What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: *** Official T.O. thread *** (1 Viewer)

LOL @ any Dallas fan that embraces this move. LOL @ anyone who in their desperation not to suck will make a bargain with the known devil, but particularly so when that devil has already taken a metaphorical dump on you as has Owens on Dallas.
Football is about winning. Plain and simple. Only a fool would pass on one of the best players in the league because of a years-old grudge over him celebrating on your precious star.Owens will be on his best behavior and out to prove something this year. Now, next year is another story. But win now and worry about next year next year.

Owens will be on his best behavior and out to prove something this year. Now, next year is another story. But win now and worry about next year next year.

:goodposting:

I'm very happy for Drew Bledsoe if this turns out to be true. I really like Drew, and hope this is the piece he needs to get to another Superbowl.
:goodposting: Yay for Drew !! He's a class guy. Its become chic to bag on him but he's one of the greats. I've always liked him also.

LOL @ any Dallas fan that embraces this move.  LOL @ anyone who in their desperation not to suck will make a bargain with the known devil, but particularly so when that devil has already taken a metaphorical dump on you as has Owens on Dallas.
Football is about winning. Plain and simple. Only a fool would pass on one of the best players in the league because of a years-old grudge over him celebrating on your precious star.Owens will be on his best behavior and out to prove something this year. Now, next year is another story. But win now and worry about next year next year.
No being a football fan is about believeing in something. Being proud of the history and heritage of ones team and being with them through good times and bad. It is not about selling out tradition to whore oneself to a ####head like Owens. At least it is not for most fans, Cowboy fans I can't speak for as they have always seemed to me anxious to become the Yankees of football. A team that wants to buy tradition rather than to win it on a even playing field. This marriage has been coming ever since they sold out Landry. Just more in a decade and a half of disgrace whose smell can not be covered up by the bought and paid for championships they have gotten.IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the guy's got skills, but the last two teams he was with knew he had skills and still chose to be without him that to put up with his bull####.  I'd love to see the specifics of the deal. 

I'm not much of a Cowboy fan, but I'm definately :popcorn: on this one.
How did that work out in the win column for them?
Yea, SF's record dropped horribly after TO left, but you are assuming that TOs departure is the only contributing factor. You do not take into account injuries, front office, coaching changes, etc.As for Philly, they finished 1st the season before TO got there with a 12-4 record. TO only improved their record by one game to 13-3 his first year. By the time TO was suspended in his second season, they were already 4-3. I wouldn't say that that is an improvement.

LOL @ any Dallas fan that embraces this move.  LOL @ anyone who in their desperation not to suck will make a bargain with the known devil, but particularly so when that devil has already taken a metaphorical dump on you as has Owens on Dallas.
I wonder what Emmitt Smith and George Teague would say about this.

LOL @ any Dallas fan that embraces this move. LOL @ anyone who in their desperation not to suck will make a bargain with the known devil, but particularly so when that devil has already taken a metaphorical dump on you as has Owens on Dallas.
No being a football fan is about believeing in something. Being proud of the history and heritage of ones team and being with them through good times and bad. It is not about selling out tradition to whore oneself to a ####head like Owens. At least it is not for most fans, Cowboy fans I can't speak for as they have always seemed to me anxious to become the Yankees of football. A team that wants to buy tradition rather than to win it on a even playing field. This marriage has been coming ever since they sold out Landry. Just more in a decade and a half of disgrace whose smell can not be covered up by the bought and paid for championships they have gotten.IMO
How do you really feel?It really comes down to two questions.

1. How badly do you want to win now?

2. Do you believe TO can help you win now?

The answer to #2 should be obvious to anyone, as long as "now" = this year.

The answer to #1, for the Cowboys / Parcells should be equally obvious.

How do you really feel?It really comes down to two questions.

1. How badly do you want to win now?

2. Do you believe TO can help you win now?

The answer to #2 should be obvious to anyone, as long as "now" = this year.

The answer to #1, for the Cowboys / Parcells should be equally obvious.
#2 - Make mistake I believe Owens will help Dalas. Not to a Superbowl, but he will help.#1 - I never want to win so badly that I'd whore myself. That Jones and Parcells do is obvious and sickening. Back when the man in the hat was in charge I respected the Cowboys and the tradition they established. Now they are a embarassment.

I think this is perfect for TO. He has a no-nonsense coach who can be your best friend or worst enemy. He won't put up with TO's crap, and TO knows this. I'm quite sure they made it abundantly clear ahead of time, and I'm quite sure this will be worked out in his contract where any slip up will allow Dallas to cut ties with him with little or no trouble.

Overall, if TO behaves, I think he can flourish there in Dallas. They have a decent offense, and TO brings a whole new dimension to that team. Dallas has the Giants and Redskins to contend with and this will help out a lot.

I just find it all ironic and laughable though that he signed there, knowing his past history with Dallas...

I have to say that in the years that I have been on this board I don't know if I have ever seen a more fitting animation.But seriously, all I can say is thank God that Rosenhaus is finally going to get his payday. That man has done nothing but work his butt off for Owens since he signed with him. He got him out of that crappy $49 mil contract, alienated him from the fans, and helped get him what I'm betting is a much worse contract taht will be laden with incentives and low base salary. He has earned every penny of the 10% he's going to take from TO.

Long live the agents!!!

Owens will be on his best behavior and out to prove something this year. Now, next year is another story. But win now and worry about next year next year.

I remember when the Philly fans said the same thing. They also said that having a no nonsense coach and a winning tradition would keep Owens in line. I'm giving TO 6 weeks into next season before he is calling Bledsoe a weak armed, washed up homosexual. If he thinks McNabb sucks then whats he gonna do with Drew.

I'm thinking Parcells, unless he's suddenly had a change of mentality in his old age, will put up with precious little of Owens' BS. Wouldn't it be sweet to see him bench the POS?
Parcels looked pretty worn-out and spent at the end of last season, and I was wondering if he was done. I'm thinking that signing Owens accelerates the process.

He (Parcells) won't put up with TO's crap, and TO knows this.
I don't want to nitpick your post but TO's history is that he really doesn't acknowledge anything but his own wants. "I loves me some me."

I remember when the Philly fans said the same thing. They also said that having a no nonsense coach and a winning tradition would keep Owens in line. I'm giving TO 6 weeks into next season before he is calling Bledsoe a weak armed, washed up homosexual. If he thinks McNabb sucks then whats he gonna do with Drew.
And TO behaved perfectly in his first year, amassing awesome numbers and helping Philly almost win the Superbowl. It wasn't until he felt dissed after coming back early from injury that all his nonsense started. I stand by my prediction that he'll be on his best behavior in year one with the Cowboys. He'll put up great numbers and help the team. Year two, all bets are off. But you're a fool to avoid him in FF this coming year. He has a lot to prove this year.

LOL at the bashing knuckleheads. You cannot compare Parcels to Landry or JJ to Schramm. It's a different time and a different league today. If you want to win you must be willing to play this new game. You are either a risk taker or happy with losing. I say go for it. The advent of the salary cap and free agency changed the team make-up from a year to year basis. You can't win with the same group every year because you can't afford to sign everybody. I bashed TO myself and am concerned as a Dallas fan. BUT...I also think TO is a dangerous threat on the field. I only hope he has learned atleast some humility this past year and that he has had that proverbially moment of clarity. We will see.

Here's the thing.

Anyone who argues or attempts to argue that the addition of Owens in any way, shape or form diminishes the offense of the Cowboys is either a Cowboy hater or doesn't know football. Owens is one of the best WR's in the game and his skills on the field are not the issue. Never has been.

A poster said that Owens will be on his best behavior this year, if only to shut up his critics. To me, I just don't see that happening. I don't think Owens is capable of being on his "best behavior". The guy has issues, very serious issues, IMO.

True, he may start off keeping his mouth shut when he doesn't get the ball as much as he would like, or when someone else catches a TD, or when they run inside the 10 and not throw him the post......I just don't see him as being capable of bottling his emotions and his inborne inability to work and play nice with others.

IMO, it is just a matter of time until he gets frustrated over this or that or starts bad mouthing Bledsoe or Parcells or Jerry Jones or anybody else that you can think of when he doesn't get the ball when and where he wants it.

If I were a Dallas fan, I would have very mixed emotions over this signing. I'd be elated that we got a WR of his caliber. But I truly think that I would be unhappy because I would know that it is only a matter of time until he has a meltdown and divides the locker room, again.

And all this nonsense about the star, get over it!!! What he did before will be long forgotten that first time he takes a 10 yard catch and breaks it for a 80 yard score. That should be the least of your worries if you are a Cowboy fan.

I think TO takes ALOT of pressure off the run and QB IF (big IF) JJ can stay healthy he could put up top 5-10 numbers.

Thoughts?

As a Redskins fan I despise the Cowboys. As a decent human being, I despise TO. All that being the case, I am also a JJ dynasty owner and I hope the TO signing frees him up for big ###

Let me be the first to guess at what TO will do to JJ's value. Being a JJ owner I do think it will allow him to see way less 8 man fronts.... If he can stay healthy and Bill gets him the ball 325.....times plus a few goaline attempts, I will venture to guess 1325 rushing and 9 tds.....

And as my #2 rb I will take it and run.... :thumbup:

Is JJ a certainty to be the #1 guy in Dallas this year? I own him in my league and am very worried about Barber vulturing carries. Barber looked good enough in the times he filled in for Jones last year to cause me concern.

Is Jones "the guy" for Parcells in 2006?

Here's the thing.

Anyone who argues or attempts to argue that the addition of Owens in any way, shape or form diminishes the offense of the Cowboys is either a Cowboy hater or doesn't know football. Owens is one of the best WR's in the game and his skills on the field are not the issue. Never has been.

A poster said that Owens will be on his best behavior this year, if only to shut up his critics. To me, I just don't see that happening. I don't think Owens is capable of being on his "best behavior". The guy has issues, very serious issues, IMO.

True, he may start off keeping his mouth shut when he doesn't get the ball as much as he would like, or when someone else catches a TD, or when they run inside the 10 and not throw him the post......I just don't see him as being capable of bottling his emotions and his inborne inability to work and play nice with others.

IMO, it is just a matter of time until he gets frustrated over this or that or starts bad mouthing Bledsoe or Parcells or Jerry Jones or anybody else that you can think of when he doesn't get the ball when and where he wants it.

If I were a Dallas fan, I would have very mixed emotions over this signing. I'd be elated that we got a WR of his caliber. But I truly think that I would be unhappy because I would know that it is only a matter of time until he has a meltdown and divides the locker room, again.

And all this nonsense about the star, get over it!!! What he did before will be long forgotten that first time he takes a 10 yard catch and breaks it for a 80 yard score. That should be the least of your worries if you are a Cowboy fan.
:thumbup: Excellent Posting. I am not a C-Boys fan but I would agree this is an excellent move to the future of this team.Cowboys I believe barring any QB injury are a lock for the playoffs.

As a Cowboys fan since birth, I completely disagree with you. I also have no idea what you're talking about regarding buying tradition. First, it's impossible in the salary cap era. Second, I believe that this is the second high profile free agent signing in the history of the franchise, and they'd already been to seven Super Bowls and won four before Deion.

I see JJ and Barber III as sharing time in the backfield. Barber really developed a nose for the goalline and I don't see that changing as Parcells LOVES that ability.

I see JJ around 1200-1300 total yards and maybe 5 TDs while Barber III adds on about 600 total yards and 8-10 TDs.

I see TO as a big part of opening things up to allow the above.

If TO becomes a Cowboy... that poor SOB is gonna have to roll into the Linc in one of those Pope-mobiles for that first Cowboys home game.  It's gonna be an ugly scene man.
Doubtful. Most fans are smart enough to realize that he's a better receiver than Patrick Crayton.
He's obviously a better WR than Patrick Crayton. What's that have to do with Eagles fans being fired up when TO comes to the Linc?He single-handedly derailed the 2005 season. People can argue injuries all they want... but TO was the catalyst for their sorry season. Eagle fans know this. Had to watch the lunatic on local news night after night, talking trash, smiling and giving a big middle finger to city and organization.

So my point is... Philly hates Dallas as it is. TO strutting in next year on a Sunday afternoon in Dallas blue and silver is not gonna be preyty. Expect about twice the secuirty to be in place.

If TO becomes a Cowboy... that poor SOB is gonna have to roll into the Linc in one of those Pope-mobiles for that first Cowboys home game.  It's gonna be an ugly scene man.
Doubtful. Most fans are smart enough to realize that he's a better receiver than Patrick Crayton.
He's obviously a better WR than Patrick Crayton. What's that have to do with Eagles fans being fired up when TO comes to the Linc?
it's because you said the first cowboys home game, which to a cowboys fan means in dallas... he obviously missed the linc part. :whistle:

Embarrassed to be a Cowboy fan right now.

This is to my Cowboy bretheren...

Do you guys honestly understand what you're so happy about right now? He's going to have a nice year next year, no doubt. It's the following year and the seasons that follow that that I'm worried about. Have you lost your minds about this guy? Have you forgotten--nevermind forgiven--so quickly? He's nothing but a cancer. Everywhere he's been. Even where he hasn't been (see Baltimore). He's a mess.

IMO, we take our lumps and grudgingly accept this ingrate onto our team. As fans, we really have no choice. But, just understand this: He will ruin us in the end. It's that simple. We have enough data points to understand this. And, unless we make/win the SB next year (which we won't), this is a terrible signing that will come back to haunt us.

Please stop embarrasing yourselves with all the high-fiving here. This is nothing to celebrate.
:sleep: Yes it is. T.O.'s a punk, but he'll make our team better. Go start your own "Gee, I hope we can go 10-6 next season" thread.

I don't believe he really has "serious issues". Everything he does is calculated. It's about fame, notoriety and money. Period. He does everything to achieve an end, be it a contract renegotiation or forcing a trade. He manipulates the media into creating a circus over his every move. He intentionally causes distractions on the team ONLY when it suits his goals. Everything is planned and staged. And this coming year he will be out to put up huge numbers, prove his detractors wrong and win. And hopefully he can stick it to the Eagles while he's at it.

As a Cowboys fan since birth, I completely disagree with you. I also have no idea what you're talking about regarding buying tradition. First, it's impossible in the salary cap era. Second, I believe that this is the second high profile free agent signing in the history of the franchise, and they'd already been to seven Super Bowls and won four before Deion.
:goodposting: I thought the same thing you did when I read that post. You can't buy anything in the nfl anymore. (if you could I do think Jones would buy it) Aikman, Irvin and Emmitt were all drafted by the cowboys. IMHO Charles Haley was a high profile free agent and he really turned our defense into a superbowl caliber defense.

Here is to the good ole days. :banned: :banned: :banned:

from that press conference, this thing is going to be a disaster. TO wouldn't budge a bit. and JJ was walking on egg shells refusing to say it was a risky decision. let's see if parcells can work his magic.

Dallas fans 2006 = Eagles fans 2004.

We were all saying the exact same things about TO and the Niners that you are saying about TO and the Eagles, and how his talent is worth the risk and he learned his lesson and really means it this time.

I was the first to get in line for "I told you so's" by Niner fans. We'll see if the 'Boys fans do the same ;)

As a 'Skins fan I'd say that this immediately upgrades a shaky offense, though the Cowboys still have to upgrade about two o-line positions to contend into the playoffs. They're certainly a playoff-caliber team, however I stand by my statement that any of the possible combinations of standings in the NFC East is feasible at year's end.

I'd also say that the risk here is very high that TO will ultimately undermine what they are trying to build there - I can forsee a situation two years from now where TO's being run out of town like he was in Philly, Parcells is retiring, and the team is falling apart with minimal talent on offense.

As I said when TO signed with the Eagles two years ago, when you lay down with dogs you get fleas. TO's got a lot of fleas.

better to risk winning a super bowl then not risk anything at all. also, it;s reported 3yrs for $25mil.

For 2006, this will be a great move for Dallas.

TO knows he is damaged goods right now, so he'll be a choirboy this year. He'll show up on time and say all the right things. He'll score his usual 12 TDs and pat Bledsoe on the backside when there's a bad throw.

He'll then, either hold out in 2007, or start whining to the media about how bad Bledsoe is.

A leopard cannot change it's spots. TO was a top three NFL receiver when San Francisco didn't want him anymore, and he was a top receiver when Philly didn't want him around. This is not a coincidence.

Enjoy 2006, Cowboy fans. Just get ready for the fallout.

better to risk winning a super bowl then not risk anything at all. also, it;s reported 3yrs for $25mil.
of course the guaranteed portion is the most important # here

I never want to win so badly that I'd whore myself. That Jones and Parcells do is obvious and sickening. Back when the man in the hat was in charge I respected the Cowboys and the tradition they established. Now they are a embarassment.
Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things I won't do to win, cheat, lie, steal, I try to maintain a high standard of ethics.But, is signing a loud mouth, who IIRC hasn't committed any crimes, really "whoring yourself"?

He'll probably have 300 yds and 5 tds against the Eagles alone...if those games are on prime time it may be double that :banned:
if? week 2 at the latest

I see JJ and Barber III as sharing time in the backfield. Barber really developed a nose for the goalline and I don't see that changing as Parcells LOVES that ability.

I see JJ around 1200-1300 total yards and maybe 5 TDs while Barber III adds on about 600 total yards and 8-10 TDs.

I see TO as a big part of opening things up to allow the above.
Guys i cant understand what is the deal with Barber .Julius is no small Rb he can get in from short yardage .

Last year he got injured and then took a while getting back into shape ( that is the only reason Barber got the goal line touches )

But a J.J healthy doenst need anyone for short yardag the guy can do it all.

Bledsoe will be crying by the third game!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
And yet you post the following on your "blog"......Dallas is now an automatic Super Bowl favorite for the 2006 season. Owens improves not only the offense here, but his going up against a (at times) suspect secondary every day in practice will do nothing but help the D in Big D. All other NFL offseason

signings pale in comparison to this one. TO is the only player on the market with the capability to add 5 wins to any team he

goes to.

Bump Dallas QB Drew Bledsoe up to a #1 QB in all your Fantasy Football Leagues now. He could push 30 touchdown passes

with Owens, Terry Glenn and Jason Witten.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread