What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL1 - OFFICAL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken
3.1 Knowledgereigns - Brandon Jacobs - RB20 - NYG

3.2 Bostonfred - Javon Walker - WR11 - Den

3.3 EvilGrin72 - Ahman Green - RB21 - HOU

3.4 Dpease - Marques Colston -WR12 - NO

3.5 Fiddles - Deuce McAllister - RB22 - NO

3.6 teamLegacy - Andre Johnson - WR13 - Hou

3.7 Reaper - Caddy Williams - RB23 - TB

3.8 Duke1948 - Donald Driver - WR14 - GB

3.9 Rzrback77 - Lee Evans WR15 - Buff

3.10 BikeSeatSniffa - Randy Moss - WR16 - NE

3.11 Glumpy - Drew Brees - QB3 - NO

3.12 BlueKun - Adrian Peterson - RB24 - Minny

3.13 AhrnCityPahnder - Hines Ward - WR17 - Stillers

3.14 Captain Hook - Marion Barber III - RB25 - Dall

3.15 Pimpin' Aint Easy - DeAngelo Williams - RB26 - Car

3.16 Football Jones - Jerious Norwood - RB27 - Atl

4.1 Football Jones - Tom Brady QB4 - NE

4.2 Pimpin' Aint Easy - Marc Bulger - QB5 - STL

4.3 Captain Hook - Julius Jones - RB28 - Dall

4.4 AhrnCityPahnder - Todd Heap - TE2 - Balt

4.5 BlueKun - Marshawn Lynch - RB29 - Buffalo

4.6 Glumpy - Reggie Brown - WR18 - Philly

4.7 BikeSeatSniffa - Kellen Winslow Jr - TE3 - Cleve

4.8 Rzrback77 - Plaxico Buress - WR19 - NYG

4.9 Duke1948 - Lavernous Coles - WR20 - NYJ

4.10 Reaper - Tony Gonzales - TE4 - KC

4.11 TeamLegacy - Jeremy Shockey - TE5 - NYG

4.12 Fiddles - Joey Galloway - WR21 - TB

4.13 Dpease- Braylon Edwards - WR22 - Cleve

4.14 EvilGrin72- Donovan McNabb - QB6 - Philly

4.15 BostonFred -

4.16 Knowledgereigns

1.1 Knowledgereigns - LaDainian Tomlinson RB1 - San Diego SUPER Chargers

1.2 Bostonfred - Steven Jackson - RB2 - STL

1.3 EvilGrin72 - Larry Johnson RB3 - KC

1.4 Dpease - Frank Gore RB4 - SF

1.5 Fiddles - Shaun Alexander - RB5 - Sea

1.6 teamLegacy Brian Wetbrook - RB6 - Philly

1.7 Reaper - Willie Parker - RB7 - Pitt

1.8 Duke1948 - Joseph Addai - RB8 - Indy

1.9 Rzrback77 - Reggie Bush - RB9 - NO

1.10 BikeSeatSniffa - Rudi Johnson - RB10 - Cincy

1.11 Glumpy - Travis Henry - RB11 - Den

1.12 BlueKun - Antonio Gates - TE1 - San Diego SUPER Chargers

1.13 AhrnCityPahnder - Tory Holt - WR1 - STL

1.14 Captain Hook - Steve Smith - WR2 - Car

1.15 Pimpin' Aint Easy - Clinton Portis - RB12 - Was

1.16 Football Jones -Maurice Jones-Drew - Rb13 -Jax

2.1 Football Jones - Laurence Maroney - RB14 - NEpats

2.2 Pimpin' Aint Easy - Chad Johnson - WR3 - Cincy

2.3 Captain Hook - Peyton Manning - QB1 - Indy

2.4 AhrnCityPahnder - Ronnie Brown - RB15 - Mia

2.5 BlueKun - Terrell Owens - WR4 - Dallas

2.6 Glumpy -Willis Mcgahee - RB16 - Balt

2.7 BikeSeatSniffa - Edge James - RB17 - Arz

2.8 Rzrback77 - Reggie Wayne - WR5 - Indy

2.9 Duke1948 - Carson Palmer - QB2 - Cincy

2.10 Reaper - Larry Fitzgerlad - WR6 - Arz

2.11 TeamLegacy - Marvin Harrison - WR7 - Indy

2.12 Fiddles - Cedric Benson - RB18 - Chi

2.13 Dpease- Thomas Jones - RB19 - NYJ

2.14 EvilGrin72- Tj Housmanzedah - WR8 - Cincy

2.15 BostonFred - Anquan Boldin - WR9 - Arz

2.16 Knowledgereigns - Roy Williams - WR10 - Det

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the PMs guys, just got back from a lunch meeting.

1.3 Larry Johnson, RB, Chiefs

PMing next
Why does picking LJ at 3 surprise me? I'm not sure of the answer, but I feel surprised. I know that the majority of players get to camp, but this one feels different.

