What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mewlde Moore (1 Viewer)

Addai's Adidas

Footballguy
He just looks fantastic. Seems to get 6 yards a pop unless he gets hit in the backfield. Takes screen passes for 10 yards a pop. FWP is constantly dinged, and Moore is the perennial backup. He is on a winning team with a good defense, so will get lots of opportunities. He was knocking people down and was able to make it around the corner on sweeps.

Fantasy Gold down the stretch I think.

Nah. Even if FWP is out, which I don't think he will be, Russel will vulture short yardage TDs.

He just looks fantastic. Seems to get 6 yards a pop unless he gets hit in the backfield. Takes screen passes for 10 yards a pop. FWP is constantly dinged, and Moore is the perennial backup. He is on a winning team with a good defense, so will get lots of opportunities. He was knocking people down and was able to make it around the corner on sweeps.Fantasy Gold down the stretch I think.
Fail.Moore looks like crap. FWP looks like crap. The Steeler running game looks like crap.FWP: 14 carries for 37 yards.Moore: 15 carries for 56 yards.

He just looks fantastic. Seems to get 6 yards a pop unless he gets hit in the backfield. Takes screen passes for 10 yards a pop. FWP is constantly dinged, and Moore is the perennial backup. He is on a winning team with a good defense, so will get lots of opportunities. He was knocking people down and was able to make it around the corner on sweeps.Fantasy Gold down the stretch I think.
I happen to agree with this. No one take MeMo seriously, it's almost hilarious. When has this guy not produced in the NFL? Yet he was 3rd string at PIttsburgh?As for Fantasy Gold, you bet, he will make some people's seasons.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...441&hl=memo

2 points I made earlier that played out yesterday. MeMo is a better fit in that offense, and Pitt has turned into a pass first team. They love big ben, and he delivers more often than not. FWP is quickly fading away, I'd be hard pressed to believe he'll be in the league 2 years from now...

As far as MeMo goes, put him on a high powered offense, and he puts up ridiculous numbers. Dunno either why he nevers get a look as a proper starter. Guys like addai and MJD and Grant are touted as the next great thing, but mostly they are products of the system they play in. I think MeMo is far more talented than atleast a 3rd of the starting rbs in the league...

I love Moore and think he has looked far better than Parker when given the opportunity. However, I don't think he will have much value in the playoffs even if he is the starter. Week 15 and 16, he plays in Baltimore and in Tennessee. I just don't see much upside there.

Fail.Moore looks like crap. FWP looks like crap. The Steeler running game looks like crap.FWP: 14 carries for 37 yards.Moore: 15 carries for 56 yards.
Fail.Moore also had 4/41 rec.

I love Moore and think he has looked far better than Parker when given the opportunity. However, I don't think he will have much value in the playoffs even if he is the starter. Week 15 and 16, he plays in Baltimore and in Tennessee. I just don't see much upside there.
I agree with this. He just has a brutal schedule...That said, he certainly would be a monster had he just been the backup this year in Arizona, Indy, Denver, etc. He's made for a more high-powered offense and does have a great combination of just enough speed, just enough power, and overall smarts as a RB. Dude can catch out of the backfield wonderfully. Parker may have the slight, slight edge in normal straight ahead running, but Parker is so one-dimensional in comparison.

Try taking a bigger sample.YTD: Moore: 432 rushing yards, 4 YPC, 5 TDs, 245 receiving yards, 1 TD - One of the starts was nearly 100 yards vs NYG.Parker: 485 rushing yards, 3.8 YPC, 4 TDs, 4 receiving yards, 0 TDMoore is more versatile than Parker and is not getting nicked up like a China doll. I'd rather go with him if I were the Steelers.

Addai said:
In PPR, I agree.

Yitbos69 said:
SeniorVBDStudent said:
Addai said:
Fail.Moore also had 4/41 rec.
:mellow:He looked good in the 4th Q when PITT ran it right at CIN. He had less than a half as the primary back and came out with nearly 100 total yards. He is a solid producer ( especially PPR ) given the touches.

keeping MM's very good performance in perspective ... he was going up a downtrodden Cincy team. A lot of medicore players look good when they play Cincy.

MM played very well in FWP's absence and he played well on Thursday too. MM's a good fill in for FWP but he's an average-at-best RB. Nothing special about him

To FWP's credit the O-Line looked dreadful in the 1st half ...he was constantly getting hit in the backfield or had nowhere to run.

Moore was productive because it seemed the mindset of the Steelers changed once they had the lead .... they impossed their will on a Bengals team looking for the game to end.

The thing that is confusing is that FWP does have decent hands and was open a few times but Ben went another direction.

The Steelers are a pass blocking team, and an overall average O-line at best... they really showed it last night when the Bengals felt the desire to play tough defense...Once that desire went away then the Steelers were able to run.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you want to bet FWP isn't playing in Pittsburgh next year? With Moore, Mendenhall, and Russell, they can do without Parker very easily.

keeping MM's very good performance in perspective ... he was going up a downtrodden Cincy team. A lot of medicore players look good when they play Cincy. MM played very well in FWP's absence and he played well on Thursday too. MM's a good fill in for FWP but he's an average-at-best RB. Nothing special about him
Like Westbrook's 14 carries for 60 yards and 0 TDs?Or MJD's 10 carries for 33 yards and 1 TD?Slaton's 15 for 53 yards and a TDI agree, Cincy is downtrodden...but the past 4 weeks now they have looked better in run D than they did the last time Moore torched them.And even as downtrodden as they are, they looked just fine while Parker was in there.I think Moore has looked better most of the year vs. Parker. But Parker, as long as he is healthy, will be the feature back.

What do you want to bet FWP isn't playing in Pittsburgh next year? With Moore, Mendenhall, and Russell, they can do without Parker very easily.
As I've said when you've brought this up before....don't bet your house on it. He's under contract til 2010, he's one of "Tomlin's guys" and the Steelers aren't in the habit of cutting productive veterans. In games he has been healthy this year, Parker was doing fine. They'll let him play out the contract and then he's gone.Unless they could find a taker in a trade, which I'd say is unlikely given all the injuries he's piling up, he's not going anyplace.
The thing that is confusing is that FWP does have decent hands...
I think this is probably a fallacy. I don't think he has skillet mitts, but there's some reason that Roeth never even bothers to look his way, but the moment that Moore comes in there he magically remembers he can check down. Parker must be doing a pretty bad job of holding on to balls in practices/whatever. The trust just doesn't seem to be there.

Last edited by a moderator:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Addai said:
I happen to agree with this. No one take MeMo seriously, it's almost hilarious. When has this guy not produced in the NFL? Yet he was 3rd string at PIttsburgh?
I agree. It's amazing to me nobody offered him a better job than what he got in Pittsburgh. He's better than most of the backups in the league and some starters too. Hell, the team on the other side of the field last night hasn't had a RB as good as Moore on their roster dating back to the end of last season. He was a third-string RB to start this year because, in my opinion, far too many teams were stupid and didn't bring him in to either be a backup or compete for a starting job. I'm not sure he can be a full-time guy for 16 games. I don't think he's built for the rigors of the position. But all he's done in his career dating back to Minnesota is produce when given a chance to play. He's a terrific backup RB and a fine spot starter when the No. 1 guy is hurt - as is the case in Pittsburgh right now.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
As for Fantasy Gold, you bet, he will make some people's seasons.
Not sure about that...he was an excellent spot start for me in PPR league but the schedule remaining is brutal. @NE DAL @BAL @TEN

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Not sure about that...he was an excellent spot start for me in PPR league but the schedule remaining is brutal. @NE DAL @BAL @TEN
In PPR I would have no reservations whatsoever of starting him against any of these Ds, especially NE and DAL.

Addai said:
Wow.Holmes? Yikes. Not much to add to that.

keeping MM's very good performance in perspective ... he was going up a downtrodden Cincy team. A lot of medicore players look good when they play Cincy. MM played very well in FWP's absence and he played well on Thursday too. MM's a good fill in for FWP but he's an average-at-best RB. Nothing special about him
Like Westbrook's 14 carries for 60 yards and 0 TDs?Or MJD's 10 carries for 33 yards and 1 TD?Slaton's 15 for 53 yards and a TDI agree, Cincy is downtrodden...but the past 4 weeks now they have looked better in run D than they did the last time Moore torched them.And even as downtrodden as they are, they looked just fine while Parker was in there.I think Moore has looked better most of the year vs. Parker. But Parker, as long as he is healthy, will be the feature back.
dont get me wrong ... Cincy isn't close to being one of the worst defenses this year and as you've mentioned, they've had their moments. But this is a team that has seriously underperformed the past couple of years, they've had to deal w/ off the field distractions and suspensions, they got rid of Rudi, CJ is mouthing off and getting benched, Palmer is injured, the fans are extremely unhappy w/ the front office, the coach has been a dissappointment. All im saying is that when a team has so many negatives going against them and the fans are giving them grief and it's obvious that this year is a bust, it's hard for players to give their very best when they don't believe in the team. All the junk going on in Cincy has to wear on the players and has to kill their motivation a little.

I'm a die hard Steeler fan and I've said it since day 1...Parker is GARBAGE as an every down back. I'll take him all day as a change of pace guy for the occasional outside run just because of his speed, but that's about it. He can't run up the middle or read a hole for ####. He is constantly dancing, hesitating, and getting stuffed in the backfield.

Moore is better than Willie in every aspect of the game, and as a Steeler fan I'm actually hoping Parker tweaked his knee enough for him to miss time.

Moore is a STUD.........under used by Tice when he was with the Vikes........Parker is a one trick pony with a bad leg......

SaintsInDome2006 said:
In PPR I would have no reservations whatsoever of starting him against any of these Ds, especially NE and DAL.
:thumbup: He was pretty darn solid against a good NYG defense.19car 84yds 4.4ypc 1td 2rec 10yds

Users who are viewing this thread