What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#metoo Movement (4 Viewers)

Tough but fair.

But I suppose if you’re like Trump andhabe been publicly accused of sexual assault by 19 different women, bragged about it to a national TV reporter, has cheated on all three of his wives, and has sexual harassment settlements protected by sealed court documents, it’s probably best if he outsourced parenting the five children he’s had with three different women.
In some cases that probably was for the best.

In others ... well ...

Eric and Don Jr.

It was two confirmed cases and more forthcoming for the LEADER of the #metoo movement in California.  
Now you're just lying. The allegations against Garcia are no more "confirmed" than those against Trump.  In fact that article describes them as "allegations."

Why do you assume that allegations of two men against Garcia are true, but refuse to even discuss the allegations of 19 women against Trump? Do you not know that the central purpose of the #metoo movement you claim to be supporting in this thread is to empower victims of sexual assault and harassment to speak up and be believed?

And while we're at it you still haven't really answered my previous questions:

Why do you support Trump despite (hopefully not because of) his well-documented lifetime of misogyny, the 19 women who have alleged that he sexually assaulted him, the countless more who have been harassed or improperly objectified by him in a professional setting, and the fact that his White House appears to welcome, attract and protect men who beat up women? Do you think that sends the right message to women who feel like society disregards their allegations and concerns and treats them like second-class citizens?
TIA

Why didn't you demand proof before you decided that the allegations against Christina Garcia were worthy of discussion? 

If you're going to enable abusers and harassers by assuming victims are lying and people who are accused are telling the truth even if the described misconduct fits perfectly with a lifetime of misogyny as well as the accused person's own words in describing encounters with women, thus mocking the #metoo movement you claim is the subject of your thread, at least be consistent about it.
I am as disappointed as you that Ms. Garcia let us all down. 

And people don't think Trump should be included in a discussion about the MeToo movement. 
There are people who think all sorts of things out there. With 7.5 billion people in this world, that's not too surprising. What I do find a little surprising is people who willingly go back and forth with people who think in such a way. Maybe it's just a form of entertainment that I don't understand.

I am as disappointed as you that Ms. Garcia let us all down. 
Glad we're on the same side there.

I wish you were also as disappointed as I am that tens of millions of Americans support a President with a well-documented lifetime of misogyny, who is alleged to have sexually assaulted 19 women, who has subjected countless more to harassment and objectification in a professional setting, and whose White House appears to welcome, attract and protect men who beat up women. But I guess consistency and basic human decency aren't for everyone.

Now you're just lying. The allegations against Garcia are no more "confirmed" than those against Trump.  In fact that article describes them as "allegations."

Why do you assume that allegations of two men against Garcia are true, but refuse to even discuss the allegations of 19 women against Trump? Do you not know that the central purpose of the #metoo movement you claim to be supporting in this thread is to empower victims of sexual assault and harassment to speak up and be believed?

And while we're at it you still haven't really answered my previous questions:

TIA
I support Trump because he has the best vision for America.  He is our best hope for real change.  Is he a flawed man?  Yes. We all are. I also think much of the negativity is media and left fueled because he threatens the status quo for the first time in generations.  That scares people. 

He’s been a billionaire playboy.  Are there situations where he misread signals and overstepped? Are there people that have tried to extort him over the years?  Probably both.  

There are people who think all sorts of things out there. With 7.5 billion people in this world, that's not too surprising. What I do find a little surprising is people who willingly go back and forth with people who think in such a way. Maybe it's just a form of entertainment that I don't understand.
KD is not a real person who actually thinks like this. Or maybe he is, I dunno.  It doesn't matter. He's an avatar who lets those of us who don't come across people who really do think like this in the real world say the things we want to say to those people.  It's kind of therapeutic, to be honest. I appreciate his service.

I support Trump because he has the best vision for America.  He is our best hope for real change.  Is he a flawed man?  Yes. We all are. I also think much of the negativity is media and left fueled because he threatens the status quo for the first time in generations.  That scares people. 

He’s been a billionaire playboy.  Are there situations where he misread signals and overstepped? Are there people that have tried to extort him over the years?  Probably both.  
And a billionaire unfaithful husband, see most recently Stormy Daniels.

KD is not a real person who actually thinks like this. Or maybe he is, I dunno.  It doesn't matter. He's an avatar who lets those of us who don't come across people who really do think like this in the real world say the things we want to say to those people.  It's kind of therapeutic, to be honest. I appreciate his service.
Hopefully I have kept you from punching a wall.  

He’s just another Republican shill. 

His elite troll skills, gall, and an immaturity unseen in a person in his position is what drives the negativity. 

Agreed he’s flawed in a most unique way. How he’s attained such success with his shortcomings is truly amazing. Will never see it again in my lifetime.

Proof?   
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/01/31/stormy-daniels-is-now-denying-her-affair-with-trump-heres-how-shes-confirmed-it-before/?utm_term=.013f3b4ac02e

Stormy Daniels is now denying her affair with Trump. Here's how she's confirmed it before.

It was another bewildering chapter in the Stormy Daniels saga that has been unfurling ever since — deep breath — the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that she received a $130,000 settlement just before the 2016 presidential election to remain silent about an alleged affair with Trump a decade earlier. Following that report, which the White House dismissed and a Trump attorney denied, Daniels’s story has been fitfully told in old interviews suddenly made public, outright denials, coy acknowledgments and a publicity tour.

Now that we’ve entered the realm of denials being denied, it seems worth revisiting everything Daniels has said over the years to interviewers, associates and the public about her relationship with the man who now sits in the Oval Office. [...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/01/31/stormy-daniels-is-now-denying-her-affair-with-trump-heres-how-shes-confirmed-it-before/?utm_term=.013f3b4ac02e

Stormy Daniels is now denying her affair with Trump. Here's how she's confirmed it before.

It was another bewildering chapter in the Stormy Daniels saga that has been unfurling ever since — deep breath — the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this month that she received a $130,000 settlement just before the 2016 presidential election to remain silent about an alleged affair with Trump a decade earlier. Following that report, which the White House dismissed and a Trump attorney denied, Daniels’s story has been fitfully told in old interviews suddenly made public, outright denials, coy acknowledgments and a publicity tour.

Now that we’ve entered the realm of denials being denied, it seems worth revisiting everything Daniels has said over the years to interviewers, associates and the public about her relationship with the man who now sits in the Oval Office. [...]
She’ll be cashing those checks from Donald for at least the next few years. He’s her Golden Goose. 

So you are quoting a well known anti-Trump propaganda source that is telling you to disregard the denials of Stormy Daniels because they know her affair was real?   :lmao:

ok. Excuse me.   :lmao: :lmao:

just stop.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So you are quoting a well known anti-Trump propaganda source that is telling you to disregard the denials of Stormy Daniels because they know her affair was real?
They quote The Wall Street Journal. Since when has WSJ been considered a well known anti-Trump propaganda source? And they give very detailed examples if you bothered to actually read the link (which you obviously didn't).

They quote The Wall Street Journal. Since when has WSJ been considered a well known anti-Trump propaganda source? And they give very detailed examples if you bothered to actually read the link (which you obviously didn't).
You lost me at Washington Post.  I don’t need those cookies on my phone.  

You lost me at Washington Post.  I don’t need those cookies on my phone.  
Then I suggest you find the Wall Street Journal piece they extensively quote, it should be found with a simple Google search and won't have the WaPo cooties you are afraid of from reading something that disputes your misinformation regarding the Stormy Daniels well documented $130,000 settlement.

He accepted Porter’s resignation.  His response was very diplomatic.  Did you want Porter to face the gas chamber?
No, I want a president who condemns wife beaters and keeps them out of his White House instead of acting like it's just a bad break and wishing them the best.

I also want a president who cares about due process and the presumption of innocence before demanding the death penalty for innocent minority teenagers who turned out to be innocent instead of just for his white co-worker who clearly beat his wives.

Last edited by a moderator:
If proven, they would.  However in many cases it has been decades and most came forward around the election.  
You say "alleged" but you started this thread based on an alleged sexual assault on a man.  I believe his story and have no reason to doubt him.  Help me understand why you believe this instance is proven whereas the nearly 20 accusations against Trump are not.  

No, I want a president who condemns wife beaters and keeps them out of his White House instead of acting like it's just a bad break and wishing them the best.

I also want a president who cares about due process and the presumption of innocence before demanding the death penalty for innocent minority teenagers who turned out to be innocent instead of just for his white co-worker who clearly beat his wives.
You would think if he carried about Hope Hicks as much as he did Rihanna 

If @rihanna is dating @chrisbrown again then she has a death wish. A beater is always a beater--just watch!

he wouldn't be saying.

Rob Porter "says he's innocent and I think you have to remember that ... we absolutely wish him well."

He accepted Porter’s resignation.  His response was very diplomatic.  Did you want Porter to face the gas chamber?
Interesting how he had a similar response to Roy Moore's accusations:

“He says it didn’t happen,” the president told reporters at the White House.

And Bill O'Reilly:

Donald J. Trump praised Mr. O’Reilly as “a good person” and declared, “I don’t think Bill did anything wrong,” days after The New York Times reported that five women had received settlements after making harassment claims against him.

But when it was Al Franken:

“The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words,”

Interesting how when it's a Republican committing domestic abuse/sexual abuse/sexual assault, etc, we have to believe the abuser, but when it's a Democrat, we automatically have to do the opposite.

Maybe our POtuS should make his decisions based on upon valid moral, ethical bases, and not upon the letter next to the abuser's name?

You say "alleged" but you started this thread based on an alleged sexual assault on a man.  I believe his story and have no reason to doubt him.  Help me understand why you believe this instance is proven whereas the nearly 20 accusations against Trump are not.  
I'm sure there is a well thought out and logical explanation for this.  I'm sure of it.

I support every person who's been sexually assaulted and would love to see harsher penalties for those hurting other people that way.

Gotta be careful though and not get into a pattern of everyone guilty who is accused. It makes a very tough, delicate line to walk but that always has to be considered too.

I support every person who's been sexually assaulted and would love to see harsher penalties for those hurting other people that way.

Gotta be careful though and not get into a pattern of everyone guilty who is accused. It makes a very tough, delicate line to walk but that always has to be considered too.
Translation: Must be careful labeling Trump as guilty, but all the other accused are confirmed and proven.

Come on now.  1989? I think our previous President was admittedly experimenting with cocaine about that time?  Does outrage have a statute of limitations in some cases?  

Come on now.  1989? I think our previous President was admittedly experimenting with cocaine about that time?  Does outrage have a statute of limitations in some cases?  
I don't forgive full age ads taken out by middle-aged men demanding that the state execute innocent people quite as quickly as I forgive the youthful enjoyment of awesome drugs. But maybe that's just me.

Anyway it doesn't really matter, because 1989 is not the last time he spoke on the subject. He doubled down on it in 2014, after they were exonerated, in an op-ed in which he basically said that they didn't deserve a settlement for the long-term false imprisonment he had pushed so hard for because "they do not exactly have the pasts of angels."  He then tripled down on it in 2016 when asked about it a month before the election. Here's a brief history of the whole saga.

How many of the 19 women we currently know of who accuse Trump of sexually assaulting them need to be telling the truth for you to believe them?  How many of the stories need to be true to reconsider whether Trump is capable of running the country or not?

Users who are viewing this thread