What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maroney (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escape Goat

Footballguy
This guy has been on the pine is most leagues for months...deservedly so. He will have a career game Sunday. Call it a hunch.

18/123 3/45 1.3 TDs

Mark it down

This guy has been on the pine is most leagues for months...deservedly so. He will have a career game Sunday. Call it a hunch.18/123 3/45 1.3 TDsMark it down
What are you basing this on? Hunches have some sorta basis. I've seen nothing from the Pats or Maroney to make this even seem possible.?

The only way LM gets his is if the weather is as bad as they are forecasting...but will LM get his or the other RB's?

Sunday, Dec 16, 2007

Wintry Mix / Wind High

33°F

Precip

70%

Wind: NE 29 mph

Max. Humidity: 72%

UV Index: 1 Low

Sunrise: 7:07 AM ET

Avg. High: 40°F

Record High: 58°F (1982)

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has been on the pine is most leagues for months...deservedly so. He will have a career game Sunday. Call it a hunch.18/123 3/45 1.3 TDsMark it down
Oooh great. Just in time for me to compete in the loser's bracket.
I'm right there with you. For kicks I'll also start Kevin Faulk, Stallworth and Gostkowski.
I'm with you. Trying to work some late trades so I can startBradyMaroneyfaulkMossWelkergafneyWatsonGostkowskipats Def

I have been one of Maroney's biggest backers the whole season, and I gotta say at this point I am wondering when if ever they will give him the ball (and if they want him to have it).

If NE gets involved in a running battle, IMO at this point I think they would rotate in the other guys (Evans, Faulk, and Eckels) and I doubt Maroney would get a ton of carries to make a major fantasy impact.

Dude - New England passes the ball 45 times and runs the ball 10 times. Are you not paying attention?

What Mr. Goat meant was that:

The Jets are 30th in the league in rushing defense @ 141yds/game @ 4.3yds/carry and have given up 12TD's to date.

He also wanted to mention that the weather looks to be poor (29mph winds, mixed precipitation).

In their last 5 games, the Jets have given up 152yds (Cle), 37 (Mia) 152 (Dal), 151 (Pit), 137 (Was).

The Pats have had minimal rushing attempts and yards the past three weeks because they've played three tough rushing defenses. (Phil #9, Pitt # 2, Balt # 3). Against weaker opponents, they have averaged closer to 30 attempts per game, over 100yds and over a TD.

The Jets are a weak rushing defense. Everyone is really hyped up about a blowout because of revenge. It is conceivable that the Pats could have a very good rushing day - and that includes Maroney.

What Mr. Goat meant was that:The Jets are 30th in the league in rushing defense @ 141yds/game @ 4.3yds/carry and have given up 12TD's to date.He also wanted to mention that the weather looks to be poor (29mph winds, mixed precipitation).In their last 5 games, the Jets have given up 152yds (Cle), 37 (Mia) 152 (Dal), 151 (Pit), 137 (Was).The Pats have had minimal rushing attempts and yards the past three weeks because they've played three tough rushing defenses. (Phil #9, Pitt # 2, Balt # 3). Against weaker opponents, they have averaged closer to 30 attempts per game, over 100yds and over a TD.The Jets are a weak rushing defense. Everyone is really hyped up about a blowout because of revenge. It is conceivable that the Pats could have a very good rushing day - and that includes Maroney.
:)

Yeah, that's all fine and good and all, but, Maroney really hasn't run much this year has he???? HAS HE?? The Pat are a passing team. Not a running team. Maroney will not have a career day make.

If(forecast only) the winds are blowing consistantly 25+ MPH, Brady may have 300+ yards and 3+ TDs, but they'll only be the 5-10 yard passes then YAC.

Otherwise BB may have to resort to the running game.

Big if, keep an eye on the forecast as Sunday approaches...4PM game now.

Thanks for clearing things up for these people. I figured my call it a hunch would lead to discussion on exactly why it wasn't a hunch. You broke things down pretty well and I don't really have much to add to the topic. The Patriots are out to win every game and they will devise a game plan that gives them the best chance to win. Tom's been chuckin the ball around like a mad man. Everyone is talking about how they can't run or have abandoned it all together. The short pass is the new run. Facing high winds and inclement weather would lead me to believe they will likely roll out the ground game a bit more. People actually 1 starred me for creating this thread. I know, considering the circumstances my prediction is outrageous. Keep fighting the good fight, Sharks.

What Mr. Goat meant was that:

The Jets are 30th in the league in rushing defense @ 141yds/game @ 4.3yds/carry and have given up 12TD's to date.

He also wanted to mention that the weather looks to be poor (29mph winds, mixed precipitation).

In their last 5 games, the Jets have given up 152yds (Cle), 37 (Mia) 152 (Dal), 151 (Pit), 137 (Was).

The Pats have had minimal rushing attempts and yards the past three weeks because they've played three tough rushing defenses. (Phil #9, Pitt # 2, Balt # 3). Against weaker opponents, they have averaged closer to 30 attempts per game, over 100yds and over a TD.

The Jets are a weak rushing defense. Everyone is really hyped up about a blowout because of revenge. It is conceivable that the Pats could have a very good rushing day - and that includes Maroney.

Member No.: 30892

NUFF SAID :rolleyes:
WORST POST EVERLMFAO, like this board is the only place in the world where football knowledge comes from? When you joined it directly relates to how much football knowledge you have? Puhleeze buddy, when you joined this board has no connection at all to a persons understanding about football or ability to predict performances. Really there is a good case to be made here with the Jets weakness vs. the run, the weather etc. Take away the receptions and not a bad prediction at all.

NUFF SAID :goodposting:
WORST POST EVERLMFAO, like this board is the only place in the world where football knowledge comes from? When you joined it directly relates to how much football knowledge you have? Puhleeze buddy, when you joined this board has no connection at all to a persons understanding about football or ability to predict performances. Really there is a good case to be made here with the Jets weakness vs. the run, the weather etc. Take away the receptions and not a bad prediction at all.
i agree with your comment, except for the part about this being a good prediction.

NUFF SAID :rolleyes:
Weather may cause Pats to run more, may not mean a good day for Maroney...Faulk, Evans, etc...

Maroney will not have a career day make.
Considering it won't take much for Maroney to have a 'career day'....
His career best is 140 yards and 2 TD.
Right. I'm figuring most starting RBs have had better days than that.
FWIW, since Maroney entered the league there have been 25 RB's who have put up more fantasy points than Maroney's best (26.0). This includes some RB's who were backups before the starter got injured (Kolby Smith, Mike Bell, Kenny Watson, Kenton Keith, Ladell Betts, Artose Pinner, Ron Dayne).Overall, 26.0 ties for the 55th best fantasy RB performance in the last two years.

NUFF SAID :thumbup:
Whatever you say Noob!!!Group: Members

Member No.: 28917

:rant:

Seriously though, each week people(Maroney owners) try to find a reason he will have a good game. Yet, the games pass, and Maroney disappoints again. At this point, Maroney is nothing but a desperation play. Could the bad weather help, maybe, but starting Maroney should be a last resort.

Is it just me, or does Escape Goat sound an awful lot like scapegoat? Maybe he can make it easy on everyone and bracket his aliases as well... :thumbup:

Maroney *could* do well, but I doubt it...NE looks like they want to pass every down, they do not care about running the football..I do not think they will try to get away from that, no matter what the circumstances. And, Maroney isn't very good..lets be honest, he's less than average...I mean, if he was a star RB, they'd certainly try to run the ball more, no?he's a bust.

Is it just me, or does Escape Goat sound an awful lot like scapegoat? Maybe he can make it easy on everyone and bracket his aliases as well... :goodposting:
You mean the guy that was calling for a lynch mob for the Jets before any wrongdoing had been proven? Wow, talk about a New England homer.

NUFF SAID :thumbup:
Whatever you say Noob!!!Group: Members

Member No.: 28917

:thumbup:

Seriously though, each week people(Maroney owners) try to find a reason he will have a good game. Yet, the games pass, and Maroney disappoints again. At this point, Maroney is nothing but a desperation play. Could the bad weather help, maybe, but starting Maroney should be a last resort.
:goodposting: :thumbup:

Maroney *could* do well, but I doubt it...NE looks like they want to pass every down, they do not care about running the football..I do not think they will try to get away from that, no matter what the circumstances. And, Maroney isn't very good..lets be honest, he's less than average...I mean, if he was a star RB, they'd certainly try to run the ball more, no?he's a bust.
I cant imagine BB using LT, Westbrook, Peterson, etc., like his does Maroney. I think Maroney is at his best in a RBBC, which would make the selection of Mcfadden in the draft a likely scenario.

I cant imagine BB using LT, Westbrook, Peterson, etc., like his does Maroney. I think Maroney is at his best in a RBBC, which would make the selection of Mcfadden in the draft a likely scenario.
With a triple threat of Morris, Maroney and Faulk why would Belichick take McFadden and his salary with an aging LB Corps? Only possibility is if he goes BPA but I see other future concerns beside a running game.

I think its cute that people think if your new to the board you know nothing about ff. As if others who have been here since the yellow board have some kinda hokie religious knowledge.

With a triple threat of Morris, Maroney and Faulk why would Belichick take McFadden and his salary with an aging LB Corps? Only possibility is if he goes BPA but I see other future concerns beside a running game.
Why? Because Mcfadden>>>>Maroney, Faulk and Morris. Not to mention, there is no LB worth the 1.2 pick. I would assume they will try and trade down, but if not, Mcfadden is likely the pick there.

:goodposting: :thumbup: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :banned: :grad: :suds: Call it a hunch? What else would you call it (other than maybe a joke) since there is absolutely ZERO evidence to suggest this is going to happen.

I'd love to see Maroney have a huge game, but I'm not going to take the risk starting him in a playoff week.

Here’s how New England stacks up on the ground this year (with info obtained from NFL.com):

Rushing attempts – 356 (8th) (28 att per game)

Rushing yards – 1,456 (8th)

Rushing YPA – 4.09 (12th)

Rushing TDs – 13 (t3rd)

Rushing first downs – 103 (2nd)

Percent of rushes for first downs – 28.9 (1st)

Fumbles – 2 (t3rd)

looks to me like their running the ball quite a bit , and quite well too i mite add. the problem for LM is he's only going to get a hand full of those 28 carries the pats are averaging, which will keep him well short of the posters hunch......

I still can't believe that they will run him hard in bad weather. Evans, Eckel, and Faulk will take away as well. He will keep disappointing owners like you.

If Maroney can't get it done against the lowly Jets every single bad team he's played this year then the jury's in. I think he has a big day is a bag lunch.
Fixed.I'm sorry to be so flip, but come on...it's Week 15. Running Maroney a lot is simply not in the Patriots plans this year. The jury has been in for a few weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread