What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

Did anyone else notice that the Packers tackled like it was a 2-hand touch football game when Thomas had the ball?

When he is in the game every ####### person in the stadium knows what is going to happen. They need to mix it up.

Sadly, Ingram was a waste of a pick this year. Didn't feel very good taking him, but given the hype took a shot at him. First time I took a rookie RB early, never again.

He'll have his day when he figures out how to pass block, until then he will be facing 8 in the box every time he is in the game.

Sadly, Ingram was a waste of a pick this year. Didn't feel very good taking him, but given the hype took a shot at him. First time I took a rookie RB early, never again.He'll have his day when he figures out how to pass block, until then he will be facing 8 in the box every time he is in the game.
I took Adrian Peterson his rookie year in the 4th or 5th round. That's early in my book...I had LT and AD and this was when LT was still a stud. Championship!Don't give up on Ingram just yet...it's still early.

foreals...i bought it cuz siggy was all about ingram...no blames...just didnt think it was going to be this pathetic...silver lining is that he is getting the short yardage work...but that line is doing naythin but givin penetration.

Sadly, Ingram was a waste of a pick this year. Didn't feel very good taking him, but given the hype took a shot at him. First time I took a rookie RB early, never again.He'll have his day when he figures out how to pass block, until then he will be facing 8 in the box every time he is in the game.
I took Adrian Peterson his rookie year in the 4th or 5th round. That's early in my book...I had LT and AD and this was when LT was still a stud. Championship!Don't give up on Ingram just yet...it's still early.
Cool story bro.

Luckily for Ingram, I also have DWill on the same teams so he's higher on my #### list :hot:

Last edited by a moderator:
foreals...i bought it cuz siggy was all about ingram...no blames...just didnt think it was going to be this pathetic...silver lining is that he is getting the short yardage work...but that line is doing naythin but givin penetration.
Is this a style of communicating? Does it have a name/style? Do you talk this way - or is it more of a texting, written conversational deal?

Just "bought low" on him this morning...traded away Addai. It's starting to look like Indy may gel and turn things around for Addai sooner than the Saints get Ingram enough touches to warrant fantasy relevance. Up by 10 in the 4th, 3rd and 2 at the 12 and they pull Ingram and throw to Sproles, anyway? So much for the things being different with the Saints in the lead. I guess there's always hope that the Saints will be up by 20 in the 4th and give him more carries.....

Bunch of idiocy in this thread. It's week 2, and he's a rookie. Had some really nice runs in 3rd quarter. If you drafted him early to be a top dog then it shows you know nothing about this game. Never count on rookies to produce. If they do, then that's a bonus.

Im starting to love Ingram's consistency. I hate RBs that arent consistent. I like that it looks like I can go into each week and might as well put 4 pts in for Ingram :thumbup:

Bunch of idiocy in this thread. It's week 2, and he's a rookie. Had some really nice runs in 3rd quarter. If you drafted him early to be a top dog then it shows you know nothing about this game. Never count on rookies to produce. If they do, then that's a bonus.
thanks guy, must feel great to be the smartest guy in the room!

I never claimed that, but you obviously drafted him as your 1 or 2. Sorry you suck at this.

I never claimed that, but you obviously drafted him as your 1 or 2. Sorry you suck at this.
we don't all play in straight redraft leagues guy, but thanks.

we don't all play in straight redraft leagues guy, but thanks.
Neither do I. I play in 3 long running dynasties. Sold out to lock up Ingram in all 3. Couldn't be happier. What else you got for me?

Redraft is a different story, but anyone who thinks this kid isn't going to be a mega-stud is shortsighted (talking dynasty). Ingram is going to be a monster in this offense in due time.

Patience, grasshopper.

I think Ingram bites, but rookie RB's produce all the time. WR's are a different story.

There's an awful lot of condescension going on this thread, especially from people who play in "dynasty" leagues and "rookie" leagues. What you guys need to realize is that the vast majority of those that read this don't play in those. We play in what you call "redraft" leagues- we don't call it that because to us they're simply "leagues", there is no other kind. We don't care what Mark Ingram is going to do year from now. The only thing that matters is what Ingram will do this year. And we can't wait all year for him to perform, either. For most of us, benches are too thin to take a chance. If Ingram is not going to CLEARLY be an RB1 or RB2 by the middle of November, then he's worthless. I'm not even sure I can wait that long.

I drafted Ingram in the 5th round based on FBG recommendations. If they were wrong, no big deal, it happens. But those projections were supposed to be based on how he will perform THIS YEAR. You guys that are interested in dynasty or rookie drafts, please take it elsewhere. You're only confusing the issue for the rest of us.

FWIW, Bloom and Bryant on twitter:

Bloom: "CHI and GB are two of the 3 or 4 toughest matchups vs run on NO schedule. Ingram looks fine. BUY LOW. Make an offer to his owner RIGHT NOW"

Bryant: "With my buddy @SigmundBloom NO RB Ingram's faced 2 great run Ds. He's fine. Buy low NOW. Make his owner an offer."

Going to have patience, but i seriously question Ingram's awful YPC right now...

chicago gave up 100 yds rushing 300 passing vs atl last week and gave up 30 pts to new orleans today. i wouldnt call them that tough

FWIW, Bloom and Bryant on twitter:Bloom: "CHI and GB are two of the 3 or 4 toughest matchups vs run on NO schedule. Ingram looks fine. BUY LOW. Make an offer to his owner RIGHT NOW"Bryant: "With my buddy @SigmundBloom NO RB Ingram's faced 2 great run Ds. He's fine. Buy low NOW. Make his owner an offer."Going to have patience, but i seriously question Ingram's awful YPC right now...
People really need to specify if they are talkign dynasty or re-draft leagues in comments like these. Comments like these made me take Ingram early in my re-draft, and after 7 total fantasy points over 2 weeks, and after how good thomas and sproles have looked, I cannot believe how high people still are on him. Ok, if you are in a dynasty you still have hope for next year or beyond, but a re-draft? Looking like bust of the year right now.

I'm fine with his ypc, being a rookie and all. What I'm concerned about is his touches, or lack thereof. 27 total carries over 2 games in which his team averaged 32 points is disconcerting for a guy we were told to draft as top 15-18 RB with upside in the first 4 rounds. So far, we've seen Ingram have zero role in the passing game, which makes him an early down back in non-passing situations on a team that has historically been pass-crazy for the first 50 minutes of each game regardless of whether they are leading or not.

Ingram's supporters will point to his role as the goal line RB for a high-scoring team, but the Saints were tied for 5th-worst in the league last year with 9 rushing TDs as a team. As we saw today, the Saints are perfectly happy to pass inside the 20, which means Ingram isn't even on the field in many of these situations.

With no involvement in the passing game and a team history of passing in the redzone, even if Ingram averages 5ypc, we're still only looking at around 70 total yards per game and half a dozen TDs. More realistic seems to be 55ypg, unless the Saints see a reason to change their whole offensive philosophy inside the 20.

This is all from a redraft perspective.

For folks with a positive vibe at this point, how do you see Ingram being more valuable than Sproles at this point? I know FBGuys are still high on him...I just don't see how this guy can possibly end up top-20 with the role we've seen him in with the Saints through 2 games.

FWIW, Bloom and Bryant on twitter:Bloom: "CHI and GB are two of the 3 or 4 toughest matchups vs run on NO schedule. Ingram looks fine. BUY LOW. Make an offer to his owner RIGHT NOW"Bryant: "With my buddy @SigmundBloom NO RB Ingram's faced 2 great run Ds. He's fine. Buy low NOW. Make his owner an offer."Going to have patience, but i seriously question Ingram's awful YPC right now...
Maybe it's just me, but it seems almost crazy to me the extent that FBGs are going to bat for this guy. Joe and company are really hanging their hat on this one, almost to the point of putting their reputation at stake IMO. I've never seen them pimp a guy quite this hard. If he has a bad year, FBG is going to look pretty bad. If he turns things around, they'll look brilliant, but at this point doubling down on a rookie that hasn't really shown much at all through 2 games seems awfully ballsy.

There's an awful lot of condescension going on this thread, especially from people who play in "dynasty" leagues and "rookie" leagues. What you guys need to realize is that the vast majority of those that read this don't play in those. We play in what you call "redraft" leagues- we don't call it that because to us they're simply "leagues", there is no other kind. We don't care what Mark Ingram is going to do year from now. The only thing that matters is what Ingram will do this year. And we can't wait all year for him to perform, either. For most of us, benches are too thin to take a chance. If Ingram is not going to CLEARLY be an RB1 or RB2 by the middle of November, then he's worthless. I'm not even sure I can wait that long.I drafted Ingram in the 5th round based on FBG recommendations. If they were wrong, no big deal, it happens. But those projections were supposed to be based on how he will perform THIS YEAR. You guys that are interested in dynasty or rookie drafts, please take it elsewhere. You're only confusing the issue for the rest of us.
This thread clearly says "Mark Ingram HOF bandwagon". That doesn't imply long-term thinking to you, and thus, dynasty talk?Get over yourself, and decipher for yourself whether re-draft or dynasty is being talked about. Its not tough.But to attempt to lay "re-draft boundaries" on any Ingram discussion is pretty selfish and arrogant, if you ask me.Just because that's what YOU need and want to read, doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Its not all about you. And its not all about re-drafters. We can co-exist.This comment puts it over the top:
You guys that are interested in dynasty or rookie drafts, please take it elsewhere. You're only confusing the issue for the rest of us.
Get a hold of yourself. This is incredibly self-serving and insulting.

There's an awful lot of condescension going on this thread, especially from people who play in "dynasty" leagues and "rookie" leagues. What you guys need to realize is that the vast majority of those that read this don't play in those. We play in what you call "redraft" leagues- we don't call it that because to us they're simply "leagues", there is no other kind. We don't care what Mark Ingram is going to do year from now. The only thing that matters is what Ingram will do this year. And we can't wait all year for him to perform, either. For most of us, benches are too thin to take a chance. If Ingram is not going to CLEARLY be an RB1 or RB2 by the middle of November, then he's worthless. I'm not even sure I can wait that long.I drafted Ingram in the 5th round based on FBG recommendations. If they were wrong, no big deal, it happens. But those projections were supposed to be based on how he will perform THIS YEAR. You guys that are interested in dynasty or rookie drafts, please take it elsewhere. You're only confusing the issue for the rest of us.
This thread clearly says "Mark Ingram HOF bandwagon". That doesn't imply long-term thinking to you, and thus, dynasty talk?Get over yourself, and decipher for yourself whether re-draft or dynasty is being talked about. Its not tough.But to attempt to lay "re-draft boundaries" on any Ingram discussion is pretty selfish and arrogant, if you ask me.Just because that's what YOU need and want to read, doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Its not all about you. And its not all about re-drafters. We can co-exist.This comment puts it over the top:
You guys that are interested in dynasty or rookie drafts, please take it elsewhere. You're only confusing the issue for the rest of us.
Get a hold of yourself. This is incredibly self-serving and insulting.
:goodposting: i own him in a redraft and i think tims post was extremely dumb

This thread clearly says "Mark Ingram HOF bandwagon". That doesn't imply long-term thinking to you, and thus, dynasty talk?Get over yourself, and decipher for yourself whether re-draft or dynasty is being talked about. Its not tough.But to attempt to lay "re-draft boundaries" on any Ingram discussion is pretty selfish and arrogant, if you ask me.Just because that's what YOU need and want to read, doesn't mean that's the case for everyone. Its not all about you. And its not all about re-drafters. We can co-exist.
I realize what the title of the thread says, but since it started it's largely been about this year. And the fact is that most of us who are reading this are interested in this year, so it can get really confusing. And you're wrong. It is all about me. ;)

OK, my post was dumb. Let me start over. When posting in this thread about your opinion of Ingram, would you please specify whether or not you're discussing this year or long term? That would be extremely helpful to the reader. tia

People still play those?

*Dynasty/Keeper Post*

People talking about his ypc surely realize that when most of his runs early in games are short yardage situations his ypc will be low. I am not too worried about his talent. I think his usuage is pretty transparent right now to opposing defenses so I am not a fan in how he is being used. I am not sure if the way he is being used is bc he is lacking in an area or what. I'd love to see him get to play 2 or 3 complete drives rather than the situational things they are doing now.

Here's the deal for "redraft", IMO:

If you drafted the guy (I did, in the 5th round) then you figure he's going to be on your bench until around the middle of the year, when he HOPEFULLY emerges as an RB1, or at worse an RB2. That's why you drafted him. Nothing he does or does not do the first few weeks really matters. The idea is that at some point before week 8, he's going to become a 18 + carry guy. And not just for one week; he'lis l have to show that 2-3 weeks in a row before it's safe to define his value.

The first week was very promising because he had 13 carries. This week not. so much, obviously. If by week 7 or 8 he hasn't started to average 18-20 carries a game, t's then I'm afraid he's a bust. But until that time, it's too premature to reach any fair evaluation.

'

Here's the deal for "redraft", IMO:If you drafted the guy (I did, in the 5th round) then you figure he's going to be on your bench until around the middle of the year, when he HOPEFULLY emerges as an RB1, or at worse an RB2. That's why you drafted him. Nothing he does or does not do the first few weeks really matters. The idea is that at some point before week 8, he's going to become a 18 + carry guy. And not just for one week; he'lis l have to show that 2-3 weeks in a row before it's safe to define his value. The first week was very promising because he had 13 carries. This week not. so much, obviously. If by week 7 or 8 he hasn't started to average 18-20 carries a game, t's then I'm afraid he's a bust. But until that time, it's too premature to reach any fair evaluation. '
It's the combination of lack of caries, low YPC, fumbles, and predictability that I am concerned with. When he is in the game defenses key off of him. Peyton has got to mix it up.

Users who are viewing this thread