Not sure we should be using up this space for commentary Scott, but I still think he is the third RB off the board - I just can see KC doing nothing to start the season - they are going to be bad anyway, but the PR nightmare of not having him on board or trading him would seem to be the worst option. Only if he is not traded and not signed, do I see him slipping below #3

1.5 Shaun Alexander RB Sea

sure hope that foot holds up as ive drafted him 3 or 4 times so far this summer

Not sure we should be using up this space for commentary Scott, but I still think he is the third RB off the board - I just can see KC doing nothing to start the season - they are going to be bad anyway, but the PR nightmare of not having him on board or trading him would seem to be the worst option. Only if he is not traded and not signed, do I see him slipping below #3
we are all vets, we can keep the dialogue here. LJ is risky right now but I think KC has to pay him. They really dont have a choice.

PMing next
Why does picking LJ at 3 surprise me? I'm not sure of the answer, but I feel surprised. I know that the majority of players get to camp, but this one feels different.
There are ?? surrounding everyone below him as well (durability, coaching changes, etc.) so I went with the guy I had projected for the most pts, plain & simple. I think he gets his when all is said and done. Briggs in Chicago was even more contentious, and he's about to sign on.

PMing next
There are ?? surrounding everyone below him as well (durability, coaching changes, etc.) so I went with the guy I had projected for the most pts, plain & simple. I think he gets his when all is said and done. Briggs in Chicago was even more contentious, and he's about to sign on.
Great pick. I would have gladly taken him #4. Even with the holdout LT, SJ, and LJ are the top 3 choices. Picks 4-8 are much more debatable.

PMing next
Great pick. I would have gladly taken him #4. Even with the holdout LT, SJ, and LJ are the top 3 choices. Picks 4-8 are much more debatable.
:mellow: Team Priest is BACK! LJ is pretty much undraftable.

This was a bad timing issue as I saw legacy in the thread when I picked. He must have gotten busy right before I posted. Bummer.

If I can get my work done a little early today, I'll be headed to the Saints practice session where I'll be watching

1.9 Reggie Bush RB Saints

will PM Next

1.7 Willie Parker, RB. Pitt

Pm'g
We are not doing WCOFF again this year.
Umm, yeah, I tried to tell you that in Vegas last year when you showed up with a dead battery laptop and a cheatsheet on toilet paper that said Ronnie Brown Rulz Yo!!!!But, they're pimpin' Fast Willie on the super secret underground board so , I figured I'd own him somewhere..... Nice Dice roll BTW....

Reaper said:
1.7 Willie Parker, RB. Pitt

Pm'g
We are not doing WCOFF again this year.
Umm, yeah, I tried to tell you that in Vegas last year when you showed up with a dead battery laptop and a cheatsheet on toilet paper that said Ronnie Brown Rulz Yo!!!!But, they're pimpin' Fast Willie on the super secret underground board so , I figured I'd own him somewhere..... Nice Dice roll BTW....
The guys with the eighth and ninth picks are the ones with the nice draft slots. Actually, the guys with the sixth and fifth will probably look pretty good after next round, too. But good luck with the Mike Tomlin running back. That's traditionally a good player to have, right?PS the reason we took Brown is because you wouldn't let us take Steven Jackson because you were worried he was hurt, and because I correctly overruled you on Tiki Barber. And I also was the one who picked Brees.

fred are you advocating avoiding fwp because of new coach uncertainty or are you just bustin balls?

1.12 - Antonio Gates

pm'ing next.

side-note: I am on the WC, typically don't wake up before like 10am (work late, get up late).

1.12 - Antonio Gatespm'ing next.side-note: I am on the WC, typically don't wake up before like 10am (work late, get up late).
please make every effort to PM at night then please. waiting until 2pm est for picks is moderately pain for us right coasters. My pick coming in a minute.

fred are you advocating avoiding fwp because of new coach uncertainty or are you just bustin balls?
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...t&p=7056435
we shall see but I dont think you should write him off because of coach speak. you cant pass more unless you setup the run. also willies a threat from anywhere on the field.
ALso, I thought Tomlin was a Defense coach, or am I wrong there? How do we know "he likes to pass more?"

we shall see but I dont think you should write him off because of coach speak. you cant pass more unless you setup the run. also willies a threat from anywhere on the field.
ALso, I thought Tomlin was a Defense coach, or am I wrong there? How do we know "he likes to pass more?"
ya his background is defense I think fred meant the new OC

Good stuff in that thread....

Honestly, and I know "PTTS"...., But, IMO the 7 spot is the worst in the draft.. I'd just as happily take any of the next 6-7 RB's and be better off in the 2nd round... And to me the 1st 6 picks in this draft went as scripted with the 1st "Decision" at the 7 spot... If this were Bid For your spot league, I'd do anything I can not to get #7, though in almost every other SL's this year, one of those top 6 fell.

I'm sure Fred had Bush lined up there and As Fred Knows, I was President of the Willie Parker Haters club for a while, never owned him before but, thought he showed a lot last year and the schedule is pretty good with no competition to steal many carries.... I agree with those who say the Pitt offense should be better off this year with a healthy Ben...

At this point in the draft With RB's, the pick shouldn't make or break your team unless there's an injury.....

ya his background is defense I think fred meant the new OC
That's covered in the rest of the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread