What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mets sign KRod (1 Viewer)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Source: Mets, K-Rod agree to contractESPN.com news servicesUpdated: December 9, 2008, 3:47 PM ETComment Email Print Mets Close To Deal With Francisco RodriguezThe New York Mets agreed to a three-year deal with free-agent closer Francisco Rodriguez, a source told ESPN on Tuesday. Rodriguez's deal, worth $37 million plus additional incentives, is pending a physical, which the New York Post reported will take place Wednesday. The deal is a one-year increase over the two years and $24 million the Mets are said to have initially offered the closer, who broke the major league single-season saves record last season with 62. FoxSports.com previously had reported that the Mets had offered Rodriguez a third year. Fantasy Spin:K-Rod to the MetsFrancisco Rodriguez is going to get plenty of saves for the New York Mets in 2009. But don't overrate him when it comes time to draft a reliever, writes Eric Karabell. Blog The Mets, whose bullpen was a major culprit in the team's second straight September swoon, are in need of a front-line closer to replace the injured Billy Wagner, who likely will miss all of 2009 following elbow surgery. The contract would pay Rodriguez about $3 million more than he was offered by the Los Angeles Angels in spring training and $6 million less than Wagner's deal with the Mets.
Great deal for the Mets. Im absolutely shocked he was only able to get 3 yrs. Didnt BJ Ryan get 5 yrs a few years ago? And Mariano got a 3 yr deal last year.

I didn't want him at a 5 year contract, but I'm pleased the Mets could get him at a 3 year deal. Good job by the Mets here. Hopefully Huston Street is next, to set up K-Rod.......

That's a pretty good signing by the Mets. 3/$36M is a lot of money per IP but Omar had to spend in this area after the past two Septembers.

Cards apparently made a strong pitch for K-Rod, offering a very similar deal the Mets did.

Now, the focus for the Cards is Brian Fuentes from what I hear. He'd be a nice get.

Note: Last year, Fuentes had a better K rate and WHIP. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the K-Rod experience:

Code:
NY Mets				IP 	H 	R 	ER 	BB 	K 	HR 	F. Rodriguez (S, 2) 	1.0 	0 	0 	0 	2 	1 	0

Last edited by a moderator:

Code:
His replacement (Fuentes) for the Angels looked good last night. :lmao: This is nothing new for Mets fans - we're used to high wire acts . . .FrancoBenitezWagnerAyala

Code:
His replacement (Fuentes) for the Angels looked good last night. :kicksrock: This is nothing new for Mets fans - we're used to high wire acts . . .FrancoBenitezWagnerAyala
Sounds like K-Rod found the right place to land. :thumbup:As for Fuentes, what do I care? I'm not an Angels fan. I just thought that most people missed how frankly mediocre of a closer K-Rod had become because he set the saves record.

Code:
His replacement (Fuentes) for the Angels looked good last night. :goodposting: This is nothing new for Mets fans - we're used to high wire acts . . .FrancoBenitezWagnerAyala
Sounds like K-Rod found the right place to land. :thumbup:As for Fuentes, what do I care? I'm not an Angels fan. I just thought that most people missed how frankly mediocre of a closer K-Rod had become because he set the saves record.
Huh?The Mets had a glaring need to rebuild the bullpen - they blew 29 games for the Mets last year.They went out and got the best closer on the market for half of what he started out asking for. Mediocre is hardly what I'd call the single season saves record holder.

I just thought that most people missed how frankly mediocre of a closer K-Rod had become because he set the saves record.
C'mon now, he is better than mediocre. Top 5 or 6 in baseball.
He throws too many pitches and allows too many guys on base to be considered that good. He has good stuff (no longer great, like it was five years ago IMHO) but he overthrows all the time. No inning is ever routine, which is remarkable considering that most of the time he enters the game with nobody on base to start the ninth.

He throws too many pitches and allows too many guys on base to be considered that good. He has good stuff (no longer great, like it was five years ago IMHO) but he overthrows all the time. No inning is ever routine, which is remarkable considering that most of the time he enters the game with nobody on base to start the ninth.
No longer great? He's 27. He's entering his prime.

Users who are viewing this thread