade with the wrong team.

Gronk and Bell don't have to prove themselves - when healthy, they are the best at their respective positions.  You could also say that Brady hasn't proven himself this year because he hasn't played and we all know that barring injury he is going to put up huge numbers in that offense.  Maybe you should go after Olsen instead.  Looking at the 2 rosters, I wouldn't part with Gronk unless Evans was part of the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread