What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

it'd be hard to consider him a top 30 back going forward
I disagree. He's RB29 in my PPR league and has topped nine points in four of the past five games (topping 10 points three times, including last night). I think he's definitely a Top 30 RB going forward barring injury. The question is whether he can achieve a higher status. At the present time it doesn't appear that will be possible unless Sproles and/or Thomas get hurt.
You must take into account that he has not had a bye week and there are another 12 backs within 10 points right behind him who have had a week off. I would venture to say if you took a PPG basis he's more like RB45.

I disagree. He's RB29 in my PPR league and has topped nine points in four of the past five games (topping 10 points three times, including last night). I think he's definitely a Top 30 RB going forward barring injury. The question is whether he can achieve a higher status. At the present time it doesn't appear that will be possible unless Sproles and/or Thomas get hurt.
You must take into account that he has not had a bye week and there are another 12 backs within 10 points right behind him who have had a week off. I would venture to say if you took a PPG basis he's more like RB45.
He's RB37 in points per game in the league I'm referring to. Your point is valid but it also cuts both ways. He's one touchdown away from being a Top 25 RB. So yes, there are a number of RBs in his current point range but given that I think it's easy to say he's a Top 30 RB going forward especially when you consider his level of production over the course of the past five games. For me, I see him easily falling into that range. I think he's a solid RB3 option when healthy right now. Ten points per game is about what he's going to get you. If that production is good enough for your RB3 spot then he's very viable. If you need more, look elsewhere.

He's RB37 in points per game in the league I'm referring to. Your point is valid but it also cuts both ways. He's one touchdown away from being a Top 25 RB. So yes, there are a number of RBs in his current point range but given that I think it's easy to say he's a Top 30 RB going forward especially when you consider his level of production over the course of the past five games. For me, I see him easily falling into that range. I think he's a solid RB3 option when healthy right now. Ten points per game is about what he's going to get you. If that production is good enough for your RB3 spot then he's very viable. If you need more, look elsewhere.
If Ingram is one touchdown away from being a top 25 RB, then so are all of the other guys in the same range.Really, the biggest reason to think Ingram might climb the rankings going forward, is all of the injury attrition at the RB position. He wasn't gonna outscore guys like Charles or Blount, but he might outscore guys like Battle and Lumpkin.

Fine, he's a top 30 back going forward but still a bust in fantasy.

We can forgive FBG's for the Ingram call.

Back in the 2000 offseason FBG's screamed from the top of their lungs about a relatively unknown Jeff Garcia. It was like Babe Ruth's called home run shot, whatever misses they have had since then are forgiven. Long live Jeff Garcia.

We can forgive FBG's for the Ingram call. Back in the 2000 offseason FBG's screamed from the top of their lungs about a relatively unknown Jeff Garcia. It was like Babe Ruth's called home run shot, whatever misses they have had since then are forgiven. Long live Jeff Garcia.
More Cess Pool postings from moderated.

I'm not blaming FBG's because I drafted Ingram. That was my decision, and I knew I was going to target him as soon as he was drafted by the Saints. I still think he has the talent to be a great fantasy running back, but it's obvious he's not going to get the opportunity this year.

No, I'm pretty sure I got it. Don't know why you would think otherwise?
So you agree then that Ingram played well last night? OK, just wanted to be sure.
Of course.I mean, look at what James Starks did late last year. that definitely added a dimension to the Packers offense. It beats up and demoralizes defense.
The Colts D was beat up and demoralized before Ingram saw any significant action.

He's one touchdown away from being a Top 25 RB.
Where would he rank if you arbitrarily gave everyone an extra touchdown?
Good point and I concur. All I'm saying is that while people can say he's not far removed from being outside the Top 30 he's also not far removed from being inside the Top 25. That's why I have no problem saying he's a Top 30 RB going forward when healthy. And as I've been saying, he's been a pretty consistent fantasy producer for the past five weeks. He hasn't gone off but he's been pretty reliable for 10 points or so per game in PPR leagues - which places him squarely among the Top 30 RBs.

'moderated said:
We can forgive FBG's for the Ingram call. Back in the 2000 offseason FBG's screamed from the top of their lungs about a relatively unknown Jeff Garcia. It was like Babe Ruth's called home run shot, whatever misses they have had since then are forgiven. Long live Jeff Garcia.
I don't know - I'm still trying to get over their love for Kevin Barlow. :rolleyes:

I understand being disappointed in Ingram. I don't understand closing the book on him.
I'm not closing the book on him. I've still tried to buy him in my dynasty league. Hell, even if he is a bust (I think he is/will be), if Reggie Bush is any indication Ingram is going to be given some work for the next several years. And I've been wrong before. :shrug:

In a 0.5 PPG league I'm in Ingram comes in at No. 32 in terms of average pts/gm.In the last 5 weeks he is much higher. It's too bad he came out vs Indy because I think he was going to hit 100, and the Rams are coming up which would have finally been a great week to start him. If he's probable he may still be.

Does anyone know if this turd has practiced this week?
Now, if you think he's a "turd"... why do you care if he has practiced?I thought he looked great against Indy (I know, it was Indy). He just seemed to run harder than he did on opening night. It really is too bad he had to come out of the game.

Interesting:

Saints moved RB Chris Ivory from the reserve/PUP to the active/PUP list.The change means that Ivory is eligible to start practicing with the team and can be promoted to the active 53-man roster at any time. It's a sign that the Saints are worried about the status of Mark Ingram (heel). We will know more after coach Sean Payton addresses the media later this afternoon. Related: Mark IngramSource: New Orleans Times-Picayune Oct 26 - 12:49 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting:

Saints moved RB Chris Ivory from the reserve/PUP to the active/PUP list.The change means that Ivory is eligible to start practicing with the team and can be promoted to the active 53-man roster at any time. It's a sign that the Saints are worried about the status of Mark Ingram (heel). We will know more after coach Sean Payton addresses the media later this afternoon. Related: Mark IngramSource: New Orleans Times-Picayune Oct 26 - 12:49 PM
Yeah that doesn't sound good.Man, I hope the injury isn't serious... I would hate to see this thread come to an end. :sarcasm:

Ingram doesn't play and saints lose to the rams. It's obvious he's the heart and soul of this team!
Coaches tend to make changes (albeit small changes) after humiliating losses like the Saints just had. Seeing as he was the one back who didn't play, it's possible the coaches look at it like he was the missing piece. Here's to hoping they start feeding him the rock!

'mikel0254 said:
'VikingFrog said:
Ingram doesn't play and saints lose to the rams. It's obvious he's the heart and soul of this team!
Coaches tend to make changes (albeit small changes) after humiliating losses like the Saints just had. Seeing as he was the one back who didn't play, it's possible the coaches look at it like he was the missing piece. Here's to hoping they start feeding him the rock!
seems to me like you are doing a lot of hoping and praying... We have to hope he can play this week first... haha this guys season is a disaster, and it sucks I had to draft all the rbs that got hurt.... pathetic

'mikel0254 said:
'VikingFrog said:
seems to me like you are doing a lot of hoping and praying... We have to hope he can play this week first... haha this guys season is a disaster, and it sucks I had to draft all the rbs that got hurt.... pathetic
That I am, Sir!

'mikel0254 said:
'VikingFrog said:
Ha

'mikel0254 said:
'VikingFrog said:
lol

You would think Ingram slept with a bunch of guys sisters or something with all the hate in here.

I get it though, you blindly followed FBG advice and now you are out for blood because so far it appears to be wrong.

You would think Ingram slept with a bunch of guys sisters or something with all the hate in here. I get it though, you blindly followed FBG advice and now you are out for blood because so far it appears to be wrong.
:goodposting: What's bizarre to me is Ingram has been a solid RB3. He's not living up to his ADP and yeah that sucks but it's not like he's been completely worthless. He was a Top 30 RB in many leagues prior to his injury. That makes him a solid RB3/flex play. Nothing wrong with that at all. At least he's someone who, when healthy, you can start in that role. The upside hasn't been there like many of us thought but it's not like he's so worthless he can't even be started. You'd think that's the case based on many of the comments in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread