What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#metoo Movement (1 Viewer)

All sources point to the Washington Post.  The fact that I don’t fall hook line and sinker for their fake scandal de jour does not make me  or any other supporter of our President condone alleged sexual assault  i don’t immediately start yelling at clouds, I wait for the facts  

On a side note how do the moderators around here allow this crap?
I think the original story actually came from Ronan Farrow and was published by The New Yorker.

You deny or ignore over a dozen credible accusations of sexual assault that match Trump's own recorded admissions about his behavior around women, and dozens if not hundreds more credible accusations and documented examples of sexual harassment and public misogyny. That is what makes you, and every other supporter of the President, people who condone sexual assault, sexual harassment and grotesque misogyny.  He did those things, and you decided you didn't care about them enough to end your support, which means you condone them.

That's an accurate statement that has been demonstrated clearly and exhaustively here and elsewhere. And the fact that you refer to a 100% accurate statement about you and other Trump supporters as "crap" should probably tell you something, too.

That is what makes you, and every other supporter of the President, people who condone sexual assault, sexual harassment and grotesque misogyny
Wrong.  And this statement is what I refer to as crap.

Some people get the boot for making general statements about a group of people.   

All sources point to the Washington Post.  The fact that I don’t fall hook line and sinker for their fake scandal de jour does not make me  or any other supporter of our President condone alleged sexual assault  i don’t immediately start yelling at clouds, I wait for the facts  

On a side note how do the moderators around here allow this crap?
Link

Wrong.  And this statement is what I refer to as crap.

Some people get the boot for making general statements about a group of people.   
From the link to the dictionary I provided earlier:

Definition of condone:  to regard or treat (something bad or blameworthy) as acceptable, forgivable, or harmless

Although English speakers sometimes use "condone" with the intended meaning "approve of" or "encourage," the more established meaning is closer to "pardon" or "overlook."
Doesn't that accurately describe what you and other Trump supporters have done with the very credible accusations of Trump's numerous sexual assaults, as well as the many well-documented examples of his sexual harassment and proud public misogyny?

I won't get booted- or at least I don't deserve to get booted- because my statement was 100% factual.  Trump supporters, by definition, condone things that Trump has done, which clearly includes sexual assault, sexual harassment and grotesque public misogyny.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the link to the dictionary I provided earlier:

Doesn't that accurately describe what you and other Trump supporters have done with the very credible accusations of Trump's numerous sexual assaults, as well as the many well-documented examples of his sexual harassment and proud public misogyny?
No. You left out a very key word.  Alleged.   

People posting links to Breitbart? I dont know. Its permaban material imo.
When a respected CBS reporter calls them a credible voice, who can argue.  Buzzfeed is allowed. 
Are you talking about Lara Logan? The same Lara Logan who was vilified by the right after she got caught reporting a false story about Benghazi in 2013, and was subsequently suspended for 6 months (which was a virtually unprecedented punishment by CBS)? That Lara Logan?

No. You left out a very key word.  Alleged.   
No, I didn't. Alleged is something people say to hedge their bets with respect to legal matters. I'm certain Trump has sexually assaulted most of not all of the women who have alleged it, and I'm entitled to apply common sense here. Especially I see overwhelming evidence and a broad admission of the behavior in question on one side, and a loudmouthed denial by an assailant whose lying is well-documented and who wouldn't stand behind in litigation (Trump hasn't asserted the "truth as a defense" argument in the Summer Zervos case, having claimed instead that he was entitled to falsely claim she was lying because it was political speech) on the other.

And as for the frequent sexual harassment and misogyny- that's well-documented on video and in writing, and to my knowledge Trump hasn't denied a word of it. And you condone it if you support him, by definition.

He's been doing this schtick for at least three years.  I remember  :lmao:  at him using this schtick in 2016 to try to convince people to vote for his candidate.
Yet Hillary bullied and buried any female that brought up allegations against her husband.  THAT’S who you had to vote for if you weren’t in favor of misogyny, sexual harassment and abusing women.  Weird place.  

Washington Post.   :sleep:   I’ll wait for an unbiased media outlet to report on this.   
>>One of Johnson’s lawyers, Hassan Zavareei, said that at the time of the radio interview, she was bound by a nondisclosure agreement and was “saying what she thought Trump and his supporters wanted.”

“She was under an oppressive NDA that prevents her from saying anything negative about the president,” he said. “She was also trying to move on with her life and had an application for a job with the embassy in Portugal pending.”<<

- You don’t need WaPo to tell you these NDAs exist for everyone who has worked for Trump. In the business world, in his sexual side affairs, in the campaign, and in the presidency, Trump has used them everywhere. It gives him the feeling he can act with impugnity.And what he does is threaten to financially crush anyone who speaks about him or against him. 

The alleged behavior is consistent with Trump, the NDA is consistent with Trump, and the threats are consistent with Trump.  I’d agree it needs to be proved but none of this sounds biased, and anyway it’s just a recap of the lawsuit.

And then you'll ignore it, just like you ignore all the other reports of Trump's sexual assault, harassment or grotesque misogyny.  Because you condone sexual assault, harassment and grotesque misogyny. That's who you are, and that's who every other Trump supporter is.

Go ahead, prove me wrong.
You're wasting your energy on a lost cause.

Yet Hillary bullied and buried any female that brought up allegations against her husband.  THAT’S who you had to vote for if you weren’t in favor of misogyny, sexual harassment and abusing women.  Weird place.  
Correct.  If I supported Clinton, which I did, I also condoned whatever Clinton did in response to the women who made allegations against her husband.

Now you’re getting it!  Except for the part where what you condone is a million times worse, of course. You still seem to be struggling with that part.

Ellison is out of the DNC, he's a Minnesota state official now. I'm not up on my Minnesota state politics enough to know how the state Dem leadership is dealing with him.

I honestly didn't know how Alvarez was until I googled it.  After doing so I learned that he was quickly encouraged to resign but that it took about six months to actually happen, which is apparently the source of a scandal in Jersey?  Anyway he was just a staffer and he was forced out. Are the Dems calling for some GOP staffer to be removed and the GOP is dragging their feet for 6 months?

Regarding Kavanaugh- the problems with him went well beyond the accusation itself, of course. His lies about it, his lies about other things, his angry diatribe in front of the Senate during which he said the Ford allegations were an act of revenge for his attacks on the Clintons and promised Dems that "what comes around goes around," his refusal to call for an investigation (in contrast an actually wrongfully accused Bob Mueller quietly referred the allegations to the FBI), the Republicans who didn't even have the courage to confront Ford themselves but then dismissed their hired gun so they could act indignant without looking insensitive, the eventual sham investigation designed to give Jeff Flake and Susan Collins political cover, the fact that he was up for a massively important lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court rather than running for Minnesota AG or serving on someone's staff. The differences should be obvious.

To that point- still waiting for a comparison between two similar act/actors where liberals/the Dems were hypocritical, similar to the Weinstein/Wynn comparison I made and the countless others that I think we all know I could give for conservatives.

He was forced out of his position as deputy chairman of the DNC.
 this is good info guys, I missed him being out... of course he still rode through the election but you'll take whatever progress you can get.

In a similar sense, speculation is, Alvarez was retained for the belief he'd deliver an overwhelming vote in his district for Murphy, who was going to waltz to election anyway.   Strangely, Christies undoing, was due to, again according to popular theory, a need to not only win reelection but spike the football with a landslide.  Chrisite basically paid for it with his career, and not unfairly, yet Murphy, has so far been somewhat teflon.  In the alvarez case, he was retained through the election despite the complaint being lodged by the accuser in May (if memory serves).  Murphy, the billionaire progressive, is very light on answers to this issue.

Kavanagh comported himself like an absolute loon, he gets no quarter here and I can acknowledge there is a difference in levels of function, but I'd imagine there is some level of standard where we apply the high mindedness and elevated standard of conduct when you push something as short sighted and risky as #believeallwomen as a mantra because sometimes women do lie.

I'll read back for the wynn Weinstein stuff, 

Correct.  If I supported Clinton, which I did, I also condoned whatever Clinton did in response to the women who made allegations against her husband.

