What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maroney (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure what you are laughing at, but 50 yards and a score is a far cry from blowing up.
In the first half. My projection wasn't exactly definitive of blowing up. Just stated he'd have a career day and for him that isn't exactly a HUGE game. He's havin a great day. Are you suggesting he's not? Are the Pats not favoring him more than any of the other backs?

This guy has been on the pine is most leagues for months...deservedly so. He will have a career game Sunday. Call it a hunch.

18/123 3/45 1.3 TDs

Mark it down
:bag: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Call it a hunch? What else would you call it (other than maybe a joke) since there is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest this is going to happen.
If Maroney can't get it done against the lowly Jets every single bad team he's played this year then the jury's in. I think he has a big day is a bag lunch.
Fixed.I'm sorry to be so flip, but come on...it's Week 15. Running Maroney a lot is simply not in the Patriots plans this year. The jury has been in for a few weeks now.
Hmm...time to eat some crow I guess. But then, that's about right for my thoughts on Maroney all season. I was wrong when I drafted him in the 2nd round. I was wrong every time I started him this year thinking "this is the week". And now I am wrong thinking that he wouldn't ever have a decent fantasy start this season.

This guy has been on the pine is most leagues for months...deservedly so. He will have a career game Sunday. Call it a hunch.

18/123 3/45 1.3 TDs

Mark it down
:thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Call it a hunch? What else would you call it (other than maybe a joke) since there is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest this is going to happen.
If Maroney can't get it done against the lowly Jets every single bad team he's played this year then the jury's in. I think he has a big day is a bag lunch.
Fixed.I'm sorry to be so flip, but come on...it's Week 15. Running Maroney a lot is simply not in the Patriots plans this year. The jury has been in for a few weeks now.
Hmm...time to eat some crow I guess. But then, that's about right for my thoughts on Maroney all season. I was wrong when I drafted him in the 2nd round. I was wrong every time I started him this year thinking "this is the week". And now I am wrong thinking that he wouldn't ever have a decent fantasy start this season.
I wouldn't recommend starting him usually either. I just think with this game, the writing was on the walls.

what are you bumping? your incorrect prediction of 170 total yard, 3 catches, and 3 touchdowns? Terrible prediction then and a terrible prediction now. keep patting yourself on the pack. it looks classy.also, everyone knew the pats were going to run more. no surprise, but thanks for making it seem like you were the only one thinking maroney would get more carries. ya, he had a good game. thats it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I completely forgot I had posted in this thread.They didn't play him so much in a few of the recent games because of the defenses they were up against -- I think you'll probably see more Maroney against Miami, too. Belichick is very adaptive.

what are you bumping? your incorrect prediction of 170 total yard, 3 catches, and 3 touchdowns? Terrible prediction then and a terrible prediction now. keep patting yourself on the pack. it looks classy.

also, everyone knew the pats were going to run more. no surprise, but thanks for making it seem like you were the only one thinking maroney would get more carries. ya, he had a good game. thats it.
Okay, Hornet...answer me this. If you and all the other Sharks knew the Pats were going to run the ball more with Maroney, then tell me why he wouldn't have been projected to have a good game? He's averaging 4.2 YPC going against the worst run defense in football. You stated it was no surprise that he would get more carries so why was this bad advice? I'll settle for a half literate answer that makes any bit of sense. Your response above is simply s contradiction of itself. It's simple mathemagics.Maroney = 4.2 YPC + Increased Carries / horrible run defense x inclement weather = Big Day

3 touchdowns :rolleyes: Are you crazy or illiterate? Sometimes it's better to just eat crow, bud. You obviously missed the playoffs. Now excuse me, I've got film to study to prepare for all my bowl games.

Another excerpt from you:

no disrespect brother, but this is very, very bad advice.
Had you taken it, you may be in a bowl game.

what are you bumping? your incorrect prediction of 170 total yard, 3 catches, and 3 touchdowns? Terrible prediction then and a terrible prediction now. keep patting yourself on the pack. it looks classy.

also, everyone knew the pats were going to run more. no surprise, but thanks for making it seem like you were the only one thinking maroney would get more carries. ya, he had a good game. thats it.
Okay, Hornet...answer me this. If you and all the other Sharks knew the Pats were going to run the ball more with Maroney, then tell me why he wouldn't have been projected to have a good game? He's averaging 4.2 YPC going against the worst run defense in football. You stated it was no surprise that he would get more carries so why was this bad advice? I'll settle for a half literate answer that makes any bit of sense. Your response above is simply s contradiction of itself. It's simple mathemagics.Maroney = 4.2 YPC + Increased Carries / horrible run defense x inclement weather = Big Day

3 touchdowns :bag: Are you crazy or illiterate? Sometimes it's better to just eat crow, bud. You obviously missed the playoffs. Now excuse me, I've got film to study to prepare for all my bowl games.

ok, i see now. your first post says 1.3 touchdowns. i though it said 3 touchdowns and that is why i thought it was very bad advice. usually with predictions you put an even amount of td's, not an average of what you think a guy will get....but anywayand i actually am in the finals of both my leagues. thanks.

3 touchdowns :confused: Are you crazy or illiterate? Sometimes it's better to just eat crow, bud. You obviously missed the playoffs. Now excuse me, I've got film to study to prepare for all my bowl games.

Maroney's numbers for the last two weeks:40/260/2

Bump to prove all the naysayers completely wrong. There were more reasons to start him (see previous posts) than there were to bench him - his last two performances likely put many owners into their champ games.

3 touchdowns :confused: Are you crazy or illiterate? Sometimes it's better to just eat crow, bud. You obviously missed the playoffs. Now excuse me, I've got film to study to prepare for all my bowl games.

Bump to prove all the naysayers completely wrong. There were more reasons to start him (see previous posts) than there were to bench him - his last two performances likely put many owners into their champ games.
True, but both games were against horrible run defenses. Let's see him do it in a few weeks against someone who can stop the run. I like Maroney as much as anyone, but I still need to see more. One can argue that against the Jets he should have done more, since they were conceding the run and throwing everyone out there to stop the pass.

3 touchdowns :useless: Are you crazy or illiterate? Sometimes it's better to just eat crow, bud. You obviously missed the playoffs. Now excuse me, I've got film to study to prepare for all my bowl games.

True, but both games were against horrible run defenses. Let's see him do it in a few weeks against someone who can stop the run. I like Maroney as much as anyone, but I still need to see more. One can argue that against the Jets he should have done more, since they were conceding the run and throwing everyone out there to stop the pass.
The main purpose of the thread was geared towards last week and his performance in the playoffs. You make a valid point about the future, but the discussion centered around last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread