What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (3 Viewers)

With that usage in that offense, he’s a top 5-8 RB ROS.

i wouldn’t take less than a top 5-8 WR for him. 

Unfortunately Peyton Barber is such a bust & R.Freeman is a RB2-3, because I would have loved to have dealt of those dudes for a Kelce or Ertz type. 

As it is I’ll have to stick with Burton, because Gurley/Ingram is a deadly 1-2 punch at RB to go along with my THill/Evans/Thielen/Jeffery WR corps. 

Point is, I wouldn’t be dealing Ingram anyway - I’d be looking to deal one of the other RBs behind him. 

After this BYE he’ll be a fixture in my lkneup every week he’s healthy.   
Starting going forward in my big $$$ corporate league and in several FBG leagues.  I offered Ingram/Ridley for Antonio Brown to the Kamara owner.  Told him I'd do it after the bye too... His other RBs are Henry and CJ Anderson.  Ouch.

How did you get all those receivers?  That's quite a draft if redraft...

How did you get all those receivers?  That's quite a draft if redraft...
Redraft - luck of the draft / weird runs / Thielen slipped / QB Freefall. There's a sizable bonus for QBs hitting 300+ (5 points) so everyone reaches for QBs. It always seems silly since so many QBs get 300+ every week, especially with the changing rules. In fact, that bonus makes me feel like it's even less valuable to pick a QB early, because a guy like Bortles (who I added as my QB2 off the WW after the draft) will have 1 TD/300+ yard games. Plus I drafted Winston at the end of the draft, and he should provide nice depth.  

1.01 Gurley

2.12 THil

3.01 Evans

4.12 R.Freeman

5.01 A.Thielen

Round 4 was a run on WRs early in the round, but several of the teams 1-6 went RB-WR-WR, and RBs were getting thin so I think they got caught up in the run, and didn't look at the WR list to notice Thielen sitting there. 4.11 took DThomas, so to my delight I landed Thielen at the 4/5 turn. 

Then 6/7 I took Ingram/Hogan - I thought Hogan was a steal there. Gah

8/9 I landed Burton/Barber - Burton's been nice. Barber a bust to date. 

10/11 I pulled the trigger on Jeffery/Matt Ryan - I have had Jeffery several years and since I was pretty stacked & my BYEs were mostly late, I thought he'd make for excellent depth down the road. When we were drafting he was stil possibly going to go on the 8-week IR designated to return, so a lot of folks shied away. 

Naturally this team is 3-2, despite leading the league in points. I've faced the top scoring team of the week twice. :doh:  

Ingram (back on topic) just really helps me to breathe easy, since Freeman isn't a high floor guy (yet) and Barber is borderline drop-able. The depth Ingram can provide has league-winning potential. Just hoping the dude stays healthy, because he's basically a 7th round feature back in one of the the best offenses in the NFL. I'd been targeting him all off-season, but was worried that at the 1-spot there was no chance he'd fall to me. 

Ingram looked really good last night. 

Only concern is that he's STILL fumbling.  Glad he recovered it; Payton always punishes him for those types of transgressions.  
The way he pounced on that loose ball was as if his life flashed before his eyes. It was an amazing play in own right.

The Saints timeshare is a unique one.  Kamara makes Ingram better.

Week 1-4 last year Ingram averaged 10.6 PPR points a week... after Kamara became a fixture in the backfield (weeks 6-16 (I never consider week 17 stats)), he averaged 21.1 PPR PPG.

So Happy to have him back! 

This is so true. Kamara makes EVERYONE better. If you go back and watch the record-setting TD pass to Smith, you'll see not only the player assigned to Kamara covering him on a swing route, but the corner (Norman I think) jumps that route as well when Brees shoulder fakes, and Smith is completely unmarked.

They doubled Kamara all night, which as we saw hurt them deep constantly.

The only time he was wide open was on the option read, which Taysom somehow read as HIS keep when Kamara flashed through the gap untouched.

This is so true. Kamara makes EVERYONE better. If you go back and watch the record-setting TD pass to Smith, you'll see not only the player assigned to Kamara covering him on a swing route, but the corner (Norman I think) jumps that route as well when Brees shoulder fakes, and Smith is completely unmarked.

They doubled Kamara all night, which as we saw hurt them deep constantly.

The only time he was wide open was on the option read, which Taysom somehow read as HIS keep when Kamara flashed through the gap untouched.
From what I saw, the bolded is a big problem. Does Taysom ever give up the ball? I don't recall him doing it once last night.

From what I saw, the bolded is a big problem. Does Taysom ever give up the ball? I don't recall him doing it once last night.
No. He keeps it every time.  With experience he should get better with his reads.  So far he's like a chicken with his head cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way he pounced on that loose ball was as if his life flashed before his eyes. It was an amazing play in own right.
It truly was. Two awesome hustle plays last night... the Ingram fumble recovery, and Jordan Reed making the tackle on that long INT return. I honestly didn't know the dude had that kind of motor. Impressive.

It truly was. Two awesome hustle plays last night... the Ingram fumble recovery, and Jordan Reed making the tackle on that long INT return. I honestly didn't know the dude had that kind of motor. Impressive.
I agree, reed's run and tackle was amazing. Could have easily pulled up because he was so far behind, but he persevered.

Made a terrific catch on his only reception, too. They need to get that dude more involved.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Redraft - luck of the draft / weird runs / Thielen slipped / QB Freefall. There's a sizable bonus for QBs hitting 300+ (5 points) so everyone reaches for QBs. It always seems silly since so many QBs get 300+ every week, especially with the changing rules. In fact, that bonus makes me feel like it's even less valuable to pick a QB early, because a guy like Bortles (who I added as my QB2 off the WW after the draft) will have 1 TD/300+ yard games. Plus I drafted Winston at the end of the draft, and he should provide nice depth.  

1.01 Gurley

2.12 THil

3.01 Evans

4.12 R.Freeman

5.01 A.Thielen

Round 4 was a run on WRs early in the round, but several of the teams 1-6 went RB-WR-WR, and RBs were getting thin so I think they got caught up in the run, and didn't look at the WR list to notice Thielen sitting there. 4.11 took DThomas, so to my delight I landed Thielen at the 4/5 turn. 

Then 6/7 I took Ingram/Hogan - I thought Hogan was a steal there. Gah

8/9 I landed Burton/Barber - Burton's been nice. Barber a bust to date. 

10/11 I pulled the trigger on Jeffery/Matt Ryan - I have had Jeffery several years and since I was pretty stacked & my BYEs were mostly late, I thought he'd make for excellent depth down the road. When we were drafting he was stil possibly going to go on the 8-week IR designated to return, so a lot of folks shied away. 

Naturally this team is 3-2, despite leading the league in points. I've faced the top scoring team of the week twice. :doh:  

Ingram (back on topic) just really helps me to breathe easy, since Freeman isn't a high floor guy (yet) and Barber is borderline drop-able. The depth Ingram can provide has league-winning potential. Just hoping the dude stays healthy, because he's basically a 7th round feature back in one of the the best offenses in the NFL. I'd been targeting him all off-season, but was worried that at the 1-spot there was no chance he'd fall to me. 
Interesting... I drafted 1.01 and ended up with similar players:

1.02 Gurley / 2.12 J. McKinnon / 3.01 Evans / 4.12 Ertz / 5.01 Thielen

I also drafted M. Goodwin and Cooper Kupp.  Kupp is working out great and filled in excellent for Evans bye week.  I dropped Goodwin for K. Golladay (got him as a FA early) and that is working out well too. 

I also have Ingram and I am extremely happy to have him back since McKinnon went down for the year a few days after I drafted him.  I have been using Crowell to fill in, who has been a pleasant surprise, but I very much appreciate having Ingram available to me now.

I also have Ingram and I am extremely happy to have him back since McKinnon went down for the year a few days after I drafted him.  I have been using Crowell to fill in, who has been a pleasant surprise, but I very much appreciate having Ingram available to me now.
Every year i try to target injured/designated to return, or suspended guys who I think have greater value than their ADP.

most years I get burned by it.

hoping ingram & Jeffery are the exceptions to that. So far so good. 

His ROS schedule is brutal.  What are ppl's opinions on him ROS?  His first game was great...since then, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
His ROS schedule is brutal.  What are ppl's opinions on him ROS?  His first game was great...since then, not so much.
Same as last season. same split, same usage - RB2. Some games he’ll get the GL, somE games Kamara will.

i don’t buy into SOS as much as some here do - it’s kind of obsessive for FFB-ers lately. Good offenses can beat good defenses. With the disparity between the haves & have nots it’s jist so hard to judge who has a good or bad D these days. Then you look at injuries & it’s just so hard to predict who’s going to be a good D in 3 or 4 weeks.

anyway, look for Ingram to get his 14-18 touches, including a couple receptions, and look for Kamara to get his 10-12 carries + 4-8 receptions. 

TDs gifts from the gods of randomness. While Ingram’s #s weren’t spectacular, the touches were there. Some weeks it’ll be RB1, more often rb2 numbers. 

David Johnson owner just offered a trade for Ingram straight up. Gosh, while Johnson looks like he has a decent schedule, the whole team looks like they are in disarray, similar to the Rrrraidersss. Arizona misses Warner's stretching the field passing attack, which opened the door for David Johnson to shine. The positive about Ingram is all the pieces in NO are in place.

As of now I have Ingram in 3 leagues and both Ingram and Kamara in the league where the owner is offering the trade. I like the potential for a lot of points in New Orleans tomorrow, but wonder who outperforms who for the ROS. Close call. Most experts I see give Johnson a nod over Ingram. Would you take the trade? I'm himmm hawing. lol

Both RB's appear to be low end RB #1 / high end RB #2's. 

He's a FA after this year. Does he re-sign, possibly taking less? I mean he can virtually take way more $ from the Saints than they are getting in return on their investment, the way they don't use him.

I'd like to see him go somewhere that throws the ball to the RB and he's' the main guy. Wouldn't mind him going to the bucs. As soon as they get rid of Winston, the franchise will start to dominate.

He's a FA after this year. Does he re-sign, possibly taking less? I mean he can virtually take way more $ from the Saints than they are getting in return on their investment, the way they don't use him.

I'd like to see him go somewhere that throws the ball to the RB and he's' the main guy. Wouldn't mind him going to the bucs. As soon as they get rid of Winston, the franchise will start to dominate.
He needs to sign in Philly. 

Just speculation but you’d think he’ll get multiple offers that pay well but are for one year contracts. He’ll turn 30 at the end of 2019, huge talent for a contender that wants to win now but late career for an RB.

And I don’t think TBs a contender until they get rid of Dirk.  No excuse for any coach that puts a defense like that out there.

David Johnson owner just offered a trade for Ingram straight up. Gosh, while Johnson looks like he has a decent schedule, the whole team looks like they are in disarray, similar to the Rrrraidersss. Arizona misses Warner's stretching the field passing attack, which opened the door for David Johnson to shine. The positive about Ingram is all the pieces in NO are in place.

As of now I have Ingram in 3 leagues and both Ingram and Kamara in the league where the owner is offering the trade. I like the potential for a lot of points in New Orleans tomorrow, but wonder who outperforms who for the ROS. Close call. Most experts I see give Johnson a nod over Ingram. Would you take the trade? I'm himmm hawing. lol

Both RB's appear to be low end RB #1 / high end RB #2's. 

I just traded for DJ and gave up Ingram and Collins. It's a 10 team league so we're all deep at RB. I have Gordon, so pairing DJ with him was appealing each week. Collins has been on and off the wire all season. My other RB's are Cohen, McCoy and Coleman. 

I also like DJ's schedule. Fitzgerald seems to be getting in sync with the rookie. Hopefully that opens up some room for DJ. 

Ingram obviously has competition with Kamara, DJ has none. Drew Brees also has a lot of talent at WR that he uses frequently. As well as Kamara on a lot of dump offs. 

I like DJ's upside for the rest if the year. It won't be 2016 like, but I think he'll do well. 

I just traded for DJ and gave up Ingram and Collins. It's a 10 team league so we're all deep at RB. I have Gordon, so pairing DJ with him was appealing each week. Collins has been on and off the wire all season. My other RB's are Cohen, McCoy and Coleman. 

I also like DJ's schedule. Fitzgerald seems to be getting in sync with the rookie. Hopefully that opens up some room for DJ. 

Ingram obviously has competition with Kamara, DJ has none. Drew Brees also has a lot of talent at WR that he uses frequently. As well as Kamara on a lot of dump offs. 

I like DJ's upside for the rest if the year. It won't be 2016 like, but I think he'll do well. 
Well said! I did take the trade. Will pair DJ with Kamara, but this week it looks like I gotta start Collins ? 

I think you mean Philly needs to sign him.

But from a fantasy perspective it seems like he would still be getting a similar number of touches
A potential high octane offense that needs a starting RB where he could get the bulk of the carries.  Seems like a good fit even for Ingram depending on money.

I never understood this, though everyone seemed to believe this. He’s the second best rb on his own team and Kamara does everything better.
Same as last year.  But he still was great then.

Think the truth (like most things) that most people with strong opinions don't want to admit, is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  He has very little chance of putting up last years weekly numbers, but this will likely be his worst game of the year.   He'll probably get a lot more usage in games that aren't as important or as close as today's was.

Same as last year.  But he still was great then.

Think the truth (like most things) that most people with strong opinions don't want to admit, is that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  He has very little chance of putting up last years weekly numbers, but this will likely be his worst game of the year.   He'll probably get a lot more usage in games that aren't as important or as close as today's was.
That narrows down his production, thanks.

