What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MEMPHIS BBQFest > 2023 > 1 Month Away - $100,000 budget due to inflation! (4 Viewers)

Okay Pics are finally processing....

These were all taken Wednesday afternoon way before the crowds started showing up....

Courtney tending to the Tucker

Courtney is our head cook. His specialty is sauces. He actually created a custom sauce for our sponsor (Dr Pepper) using their new Cherry Dr Pepper product. It's actually damn good. You can taste the product in there but it's not overpowering... quite tasty.

Anyone want some Frank's Red Hot?

One of our team's specialties is Hot Wings. We consistently finish top 10 and have finished as high as 2nd or 3rd. They are really, really good.

Courtney Loading up the Tucker

Loading up the smoker with some more charcoal. Side bit of trivial, Courtney is a huge SC Gamecocks fan and was their kicker back in his heyday.

Our Tent starrting to take shape

This was as things were getting to be finished with regards to basic setup. Next was cleanup / de-clutter. When done the place needs to be clean and clear of clutter as we'll be packing hundreds of drunk folks in there to eat and drink for the next few days. We still (at this point) had yet to hang tons of sponsor banners around the tent.

Tough to see but one of our upright coolers loaded with various meat... wings, ribs, etc.

Panoramic Image 1 : View from upper deck looking west over MS River

Sorry for the lack of registration, these were taken with my cell and there was a strong glare so I couldn't really see well to line it up. Will get better pics today/tomorrow. This is looking west over the MS River. You can see the two smokestacks from our trailer Smoker.

Panoramic #2 : Slightly more NW in Direction

YOu can see the hernando De Soto bridge (the "M" Bridge) in the background as well as part of the city skyline on the right. Again my apologies for the registration/focus.

Looking off our staircase down Riverside Drive

This shot is looking North off the edge of our trailer down Riverside drive (the road along the mississippi) toward the park entrance and downtown area in general. The park entrance is right at the foot of Beale street. At midnight when they close the park down the party moves to Beale which is LOADED with bars/nightclubs... open containers are allowed on the street (which is closed to traffic), and bars/clubs close at 6am.

When looking at these pics it's important too keep in mind that we are only a FRACTION of the way "into" the park. Maybe 10-15% of the way in. Take all the tents you see there and imagine 10x that many. I'll try to get some pics from above to give you guys an idea of the scale of this thing.

Also... these are all in "ghosttown" phase. The party hasn't even begun...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bonus Pic: Smoked a few slabs at my house yesterday

Did em up memphis-style. Fast cooked (350 degrees for 1.5hrs) over charcoal and hickory. basted with a 50% vinegar / 50% Cider Vinegar mix that had a good bit of the dry rub mixed in. Last few bastings were followed with a light dusting of the dry rub to cake it on a bit. Then finished with a liberal dusting.

They were the best batch I've ever made. Light tug to pull CLEAN from the bone. Meat was still extremely moist and tender. The GF who does not like ribs was all over em...

[icon] said:
Okay Pics are finally processing....

These were all taken Wednesday afternoon way before the crowds started showing up....

Courtney tending to the Tucker

Courtney is our head cook. His specialty is sauces. He actually created a custom sauce for our sponsor (Dr Pepper) using their new Cherry Dr Pepper product. It's actually damn good. You can taste the product in there but it's not overpowering... quite tasty.

One of our team's specialties is Hot Wings. We consistently finish top 10 and have finished as high as 2nd or 3rd. They are really, really good.

Courtney Loading up the Tucker

Loading up the smoker with some more charcoal. Side bit of trivial, Courtney is a huge SC Gamecocks fan and was their kicker back in his heyday.

Our Tent starrting to take shape

This was as things were getting to be finished with regards to basic setup. Next was cleanup / de-clutter. When done the place needs to be clean and clear of clutter as we'll be packing hundreds of drunk folks in there to eat and drink for the next few days. We still (at this point) had yet to hang tons of sponsor banners around the tent.

Tough to see but one of our upright coolers loaded with various meat... wings, ribs, etc.
:) Very cool.

might have inspired me to makes some wings this weekend.

Holy Hell my liver hurts :lmao:

Last night went off in spectacular fashion. DJ was absolutely crushing it. The crowd was digging it. The que was top shelf. Life is good.

Spent the first hour or so there demembraning/trimming about 50 slabs with Courtney, then went on a keg run, then got to settle in with a beer and start socializing. Weather was fantastic (if not a bit warm/muggy) all night except for a short light shower around 10:30pm that only served to send folks scurring back to our booth and to the main tent. Between the light, the DJ, and the God knows how much alcohol we had served, that main tent completely went nuts. Was up on the kitchen deck looking down w/ another teammate and he looked over and said "Now THIS is a ####in party". :lmao: What a night...

Looking down from the upper deck around 6pm

About 6pm the crowds really started picking up. Of note, see the custom cornhole board in play, The pimp looking dude near the gate is our doorman. Been doing it for years. Great guy. Tonight I think he's wearing track pants pulled up to his armpits with some graphic T tucked into it. Awesome :hophead: Sidenote: My girl is somewhere in this photo. [/whereswaldo]

Looking north toward downtown again

This is the crowds starting to come in. posting this to show contrast between the ghosttown shot from earlier. I was bumped while taking it. Cameraphones don't adjust for that well.

Another Panoramic - Sunset over the Mississippi

Again...cameraphone pic so it's not lined up the best or whatever, but you get the idea. The view from our upper deck is flat out stellar. Creates a nice getaway from the throbbing dancefloor down below. From about 8 till 11 the upper deck was mobbed too.

Our DJ, my poker buddy Mike getting set up

Mike is explaining to the two older gentlemen that nobody spins records or even CDs anymore. Haven't in years. It's all Macs run through USB interfaced decks like you see here. Software is called Final scratch. Pretty amazing stuff...

Random Shot of the Day: My two tall buddies.. both 6'7"

Ashley, our bartender

She is a sweetie but damn she goes nuts if you spend too much time back there mixing your own :lmao: She does a good job of lookin cute and gettin drinks into the crowd. She mixes em REAL strong too... typically starts about 50/50 unless you tell her you want it stiff.

back to nighttime - our trailer staircase

Rockin the Slab Yo Mama BBQ banner

Couple ladies taking the swine-flu jello shooters

Was tough to get pics of folks taking these. They went down the hatch pretty quick. I think we've plowed through about 750 of the 1000 already.

DJ at work

This was earlier in the night as things just got dark and started picking up.

Packed Dancefloor

The light is a Double Derby / Twin Derby. Sound activated. Worked out great. This is the primary tent area on the lower level.

Bout to jump in the shower and head back down to the park for our sponsors dinner (hot wings, ribs, shoulder, and a stuffed centercut beef tenderloin. Will get some pics....

Holy Hell my liver hurts :lmao:

Last night went off in spectacular fashion. DJ was absolutely crushing it. The crowd was digging it. The que was top shelf. Life is good.

Spent the first hour or so there demembraning/trimming about 50 slabs with Courtney, then went on a keg run, then got to settle in with a beer and start socializing. Weather was fantastic (if not a bit warm/muggy) all night except for a short light shower around 10:30pm that only served to send folks scurring back to our booth and to the main tent. Between the light, the DJ, and the God knows how much alcohol we had served, that main tent completely went nuts. Was up on the kitchen deck looking down w/ another teammate and he looked over and said "Now THIS is a ####in party". :lmao: What a night...

Looking down from the upper deck around 6pm

About 6pm the crowds really started picking up. Of note, see the custom cornhole board in play, The pimp looking dude near the gate is our doorman. Been doing it for years. Great guy. Tonight I think he's wearing track pants pulled up to his armpits with some graphic T tucked into it. Awesome :rolleyes: Sidenote: My girl is somewhere in this photo. [/whereswaldo]

Looking north toward downtown again

This is the crowds starting to come in. posting this to show contrast between the ghosttown shot from earlier. I was bumped while taking it. Cameraphones don't adjust for that well.

Another Panoramic - Sunset over the Mississippi

Again...cameraphone pic so it's not lined up the best or whatever, but you get the idea. The view from our upper deck is flat out stellar. Creates a nice getaway from the throbbing dancefloor down below. From about 8 till 11 the upper deck was mobbed too.

Our DJ, my poker buddy Mike getting set up

Mike is explaining to the two older gentlemen that nobody spins records or even CDs anymore. Haven't in years. It's all Macs run through USB interfaced decks like you see here. Software is called Final scratch. Pretty amazing stuff...

Random Shot of the Day: My two tall buddies.. both 6'7"

Ashley, our bartender

She is a sweetie but damn she goes nuts if you spend too much time back there mixing your own :lmao: She does a good job of lookin cute and gettin drinks into the crowd. She mixes em REAL strong too... typically starts about 50/50 unless you tell her you want it stiff.

back to nighttime - our trailer staircase

Rockin the Slab Yo Mama BBQ banner

Couple ladies taking the swine-flu jello shooters

Was tough to get pics of folks taking these. They went down the hatch pretty quick. I think we've plowed through about 750 of the 1000 already.

DJ at work

This was earlier in the night as things just got dark and started picking up.

Packed Dancefloor

The light is a Double Derby / Twin Derby. Sound activated. Worked out great. This is the primary tent area on the lower level.

Bout to jump in the shower and head back down to the park for our sponsors dinner (hot wings, ribs, shoulder, and a stuffed centercut beef tenderloin. Will get some pics....
badass. Looks like a ton of fun.

Very cool icon! :rolleyes:

I went a few years ago and was disappointed since I thought it would be more like a taste testing for the general public. Not to say we didn't have a fun time in the city but the event wasn't what I thought it would be.

In your situation it must be an amazing time.

Jamny,

Actually turns out this year they do have a taste testing deal at the "peoples choice tent" (about 4-5 doors down from us). I may walk through and snap some pics if there's interest. Basically you pay 4 bucks and get to sample 4 different team's goods, then pick your favorite. Not sure if it's 4 bones (ribs) or 4 small piles of shoulder. Either way not too bad...

And agreed... the festival is interesting as an unaffiliated observer. It's a absolute ####### blast if you're on the inside of a good tent.

As an aside, I have never in all my years doing this, had the neighboring tents shut down their music to just listen to ours. The DJ we had last night absolutely KILLED it. Chicks were running over from tents as far as 3-4 doors down to make requests. He worked the crowd really well getting claps going and gettin em bouncing and whatnot. Could tell he was having a ####in blast.

Jamny, Actually turns out this year they do have a taste testing deal at the "peoples choice tent" (about 4-5 doors down from us). I may walk through and snap some pics if there's interest. Basically you pay 4 bucks and get to sample 4 different team's goods, then pick your favorite. Not sure if it's 4 bones (ribs) or 4 small piles of shoulder. Either way not too bad... And agreed... the festival is interesting as an unaffiliated observer. It's a absolute ####### blast if you're on the inside of a good tent.
That would've been cool. It was torture going past all of those great tents and having to buy from a cart.

Yeah I can imagine. The average BBQ in these tents is head and shoulders above the Best BBQ joints in most US cities.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you prepare your award winning wings? Do you smoke them?
I can get the basic recipe tonight if you guys like. I know they're fried a bit. I believe they're smoked for a bit beforehand.
Thanks, that would be cool if you would share your recipe. When I cook wings I smoke them around 300 degrees. Obviously for the flavor, but also because they crisp up real nice without having to fry them in oil.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you prepare your award winning wings? Do you smoke them?
I can get the basic recipe tonight if you guys like. I know they're fried a bit. I believe they're smoked for a bit beforehand.
:lmao:

:thumbup:
:shrug: :rolleyes: although I am not much of a fan of wing recipes based off of Franks

On to the last day...

Yesterday/Last Night went pretty well aside from some DJ issues. Guy was a friend of our primary sponsor and he was trying to play House music at a BBQtent. Girls would come up and request stuff to shake their asses to (typically Top 40 or Classic Hip Hop) and he refused to take requests. At one point dude pitched a fit and just hit play on a CD and refused to spin for a bit. Seriously?! :thumbup: Rule #1 as a DJ at a party... your job is to play what the crowd wants to hear. The result is the dancefloor/party didn't get quite the traction it did on Thursday night. It was still a great time and was quite full... just not the madhouse thursday was.

Got there around 11. Spent a couple hours pulling pork and prepping other food (wings/ribs) for the Sponsor Luncheon. After the luncheon (around 3-4pm) the music picked up and cornhole was very popular. Turned in some sauces and the wings. We tried a few new things (Cherry Dr Pepper based sauce for our tomato entry...and a very unique type of wing (it was green.. not sure what the sauce was.. but it was HOT) that netted zero trophies. Interestingly enough the exact same Mustard sauce recipe that took 3rd last year did not earn a trophy this year. Ya never know.

On to the pics.

Prepping food for Sponsor Luncheon

The girl in the front is pulling pork. Courtney in the back is stuffing the centercut beef tenderloin.

Center Cut Beef Tenderloin

Don't recall all the ingredients he used.... Applying the Rub

Sponsor Luncheon

Her first Bloody Mary

Turning in Sauces at the Judging Tent

College of Pig Knowledge

Free seminars all day long on various BBQ related topics from many experts in the field

Inside the judging tent

Weber showing off their Weber Smoky Mountains...including the new 22" model

As an aside... today they sell off their whole display stock for absurd prices... a 600 dollar genesis will go for 200. the small weber smoky mountain will go for 100-125. Our cook Courtney had his name on one of the new big 22" Weber Smoky Mountains for about $170-180.

Giant Weber Kettle :rant:

A BBQ Trailer - Rib Ticklers

A cool chile-themed tent

My lunch plate on friday

Tequila Lime Chicken Wings, Pulled Pork w slaw and a bit of sauce, beans, and couple nacho chips/cheese to take the edge off after the wings.

Saucing and Foiling Ribs

BBQ Chicks

Not sure what they were there to model... the dresses left little to the imagination from behind. :)

Playing Cornhole out in front of our booth.

My neice enjoying her first competition BBQ

CrankyDJ getting set up for the night

Courtney Prepping the Competition Turn-In Ribs while everyone parties behind him

Party picking up as night falls

Different perspective on Cornhole game

I am so jealous icon!!! That looks like a blast!! I love cooking and BBQ'ing and would love to attend or better yet judge a event like that.

You have got quite the setup too. Where do you store all that stuff and does it only get used once a year or is there a 'circuit' you compete in (like nascar)?

Too bad you dont have a web cam hookup, would be sweet watching the party progress. Or better yet a smell cam as Im sure the smells are fantastic.

One more question, what sites would you recommend to follow the action or more importantly gain some knowledge on smoking Q?

Ill hang up now and listen.

I am so jealous icon!!! That looks like a blast!! I love cooking and BBQ'ing and would love to attend or better yet judge a event like that.You have got quite the setup too. Where do you store all that stuff and does it only get used once a year or is there a 'circuit' you compete in (like nascar)? Too bad you dont have a web cam hookup, would be sweet watching the party progress. Or better yet a smell cam as Im sure the smells are fantastic.One more question, what sites would you recommend to follow the action or more importantly gain some knowledge on smoking Q? Ill hang up now and listen.
The Smoke RingThe Barbeque BrethrenThe Q Joint - Jim Minion posts there regularlySmoking Meat ForumsThese are some of the forums I am regularly posting on. The folks on these sites are there for their LOVE of the Que. Lots of great information to be gained.