Now you’re getting it!  Except for the part where what you condone is a million times worse, of course. You still seem to be struggling with that part.
Keep telling yourself that, I’m sure it makes you feel better about yourself.  
These types of posts reveal the true beliefs of Trump supporters. When you equivocate "defending your family" with "sexual assault", you are telling the world that you devalue sexual assault claims and that you only pretend to care about victims when you can exploit them to score political points.

These types of posts reveal the true beliefs of Trump supporters. When you equivocate "defending your family" with "sexual assault", you are telling the world that you devalue sexual assault claims and that you only pretend to care about victims when you can exploit them to score political points.
Destroying someone’s life is defending your family.   Unbelievable.  

this is good info guys, I missed him being out... of course he still rode through the election but you'll take whatever progress you can get.

In a similar sense, speculation is, Alvarez was retained for the belief he'd deliver an overwhelming vote in his district for Murphy, who was going to waltz to election anyway.   Strangely, Christies undoing, was due to, again according to popular theory, a need to not only win reelection but spike the football with a landslide.  Chrisite basically paid for it with his career, and not unfairly, yet Murphy, has so far been somewhat teflon.  In the alvarez case, he was retained through the election despite the complaint being lodged by the accuser in May (if memory serves).  Murphy, the billionaire progressive, is very light on answers to this issue.

Kavanagh comported himself like an absolute loon, he gets no quarter here and I can acknowledge there is a difference in levels of function, but I'd imagine there is some level of standard where we apply the high mindedness and elevated standard of conduct when you push something as short sighted and risky as #believeallwomen as a mantra because sometimes women do lie.

I'll read back for the wynn Weinstein stuff, 
Of course they do.  It just showed up in that woman trying to say her house was vandalized by BLM.  Point is, it's safe to assume initially that they are telling the truth.  Most are and deserve the benefit of the doubt.  If they turn out to be liars, so be it.  Move on and admit you were wrong.  No big deal.  What is a big deal is the victim blaming that occurs in almost all these situations by the :hophead:    It's absurd.

https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2018/f181204.pdf

The OIG investigation substantiated that the senior DOJ official (1) sexually harassed one subordinate when he pressured her into a sexual relationship with him in exchange for a promotion; (2) sexually harassed another subordinate when he made repeated verbal sexual advances to her and ultimately sexually assaulted her; and (3) sexually harassed two other subordinates by engaging in sexually inappropriate conduct toward them. The OIG concluded that the senior DOJ official’s actions constituted ethical misconduct, sexual harassment, and sexual assault, all in violation of law, federal regulations, and DOJ policy.
Criminal prosecution declined

WTF?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-26/emma-thompson-blasts-studio-for-hiring-disgraced-ex-pixar-leader?utm_source=twitter&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_medium=social

Emma Thompson Blasts Studio for Hiring Disgraced Ex-Pixar Leader

Actress Emma Thompson detailed her reasons for leaving the cast of a Skydance Animation film in protest at its hiring of former Pixar executive John Lasseter, in a scathing letter that’s one of the most prominent outcries of Hollywood’s #MeToo era.

“If a man has been touching women inappropriately for decades, why would a woman want to work for him if the only reason he’s not touching them inappropriately now is that it says in his contract that he must behave ‘professionally’?” Thompson wrote in the letter, published Tuesday in the Los Angeles Times with her permission. (copy of letter at above link).

Lasseter, a longtime senior executive at Walt Disney Co.’s Pixar animation studio, was dismissed last year following complaints of inappropriate touching. Skydance Media, led by David Ellison, the son of Oracle Corp. billionaire Larry Ellison, hired Lasseter last month to lead its animation division. The company said it had vetted him extensively and the executive had “taken ownership of his behavior.”

Two-time Academy Award winner Thompson, who had been cast in Skydance’s coming animated feature “Luck,” started talking about leaving the production as soon as Lasseter’s hiring was announced, according to the Times. She withdrew from the film Jan. 20 and sent the letter three days later, the paper said.

“If John Lasseter started his own company, then every employee would have been given the opportunity to choose whether or not to give him a second chance,” Thompson wrote. “But any Skydance employees who don’t want to give him a second chance have to stay and be uncomfortable or lose their jobs. Shouldn’t it be John Lasseter who has to lose HIS job if the employees don’t want to give him a second chance?”

Skydance representatives declined to comment to the Times about the letter. Bloomberg News couldn’t immediately reach a representative for Lasseter.

Lasseter is one of hundreds of high-profile people publicly accused of sexual harassment or misconduct since late 2017.

The only time the #metoo movement gets all excited and protests is when it is to defeat Conservatives/GOP.
Joe Biden might disagree. The lead off story every hour on MSNBC this morning has been the allegations by Lucy Flores of his inappropriate touching and kissing.

It appears that the claim that the #MeToo movement was dead was a bit premature.

Joe Biden might disagree. The lead off story every hour on MSNBC this morning has been the allegations by Lucy Flores of his inappropriate touching and kissing.

It appears that the claim that the #MeToo movement was dead was a bit premature.
Nah, I think this is a perfect example of why its dead.  If its to this point that they are just accusing guys of being creepy old men then its on its death knell

People on both sides want Uncle Joe out of the race.  Not surprised that this would rear its head. 

What the heck are you talking about...what the Joe Biden sexual assault allegation shows is not only is the movement dead, it has been cremated and flushed down the toilet.  The lack of media asking Biden about it, the burying of the story, the attacks on the victim is so disgustingly hypocritical.  

Bill Clinton made it possible to nominate Donald Trump.

Donald Trump made it possible to bring back Bill Clinton.

Both sides have to live with what they've justified.
Nice deflection. Dems are the masters at that. 
:lol:

I'm a Republican, born and raised.

I hate Bill Clinton. But there's zero doubt that his mere existence made my party think that it was OK to nominate a guy like Trump. We spent years talking about "Family Values" while Democrats elevated sinners and reprobates to positions of power, but when we had a chance to once again display our integrity in 2016, we gave up and said "If we can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Bill Clinton lowered the bar. Republicans had a chance to raise it back up in 2016 but we chose to join the Democrat party in the muck.

So, forgive me if I can't turn up the knob on my outrage meter when I see a sinful Democrat on the teevee.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct

I hate Bill Clinton. But there's zero doubt that his mere existence made my party think that it was OK to nominate a guy like Trump. We spent years talking about "Family Values" while Democrats elevated sinners and reprobates to positions of power, but when we had a chance to once again display our integrity in 2016, we gave up and said "If we can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Bill Clinton lowered the bar. Republicans had a chance to raise it back up in 2016 but we chose to join the Democrat party in the muck.

So, forgive me if I can't turn up the knob on my outrage meter when I see a sinful Democrat on the teevee.
Bill also made it impossible for hillary to hit donald hard in this area. 

• Thinking

Bill also made it impossible for hillary to hit donald hard in this area. 
I don't think it would have been impossible for Hillary to hit Donald in that area, but the issue with Hillary, among her many issues, is that she's completely incapable of expressing the slightest amount of Christian humility or vulnerability.

I would never vote for Hillary, but I respect her choice to keep her family together. Focusing on the family is a huge deal to me. Hillary had an opportunity to exploit that aspect in 2016 but Democrats have basically abandoned Family Values voters, so she must have concluded that it wouldn't have done her any good.

I don't think it would have been impossible for Hillary to hit Donald in that area, but the issue with Hillary, among her many issues, is that she's completely incapable of expressing the slightest amount of Christian humility or vulnerability.

I would never vote for Hillary, but I respect her choice to keep her family together. Focusing on the family is a huge deal to me. Hillary had an opportunity to exploit that aspect in 2016 but Democrats have basically abandoned Family Values voters, so she must have concluded that it wouldn't have done her any good.
The Don has been accused more than my husband doesnt really seem like a winning argument. 

The Don has been accused more than my husband doesnt really seem like a winning argument. 
Did you really think that's what I meant? If so, I apologize for not making myself clear.

The number of accusations is irrelevant to a person like me who puts a premium on keeping a family together. I respect Hillary Clinton's choice to keep her family together. I don't feel the same about Donald Trump, because he enabled the destruction of his own family unit, not once, but twice.

But I was going to vote for Trump in 2016 no matter what, so there was nothing that Hillary could have said or done that would have affected my vote. But I know there are people out there—people like my wife—who could have been convinced to vote for Hillary if only she had emphasized her choice to keep her family together.

• Sad

Users who are viewing this thread