I think part of Ingram’s usage yesterday was the coaching staff liking those pitches and off tackle run plays against the Rams more than running up the A and B gaps where Ingram excels.

Ingram still got most of the interior running plays, but those aren’t the plays you’re going to tear open the Rams D with.

I also think right or wrong they don’t like Kamara taking massive workloads week in week out so Ingram’s going to get more looks next week.

I think part of Ingram’s usage yesterday was the coaching staff liking those pitches and off tackle run plays against the Rams more than running up the A and B gaps where Ingram excels.

Ingram still got most of the interior running plays, but those aren’t the plays you’re going to tear open the Rams D with.

I also think right or wrong they don’t like Kamara taking massive workloads week in week out so Ingram’s going to get more looks next week.
Maybe.  He doesn't look as jacked as he was last year. I have a heavy investment.  I need to see him have a signature td run.  He is starting to scare me.  

I don’t own Ingram but if I did I’d take comfort in the fact he’s probably going to win me week 1 of the fantasy playoffs at Tampa Bay.  

Week 2 and 3 of the playoffs do look more like Kamara weeks right now but it’s impossible to really know this far out.

Against the Rams it would have been pretty futile to go battering ram with Ingram against that D-line.

the weekly jabs at either Kamara or Ingram are ridiculous & frankly contribute noting of value to this forum. 

They will have good games and bad. They will be utilized evenly or not. They will be in favorable game scripts or won’t. 

Every week, all year. There - that’s all that needs to be said between Kamara & Ingram. 

Last night wasn’t Ingram’s night. He looked fine when he touched the ball. The fumble was not endearing. There will be better nights. 

/pissing contest hopefully

He's getting less than 50% of the snaps, and his snaps are generally the kind that don't lead to fantasy success (between the 20s and milking a 4th quarter lead).  The red zone opportunities were pretty balanced last year but so far this year it has been mostly Kamara.

He's getting less than 50% of the snaps, and his snaps are generally the kind that don't lead to fantasy success (between the 20s and milking a 4th quarter lead).  The red zone opportunities were pretty balanced last year but so far this year it has been mostly Kamara.
Sample size my dude. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Sample size my dude. 
Wasn’t the trend in place the back half of last year as well, re: Kamara getting a majority of snaps?  I remember that as one of the positives for Kamara in ‘18 offseason - he was taking control of the backfield last year. 

I do think both are productive going forward. It may be more 1 and 2 and not the 1A/B it was on last season’s stats. 

Wasn’t the trend in place the back half of last year as well, re: Kamara getting a majority of snaps?  I remember that as one of the positives for Kamara in ‘18 offseason - he was taking control of the backfield last year. 

I do think both are productive going forward. It may be more 1 and 2 and not the 1A/B it was on last season’s stats. 
That’s what I mean by sample size. 

There will be games where it’s 1a/b

there will be Ingram games (like his 1st week back)

there will be Kamara games.

we went through this literally every single week last year - it’s sooooooooooo redundant at this point. 

Kamara has a higher weekly floor.  And is a touchdown machine.  That is all we know.  Impossible to predict averages or ceilings for these guys weeknin weekniut. 

He's played for a full month so I'd say that the sample size is large enough to see a trend.... he's averaging 14.5 touches and 1.8 red zone looks per game.  Last year he averaged 18 touches and 2.8 red zone looks per game.  His high point was his first game back when they seemed to celebrate his return.  In the 3 games since then, the offense has flowed through Kamara and M.Thomas, with Ingram playing a supporting role between the 20s and mop-up duty.  I suspect that will be true going forward as well.  We will see.

He's played for a full month so I'd say that the sample size is large enough to see a trend.... he's averaging 14.5 touches and 1.8 red zone looks per game.  Last year he averaged 18 touches and 2.8 red zone looks per game.  His high point was his first game back when they seemed to celebrate his return.  In the 3 games since then, the offense has flowed through Kamara and M.Thomas, with Ingram playing a supporting role between the 20s and mop-up duty.  I suspect that will be true going forward as well.  We will see.
“A full month” = 4 games. 

Thats not a substantial sample size to determine usage; as opponent strength & gameflow can vary wildly week to week.

this particular 4 game stretch the Saints faced: 

Redskins

Ravens

Vikings

Rams

thats a pretty brutal schedule against the run, except for the Redskins who are middle of the road. 

And what do you know - Ingram went buck wild against the Redskins, and Kamara received a heavier load in the other 3. 

And if you asked me before those 4 games to predict usage, I would have guessed that Kamara would be the more productive back based on the SOS alone. The RBs have such different styles, and with a stiff run D, in games where the Saints are even or behind in score, Kamara is likely to be the better bet.

In games where the Saints get up on the scoreboard against softer run defenses, I would expect Ingram to dominate the carries.

theres also the nature of the position - if, on one of Ingram’s touches, he breaks off a 40+ TD run, that creates a huge swing - which can happen any given Sunday against any defense. Likewise for Kamara. But against tougher run defenses it’s more likely for Kamara to take a reception to the house by hitting him in space. 

So I respectfully disagree that this (or any) 4 game sample size is sufficient to observe and derive anything conclusive. This is still a week to week in-flux situation. 

The next 4 is Bengals, Eagles, Falcons & Cowboys.

if I were a betting man, I’d say Ingram is the better bet for production in the Bengals & Falcons games, while Kamara should fare better against the Eagles & Cowboys. But again, any given Sunday. If Kamara sprints 60 yards and gets pushed OOB, you can bet it’ll be Ingram at the stripe whIle Kamara is huffing oxygen on the sideline. It’s the nature of a RBBC. 

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
“A full month” = 4 games. 

Thats not a substantial sample size to determine usage; as opponent strength & gameflow can vary wildly week to week.

this particular 4 game stretch the Saints faced: 

Redskins

Ravens

Vikings

Rams

thats a pretty brutal schedule against the run, except for the Redskins who are middle of the road. 

And what do you know - Ingram went buck wild against the Redskins, and Kamara received a heavier load in the other 3. 

And if you asked me before those 4 games to predict usage, I would have guessed that Kamara would be the more productive back based on the SOS alone. The RBs have such different styles, and with a stiff run D, in games where the Saints are even or behind in score, Kamara is likely to be the better bet.

In games where the Saints get up on the scoreboard against softer run defenses, I would expect Ingram to dominate the carries.

theres also the nature of the position - if, on one of Ingram’s touches, he breaks off a 40+ TD run, that creates a huge swing - which can happen any given Sunday against any defense. Likewise for Kamara. But against tougher run defenses it’s more likely for Kamara to take a reception to the house by hitting him in space. 

So I respectfully disagree that this (or any) 4 game sample size is sufficient to observe and derive anything conclusive. This is still a week to week in-flux situation. 

The next 4 is Bengals, Eagles, Falcons & Cowboys.

if I were a betting man, I’d say Ingram is the better bet for production in the Bengals & Falcons games, while Kamara should fare better against the Eagles & Cowboys. But again, any given Sunday. If Kamara sprints 60 yards and gets pushed OOB, you can bet it’ll be Ingram at the stripe whIle Kamara is huffing oxygen on the sideline. It’s the nature of a RBBC. 
The Redskins had held McCaffrey to 43 yards rushing, Elliott to 33, and Barkley to 38 in their last three games before ATL.  No problem including them as brutal against the run.  Not so much this week vs. ATL though.

The Redskins had held McCaffrey to 43 yards rushing, Elliott to 33, and Barkley to 38 in their last three games before ATL.  No problem including them as brutal against the run.  Not so much this week vs. ATL though.
Some of that can be attributed to quality of opponents though. 

The Giants are a terrible offense. And at the time the Cowboys were struggling mightily as well. I didn’t see much of the Panther/Skins game, so I can’t really comment on that other than to say CMC is a poor example since he does so much with receiving that ~40 RuYd doesn’t mean he had a bad game. Plus he has a rushing vulture at QB. Newton also had 40+ RuYd In that game. 

may be the time to try and get ingram if you are a kamara owner, with most bye weeks over he's a great insurance policy and better than whatever RB3 is sitting on your bench

That’s what I mean by sample size. 

There will be games where it’s 1a/b

there will be Ingram games (like his 1st week back)

there will be Kamara games.

we went through this literally every single week last year - it’s sooooooooooo redundant at this point. 
Oh yeah I’m not arguing that Kamara takes over and Ingram is an afterthought.  I’m just wondering if we are now where Kamara is more 1 to Ingram’s 2 vs the more even split from mid-season last year.  

Probably splitting hairs at this point but what else we got to do on here?  ?

Oh yeah I’m not arguing that Kamara takes over and Ingram is an afterthought.  I’m just wondering if we are now where Kamara is more 1 to Ingram’s 2 vs the more even split from mid-season last year.  

Probably splitting hairs at this point but what else we got to do on here?  ?
lol - yeah, it’s a fair question/observation. 

I just don’t know tnat we’ve seen enough to truly know the answer yet. Feels like one of those situations where we look back at the end of the year and figure that out. 

And of course an injury to either would change the entire future dynamic. 

Users who are viewing this thread