On to the last day...

Yesterday/Last Night went pretty well aside from some DJ issues. Guy was a friend of our primary sponsor and he was trying to play House music at a BBQtent. Girls would come up and request stuff to shake their asses to (typically Top 40 or Classic Hip Hop) and he refused to take requests. At one point dude pitched a fit and just hit play on a CD and refused to spin for a bit. Seriously?! :confused: Rule #1 as a DJ at a party... your job is to play what the crowd wants to hear. The result is the dancefloor/party didn't get quite the traction it did on Thursday night. It was still a great time and was quite full... just not the madhouse thursday was.

Got there around 11. Spent a couple hours pulling pork and prepping other food (wings/ribs) for the Sponsor Luncheon. After the luncheon (around 3-4pm) the music picked up and cornhole was very popular. Turned in some sauces and the wings. We tried a few new things (Cherry Dr Pepper based sauce for our tomato entry...and a very unique type of wing (it was green.. not sure what the sauce was.. but it was HOT) that netted zero trophies. Interestingly enough the exact same Mustard sauce recipe that took 3rd last year did not earn a trophy this year. Ya never know.

On to the pics.

Prepping food for Sponsor Luncheon

The girl in the front is pulling pork. Courtney in the back is stuffing the centercut beef tenderloin.

Center Cut Beef Tenderloin

Don't recall all the ingredients he used.... Applying the Rub

Sponsor Luncheon

Her first Bloody Mary

Turning in Sauces at the Judging Tent

College of Pig Knowledge

Free seminars all day long on various BBQ related topics from many experts in the field

Inside the judging tent

Weber showing off their Weber Smoky Mountains...including the new 22" model

[b]As an aside... today they sell off their whole display stock for absurd prices... a 600 dollar genesis will go for 200. the small weber smoky mountain will go for 100-125. Our cook Courtney had his name on one of the new big 22" Weber Smoky Mountains for about $170-180.

Giant Weber Kettle :rolleyes:

A BBQ Trailer - Rib Ticklers

A cool chile-themed tent

My lunch plate on friday

Tequila Lime Chicken Wings, Pulled Pork w slaw and a bit of sauce, beans, and couple nacho chips/cheese to take the edge off after the wings.

Saucing and Foiling Ribs

BBQ Chicks

Not sure what they were there to model... the dresses left little to the imagination from behind. ;)

Playing Cornhole out in front of our booth.

My neice enjoying her first competition BBQ

CrankyDJ getting set up for the night

Courtney Prepping the Competition Turn-In Ribs while everyone parties behind him

Party picking up as night falls

Different perspective on Cornhole game
Were those deals available to anyone or just the contestants?

I am so jealous icon!!! That looks like a blast!! I love cooking and BBQ'ing and would love to attend or better yet judge a event like that.

You have got quite the setup too. Where do you store all that stuff and does it only get used once a year or is there a 'circuit' you compete in (like nascar)?

Too bad you dont have a web cam hookup, would be sweet watching the party progress. Or better yet a smell cam as Im sure the smells are fantastic.

One more question, what sites would you recommend to follow the action or more importantly gain some knowledge on smoking Q?

The Smoke RingThe Barbeque Brethren

The Q Joint - Jim Minion posts there regularly

Smoking Meat Forums

These are some of the forums I am regularly posting on. The folks on these sites are there for their LOVE of the Que. Lots of great information to be gained.
What he said. I also like Virtual Weber Bullet for Weber Smoky Mountain specific info. We store the trailer on a farm about 45m out of the city. It is rented out often for other events. We use it in 2-3 events a year... including a tailgating event here in memphis. Out team owns it and makes enough out of rentals to cover ownership costs (legal fees, registration, maintenance) so it works out well.

The guy who's farm it is stored at uses it for a few competitions a year as well. He makes regular modifications to it as well.

We actually looked into a data connection for the tent this year but didn't have time to get everything set up.

We had a Red Bull corporate rep come by a few times and pulled me aside to ask about our team. Basically asked if we were looking to expand next year, then asked if we'd be willing to go double size with 2-3 levels if they absorbed most of the cost. Also looking to bring in big name DJs. Given Red Bull's exhorbitant marketing budget, I'd not be surprised. I've got the guy's card and will be calling him this week.

Duh, forgot about the Virtual Bullet site. It's the first site I logged onto and convinced me to buy my WSM. Thanks for adding that.

The Smoke RingThe Barbeque Brethren

The Q Joint - Jim Minion posts there regularly

Smoking Meat Forums

These are some of the forums I am regularly posting on. The folks on these sites are there for their LOVE of the Que. Lots of great information to be gained.
What he said. I also like Virtual Weber Bullet for Weber Smoky Mountain specific info. We store the trailer on a farm about 45m out of the city. It is rented out often for other events. We use it in 2-3 events a year... including a tailgating event here in memphis. Out team owns it and makes enough out of rentals to cover ownership costs (legal fees, registration, maintenance) so it works out well.

The guy who's farm it is stored at uses it for a few competitions a year as well. He makes regular modifications to it as well.

We actually looked into a data connection for the tent this year but didn't have time to get everything set up.

We had a Red Bull corporate rep come by a few times and pulled me aside to ask about our team. Basically asked if we were looking to expand next year, then asked if we'd be willing to go double size with 2-3 levels if they absorbed most of the cost. Also looking to bring in big name DJs. Given Red Bull's exhorbitant marketing budget, I'd not be surprised. I've got the guy's card and will be calling him this week.
:bow: :bow:

We have a call set up for later this week I think. Waiting to confirm on my buddy Donny's Availability as he spoke with the rep as well.

BUMP

Going to use this to get the 2010 thread rolling. Just booked our hotel rooms for downtown that week. Crowne Plaza in Downtown Memphis yet again this year. Typically $180/night (travelocity). Just locked them down for $72/night on Hotwire. Gotta love it.

This year's event is going to be Thursday May 13th thru Saturday May 15th. Our team will once again be cooking/competing in a variety of classes, as well as throwing a big ol party w/ live DJs and more beer/liquor/food/women than you can shake a stick at.

I have talked with Megla, FBG resident BBQ Guru, about joining up with our squad this year for the festivities and to pitch in around the smoker with some of his considerable BBQ knowledge.

Few details are emerging at this point but just thought I'd throw this out there as a placeholder. IF anyone is coming down/up/over for the event this year, start booking now. Rooms are already going VERY fast. If you want a great room on the cheap, use hotwire.

:thumbup:

BUMPGoing to use this to get the 2010 thread rolling. Just booked our hotel rooms for downtown that week. Crowne Plaza in Downtown Memphis yet again this year. Typically $180/night (travelocity). Just locked them down for $72/night on Hotwire. Gotta love it. This year's event is going to be Thursday May 13th thru Saturday May 15th. Our team will once again be cooking/competing in a variety of classes, as well as throwing a big ol party w/ live DJs and more beer/liquor/food/women than you can shake a stick at. I have talked with Megla, FBG resident BBQ Guru, about joining up with our squad this year for the festivities and to pitch in around the smoker with some of his considerable BBQ knowledge. Few details are emerging at this point but just thought I'd throw this out there as a placeholder. IF anyone is coming down/up/over for the event this year, start booking now. Rooms are already going VERY fast. If you want a great room on the cheap, use hotwire. ;)
:kicksrock: might try to check it out this year...

Bump.

Gorgeous day today. Had to Fire up the smoker for some babybacks. Dayum they're smelling good.

Just got 20 kegs donated for our team, lined up a live DJ for Thursday and Friday nights and are now starting to make arrangements for meat purchase and prepping the trailer. Hotel room is booked for Wed>Sat. Can't wait for one of my favorite weeks of the year. :banned:

Meetings have been locked down for the 2010 Fest now. We're finalizing financing and other details. Entertainment is making a HUGE bump upward this year:

THURSDAY NIGHT:

Badass DJ spinning live 8-Midnight

This guy spun last year on thursday and had the place absolutely going nuts. Chicks dancing on the bar, etc. Girls coming from 2-3 tents down requesting songs. Easily one of the best night's in our team's history.

FRIDAY NIGHT :

4-8pm - Two man Acoustical Jam

We're going to have Patrick Dodd and one of either:

Kirk Smithhart (N Mississippi Allstars / Hill Country Revue) or

Grant Garland (Possibly the best guitarist I've ever seen live).

Looking to have some great blues goin live while the sun sets over the Mighty Mississippi, Beer in hand, BBQ Plate in front of you. Life is good.

8pm - 12am - Badass Live DJ Again (same guy)

We'll have the usual Laid Back Cookout Vibe during the day. Here's our lead cook Being interviewed by Weber talking about their new larger WSM Bullet Smoker.

Krista4 and I will be volunteering as BBQ ambassadors this year. We could very well wind up as your liasons!
I don't even know that that means? :popcorn: You guys are more than welcome to come by the tent though :popcorn:
As I understand it, BBQ ambassadors act as the liasons between the Teams and Memphis in May. We are the dudes to call for clarification of rules, judging times, logistics problems, etc. We are supposed to be your Johnny-on-the-spot go-to dudes. Anyway, that is how I understand it. I've never been there before.

Krista4 and I will be volunteering as BBQ ambassadors this year. We could very well wind up as your liasons!
I don't even know that that means? :lmao: You guys are more than welcome to come by the tent though :goodposting:
As I understand it, BBQ ambassadors act as the liasons between the Teams and Memphis in May. We are the dudes to call for clarification of rules, judging times, logistics problems, etc. We are supposed to be your Johnny-on-the-spot go-to dudes. Anyway, that is how I understand it. I've never been there before.
Right on. We're at R-061. Petition for our section. That way when the tents next to us ##### about the music and point out in the rule books where it says "no live music" you can tell them to #### off for us :thumbup: ;)

Holy ####.

Just got a verbal Commitment from Kirk Smithhart (North Mississippi Allstars / Hill Country Review) to play our BBQfest Tent.

This guy won the Beale Street Blues Society's "Albert King Award" for Best Blues Guitarist at the age of 20 (youngest ever by a longshot)

That might be the highlight of the festival for me...

Holy ####. Just got a verbal Commitment from Kirk Smithhart (North Mississippi Allstars / Hill Country Review) to play our BBQfest Tent. This guy won the Beale Street Blues Society's "Albert King Award" for Best Blues Guitarist at the age of 20 (youngest ever by a longshot)That might be the highlight of the festival for me...
Send me your team name (maybe it's already in the thread--sorry if so). We get our team assignments on April 8, and I don't know if we'll have a choice, but if so I'll try to get OH assigned to your team.

:lol:

Have been several years and it's an absolute blast. Filled the BF in on it today while at some dumpy ribs festival in St. Augustine and he's on board if we can make it work.

I'd say we are sitting at a solid 8% probability at the moment but will look into logistics (flights, hotel) this weekend.

:thumbup:Have been several years and it's an absolute blast. Filled the BF in on it today while at some dumpy ribs festival in St. Augustine and he's on board if we can make it work. I'd say we are sitting at a solid 8% probability at the moment but will look into logistics (flights, hotel) this weekend.
Chez Krista might have one vacancy. :lmao:

:thumbup:Have been several years and it's an absolute blast. Filled the BF in on it today while at some dumpy ribs festival in St. Augustine and he's on board if we can make it work. I'd say we are sitting at a solid 8% probability at the moment but will look into logistics (flights, hotel) this weekend.
Chez Krista might have one vacancy. :X
:coffee: :lmao: :banned:

Users who are viewing this thread