What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mcgahee,Evans, and Losman (1 Viewer)

LBH

Footballguy
Does anyone think these guys could produce big fantasy points for a long time with a little offensive line help

After watching Losman I need to be convinced he can even be a mediocre starter let alone a bigtime fantasy producer.

Evans will be a fantasy star once he gets a QB that can consistently get the ball to him. He's next in the line Moss/Smith speedsters. His knack for getting behind a secondary is incredible.

I think McGahee and Evans do. Losman just hasn't shown me that he can be good consistently. Only problem is that if one slips a bit the other two's stats will go down as well

After watching Losman I need to be convinced he can even be a mediocre starter let alone a bigtime fantasy producer.
I agree with this and as Losman goes, so goes McGahee and Evans. Holcomb could very well be the starter. I am not sold on Losman yet but I am not writing him off just yet either. He has shown some flashes here and there but he is young and still could be a year away from being a fantasy starter.

Anybody else notice that Evans had his best games when Losman was the QB? Otherwise Holcomb favored Moulds heavily.

Evans is the next Porter/Lelie

If you think thats fantasy stardom, then by all means go after him.

Evans is the next Porter/Lelie
Wack comparisons in my opinion.Lee Evans is a lightning quick receiver who runs excellent routes. After just two seasons he's scoring a touchdown every 6 times he makes a reception. Lee Evans has the tools to be a superstar in this league if the Bills get can some improved quarterback play.

:banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the biggest issue was the offensive line. In the handfull of games I saw, the quarterbacks were running for they're lives, and Mcghaee wasn't getting any room to run.

I think the biggest issue was the offensive line. In the handfull of games I saw, the quarterbacks were running for they're lives, and Mcghaee wasn't getting any room to run.
You know, and it's funny that you mention that because Bledsoe and Henry were solid, and rather than work on the OL, they draft McGahee, then dump Henry, then draft Losman and dump Bledsoe.Because of their terrible OL, they really aren't in a position to succeed for "fantasy stardom".

Here's some interesting numbers:

2002 - 8-8

2003 - 6-10

2004 - 9-7

2005 - 5-11

Bledsoe:

2003 - 58.2% completion, 2860 yards, 11TD/12INT, 73.0QBRAT

2004 - 56.9% completion, 2932 yards, 20TD/16INT, 76.6QBRAT

Losman (2005 adjusted):

2005 - 49.6% completion, 2522 yards, 15TD/15INT, 64.9 QBRAT

Henry:

2002 - 325 att, 4.4ypc, 1438 yards, 13TD; 43 rec, 309 yards, TD; 11FUM, 8FL; 6 100+ games

2003 (15G) - 331 att, 4.1ypc, 1356 yards, 10TD; 28 rec, 158 yards, TD; 7FUM, 3FL; 5 100+ games

McGahee (2004 adjusted):

2004 - 379 att, 4.0ypc, 1504 yards, 17TD; 29 rec, 225 yards; 6FUM, 3FL; 9 100+ games

2005 (15G) - 325 att, 3.8ypc, 1247 yards, 5TD; 28 rec, 178 yards; 1FUM, 1FL; 5 100+ games

Clearly the Bills haven't gotten any better from their recent first round picks (I left Evans out because of the 3-yr WR rule, and it's only his 2nd, and he's not a WR1 until next year).

In fact, I'd go so far as to say they've regressed a bit. See, this is what happens when you go for QB, RB etc rather than OT, OG. The Bills still have a terrible OL now, still have (for the sake of argument), about the same production, except they've wasted two first-round picks to do it.

To answer your question, no they aren't on the verge of fantasy stardom. Evans is probably going to have a decent year next year (1100 / 6 judging from Moulds' dropoff after Price left, and then a couple other young WR1s without reliable compliments in Andre Johnson and Michael Clayton), but other than that, it's just going to be the same thing until they fix their real needs and stop wasting draft picks on upgrading positions that needn't be upgraded.

Even with a little offensive line help, who knows? Maybe, but past history indicates they would rather draft Jay Cutler or DeAngelo Williams and go 6-10.

