What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (2 Viewers)

I don't see how they keep him, they still have 30 mil before they get below the cap. They may not be able to sign any real FA this offseason.

I don't see how they keep him, they still have 30 mil before they get below the cap. They may not be able to sign any real FA this offseason.
Exactly. This is probably the last big pay day Ingram gets the way RB's are cast off so quickly. He's not going to stay for a home town deal. He's gone.

Exactly. This is probably the last big pay day Ingram gets the way RB's are cast off so quickly. He's not going to stay for a home town deal. He's gone.
Don't see how he goes back to NO, especially since so many believe he's never really been utilized there correctly to begin with. His best hope would be either Dallas or New England.

Don't see how he goes back to NO, especially since so many believe he's never really been utilized there correctly to begin with. His best hope would be either Dallas or New England.
I wouldn't mind seeing him in Minnesota or SD.

Those wouldn't be bad either. Dallas and NE would make him a sure fire RB1. SD could and maybe Minny, but with McKinnon there, he may split time.

Those wouldn't be bad either. Dallas and NE would make him a sure fire RB1. SD could and maybe Minny, but with McKinnon there, he may split time.
Not so sure about NE- he'd likely share with Bount, Gray, and whoever they use as the passing back.

Dallas would obviously be ridiculous, and I think Indy or Baltimore would be next best. Atlanta, SD, Buffalo and Minny would be pretty good as well.

How about a wild card destination. Lesean McCoy is scheduled to make $12mil next year. If he doesnt renegotiate his deal, he may be gone.

Kelly likes guys to hit the hole hard and decisive. Ingram might be a nice fit for less than half of what Shady is making.
Eh, maybe.

Rumor: Eagles interested in FA Mark Ingram

Lyons Yellin of WWL-TV in Louisiana has "heard rumblings" the Eagles have interest in free agent Mark Ingram.
Whereas Shady McCoy was an at-times improvisational east-west back, Ingram is a north-south runner whose addition in Philadelphia would constitute a changing of the guard. There were rumblings late in the year that coach Chip Kelly was displeased with McCoy's tendency to freelance in his running game, which also led to Bryce Brown's ouster last offseason. A more assignment-sound runner than McCoy, Ingram's fantasy stock would skyrocket in Philly.
Source: Lyons Yellin on Twitter
Mar 4 - 11:31 AM

Rumor: Eagles interested in FA Mark Ingram

Lyons Yellin of WWL-TV in Louisiana has "heard rumblings" the Eagles have interest in free agent Mark Ingram.
Whereas Shady McCoy was an at-times improvisational east-west back, Ingram is a north-south runner whose addition in Philadelphia would constitute a changing of the guard. There were rumblings late in the year that coach Chip Kelly was displeased with McCoy's tendency to freelance in his running game, which also led to Bryce Brown's ouster last offseason. A more assignment-sound runner than McCoy, Ingram's fantasy stock would skyrocket in Philly.
Source: Lyons Yellin on Twitter
Mar 4 - 11:31 AM
As an Ingram dynasty owner, this would make me very, very happy. :pickle:

Ingram on that offense would be a fantasy goldmine. Give him 20-25 carries a game in a fast-paced offense (and all the goalline carries)....

Money

Maybe now add Philly to the list?
Philly would want someone with receiving skills.
They still have Sproles, and Ingram has some receiving skills. McCoy only had 28 receptions last year.
1 less than Ingram.
McCoy wasn't himself last year. He does have a career 7.6 YPR compared to Ingram's 5.4.
You are trolling, right? You have to realize that their usage in the passing game could not have been more different. The type of plays called for you have as much of an impact (if not more) on your YPR than your actual ability.

So is Khiry Robinson the guy in NO now by default?
he knows the system. I think he has the Ingram role from last year for this year.

they will draft someone, however it might not be early, based on cuts and team needs D/Oline might be a more pressing concern
I don't think they envisioned the Ingram role being as big as it was and I don't think they have confidence in Khiry as their lead back to start the season. I think he'll be back in a RBBC and even if it's the lead part, which I'm not sure about, he'll hover in the 10-12 touch range on average most weeks unless injuries thin out the position, like it did at various points last season.

Bet you they draft an RB in the 3rd/4th since this is a deep draft and he'll split time with Khiry and Cadet
They have to add RB(s). But Khiry is set to be the main option right now. He'll get first crack at the lions share of Saint touches.
I'm thinking this could be like Indy last year where lots of people thought TRich was in line for a big season with Brown gone. I disagreed based on what Indy did in the offseason with Nicks, Moncrief and Allen coming back healthy. I'm waiting for the draft to see what they do. If they release Colston, but then grab Parker in the draft (I've seen quite a few where he is around) then maybe they go all in on the passing game. With Graham and Cooks healthy and Stills looking like he's taken a step forward, adding Parker or someone close (DGB), the RB touches might not amount to much. Ingram grabbed the bull by the horns and not only made the most of the touches, he made the OC create more touches.

Bet you they draft an RB in the 3rd/4th since this is a deep draft and he'll split time with Khiry and Cadet
They have to add RB(s). But Khiry is set to be the main option right now. He'll get first crack at the lions share of Saint touches.
I'm thinking this could be like Indy last year where lots of people thought TRich was in line for a big season with Brown gone. I disagreed based on what Indy did in the offseason with Nicks, Moncrief and Allen coming back healthy. I'm waiting for the draft to see what they do. If they release Colston, but then grab Parker in the draft (I've seen quite a few where he is around) then maybe they go all in on the passing game. With Graham and Cooks healthy and Stills looking like he's taken a step forward, adding Parker or someone close (DGB), the RB touches might not amount to much. Ingram grabbed the bull by the horns and not only made the most of the touches, he made the OC create more touches.
Lets not compare with the epic failure that is TRich. He was 2.9 ypc the year before. And 3.4 before that. The writing was on the wall.

Khiry was 4.8 last year. A 25 year old at 6' 220# with two years of experience and game tape for everyone to have seen. Furthermore the team just let Pierre Thomas go.

Guess he'd rather not be a bell cow. Considering how little running backs get paid anyway, I can't say I blame him

At least Pierre is gone, but this isn't good:

Adam SchefterVerified account@AdamSchefter
Saints and RB Mark Ingram have reached agreement on a four-year deal, per league source.

5:12 PM - 7 Mar 2015
Pretty disappointing. Can only hope that with PT exiting and Ingram's frustration over RBBC approach that Payton made some assurances of allowing him to be something closer to an everydown back. The biggest positive is with their cap situation being what it is it's a pretty big positive sign they wanted to lock him up, but hard to get excited about this right now for Ingram.

Did pretty well last year for me.
That's true. He was the 11th best RB in PPG for PPR leagues and like I mentioned earlier it's a good sign that as cash strapped as they are they got him resigned.

I had dreams of him taking Demarco's job and lately the Philly talk was getting me a little stoked-but it might not have been any better-after all Ingram was better than McCoy in PPR last year. I think anyway. But this sure beats Arizona.

Im thinking the familiarity breeds more of the same. Kiry makes me somewhat nervous but it certainly could be worse. His floor is still strong, his ceiling might be limited but Brees and rest of passing game may be slowing down and need the grinder.

Im thinking the familiarity breeds more of the same. Kiry makes me somewhat nervous but it certainly could be worse. His floor is still strong, his ceiling might be limited but Brees and rest of passing game may be slowing down and need the grinder.
They are going to have to whack one of their guards to fit Ingram's contract under the cap.Counter productive.

Users who are viewing this thread