Last edited:
To answer your question, no they aren't on the verge of fantasy stardom. Evans is probably going to have a decent year next year (1100 / 6 judging from Moulds' dropoff after Price left, and then a couple other young WR1s without reliable compliments in Andre Johnson and Michael Clayton), but other than that, it's just going to be the same thing until they fix their real needs and stop wasting draft picks on upgrading positions that needn't be upgraded.

Even with a little offensive line help, who knows? Maybe, but past history indicates they would rather draft Jay Cutler or DeAngelo Williams and go 6-10.
Except Ralph Wilson fired Donahoe and brought in Levy - who might have a different idea on how to upgrade the current roster, through the FA and through the draft.Basically we do not know what kind of a GM Levy is. Using history as a benchmark for what the organisation will do this year is probably not safe.

Personally I am looking forward to free agency and the draft to see the first signs of Levy at the helm.

FWIW I like that Ralph Wilson broke the mold a bit by firing Donahoe even though that cost him a bundle. It is probably a good sign.

One of my best friends is a Bills fan and since 1992 we've bet every year on something Bills related. It has been my luck not to have lost yet (lots of good wine that has brought me, betting against the Bills). If I were a Bills fan I would be cautiously optimistic that things are looking up. I still think I can find a bet or two I can win over the next couple of years though.

Other than that I agree with your evaluation. Without improvements on the O-Line the Bills will go no where. They also need a solid threat on the other side of Evans - probably a borderline #1 guy. Obviously they need to know if Losman is the guy. They don't have to find out this year though.

the talent is there. I even think Losman has looked decent when he's had time. No offense can be successfull without offering adequate protection and run blocking. I think the Bills are close, but desperately need to upgrade the OL positions this off season

the talent is there. I even think Losman has looked decent when he's had time. No offense can be successfull without offering adequate protection and run blocking. I think the Bills are close, but desperately need to upgrade the OL positions this off season
Exactly right.If Mike Williams (the OL) gets it together, and Peters develops into a decent RT, the line will be improved.

I'm pleased to see this thread, as I own all 3 in one dynaty league and am contemplating trading them all away. McGahee IMO has the most talent out of any RB currently in the NFL not named LT, but has to get his head together. Evans might be the next Steve Smith, but he needs Losman to meet his potential.

It all starts at the line though, and in this case a lot depends on Mike Williams.

they could, but some potential problems are as follows

#1- Losman, who spent 2 years in the Mularkey system, will now be in a new system under 1st time playcaller Steve Fairchild(fairchild was the Offensive coordinator in STL, but martz called the plays). Chances are, it wont run like a well oiled machine.

#2-Levy isnt married to Losman, meaning, they didnt draft him, so if he doesnt outprodce kelly holcomb, Losman will be holding a clipboard

#3-how will Evans do with no moulds, assuming they release him?

I guess the good news is, all 3 should come cheap after last year

Exactly right.If Mike Williams (the OL) gets it together, and Peters develops into a decent RT, the line will be improved.

I'm pleased to see this thread, as I own all 3 in one dynaty league and am contemplating trading them all away. McGahee IMO has the most talent out of any RB currently in the NFL not named LT, but has to get his head together. Evans might be the next Steve Smith, but he needs Losman to meet his potential.

It all starts at the line though, and in this case a lot depends on Mike Williams.
Mike Williams isnt going to get it together though, its been what, 4 years? He is 400 pounds of crap in a 350 pound bag. thats why he is always hurt, he doesnt work to avoid injury. Jason peters? I love the bills, but I cant stand it when people talk up players. If jason peters was playing against the Bills, you would have the opinion that Jason peters blows and that Aaron schobel will have a field day against an undrafted O-linemen.

what about duke preston(trey teague is a goner)? let me guess, he has to develop too.

60% of the line needs to pan out in order for us to begin to see if Losman is any good. The Bills need 1st time play caller steve fairchild to pan out too.

thats a whole lot of panning out if you ask me

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread