What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Turner as your number 2 RB.... (1 Viewer)

What do you think he'll legitimately be able to do this year?

My RB's in my $600 league are M. Barber, M. Turner and Chris Johnson.

I'm a bit concerned.

Hard to say, but if you have solid WR depth, I'd consider trading to get a stronger RB2. Turner could do well, but could just as easily struggle as Ryan gets his feet wet.

Hard to say, but if you have solid WR depth, I'd consider trading to get a stronger RB2. Turner could do well, but could just as easily struggle as Ryan gets his feet wet.
My WR depth is suspect....B. EdwardsK. CurtisJ. GallowayD. Hixon12 team VERY competitive auction league...

I like Turner as my #2 RB....the guy is a home run hitter.....he is great after contact..I think his numbers should be around............. 290/1250/8 25/240/2

Last edited by a moderator:
My WR depth is suspect....B. EdwardsK. CurtisJ. GallowayD. Hixon12 team VERY competitive auction league...
Yeah, not much depth there to trade. I'd just roll the dice with Turner - he may surprise on the upside. At least that's what I'm hoping as an owner myself (albeit he's my RB3).

I have targeted Turner in a few leagues because I believe the Falcons running woes last year had more to do with Petrino changing the blocking schemes to something that didn't match the physical make up of his linemen. I believe Mike Smith and Demitroff are on the same page with personnel and scheme. Turner probably won't be a top 10 back this year due to QB play, but I think 1100 yards and 5 scores is a reasonable set of numbers for him. Last year that would have ranked him in the 12-16 range depending on receiving numbers and point per reception leagues.

Turner is one of my picks to supplant one of the top 10 RBs. I think Barber and Turner will be excellent for you.

Turner is one of my picks to supplant one of the top 10 RBs. I think Barber and Turner will be excellent for you.
I was surprised at how much he went for ($19) in my auction.I like him alot this year, but I'm really hedging my season on him unless Johnson or Michael Bush emerge as a viable starter.I'm doubting Bush will do much (maybe TD vulture), and I doubt Johnson will negate Lendale White, but TD's are huge in my league.

I got turner too, however i only have Ricky as my back up. You got barber though. I see barber as being top three this year and could do better than Adrian. I picked addai at number 4 going with all the mock drafts. And now I got him on a banged up indy with saturday out. However, I wish i had went out on the limb going with Barber. I was just scared of F. jones. However, Barber is going to explode....watch.I got S. holmes, s. smith, and Andre johnson at wide receiver, so if i have to trade I can do so to get more power at RB. I suggest you just stick with what you got though. Your hurtin at wr. Find a waiver pick up after week 2 at WR. You should get a good read after that.

Black Label Society said:
zamboni said:
So you are thin at WR and RB....you must be deep and talented at Defense and Kicker....

zamboni said:
And I would be more concerned about your WR's than your RB's....hopefully you only have to start one WR....

I have Turner as my #3 in a competetive 12 team league. I think he will have a good year. You should be OK in the RB area.

I wasn't as concerned about it till Rudi signed in Detroit because Kevin Smith is my RB2a in one league. ADP, Turner, KSmith and Fred. Edwards, Steve Smith (Carolina), Driver and Cotchery should help me there. I'm actually starting Turner this week...

zamboni said:
:bye: $600:confused: :thumbup:

What do you think he'll legitimately be able to do this year?My RB's in my $600 league are M. Barber, M. Turner and Chris Johnson.I'm a bit concerned.
I drafted Barber and Turner as well.But I also have Selvin Young and got lucky with Chris Perry So...do I like Turner as a #2, yes. But I am starting to likemy other options better.Good luck.

I drafted Bush a my RB2 ahead of Turner who I ended up getting as my RB3, and I will most likely use Turner as my RB2 (can only start two) more times than not...Had I known Turner would be available to me, I would have nabbed a better WR instead of Bush.

I'm starting him as my RB2, with Adrian Peterson (MIN) as my RB1. I chose him over:

Justin Fargas

Deuce McAllister

Darren McFadden

Chester Taylor

Jerious Norwood

Pierre Thomas

Michael Bush

I think he'll be a solid #2. I think if you want to know the value of a player at a certain position, it depends on the size of your league. I have Turner as my #2 in a 14 team league, so I actually have it pretty good. Having Marion Barber, Michael Turner, and Chris Johnson is pretty solid for a 12 team league. You probably need to salvage the waiver wire for some solid receivers though.

Turner is going to be great #2. I am hoping 1200/8/600/2 = 75/.5/50/.13 per game which is reachable.
Turner owner as well and I look for good things.. solid if unspectacular with a few long TD runs thrown in.My only concern is how he will be used as a receiver, if at all. I cant see him getting much more than 20 receptions this year given that he has 11 receptions total for his career and given the presence of Jerious Norwood who is more suited for that role.But i think the year end rushing totals will be there..

In my 14 teamer I went Moss in the first...prayed for FWP in rd 2 (got him) and then sweated it out for either T. Jones or Turner in the 3rd. TJ went early, and I got Turner. I'm very pleased as I am probably higher on both FWP and Turner than most. I think it's kinda funny how when Turner was backing up LT he got tons of hype, now that he's got his own gig...he's a great value play in most leagues with little hype.

I think he'll be a solid #2. I think if you want to know the value of a player at a certain position, it depends on the size of your league. I have Turner as my #2 in a 14 team league, so I actually have it pretty good. Having Marion Barber, Michael Turner, and Chris Johnson is pretty solid for a 12 team league. You probably need to salvage the waiver wire for some solid receivers though.
If it were a 16 team league I'd agree... but 12? I think that's pretty weak for only 12 teams.

I see Turner having pretty good numbers over the course of the whole season(1,100-1,200 yards and 5-7 TDs), but I do not see him being very consistent. I see three or four really good games padding his numbers, so if you can deal with a lot of 50 rushing yards and no TD weeks, have at him.

In my 14 teamer I went Moss in the first...prayed for FWP in rd 2 (got him) and then sweated it out for either T. Jones or Turner in the 3rd. TJ went early, and I got Turner. I'm very pleased as I am probably higher on both FWP and Turner than most. I think it's kinda funny how when Turner was backing up LT he got tons of hype, now that he's got his own gig...he's a great value play in most leagues with little hype.
You prayed for a 5th rounder in the 2nd ;)

zamboni said:
So you are thin at WR and RB....you must be deep and talented at Defense and Kicker....
You're quite the smarty pants aren't ya? Celebrate your 12th Bday last weeK?For the record, we don't draft, we auction, and it's VERY hard to get a stacked team in this league.Typically the team who wins it all has 3 great performing players.I'm counting on Barber and Edwards to produce. I'm looking for my 3rd 'stud' if you will.M. HasselbeckK. WarnerM. BarberM. TurnerChris JohnsonMike BushB. EdwardsJ. GallowayK. CurtisD. HixonZ. MillerJ. Elam

You're quite the smarty pants aren't ya? Celebrate your 12th Bday last weeK?
Way to show him what the high road looks like. :goodposting: I think Turner is going to surprise many this year. Atlanta will struggle but the guy is just that good. I think he would be ranked higher if we had a larger sample size to evaluate him from. He will be a very solid RB#2 and could be one of those guys who unexpectedly breaks the top 10 IMHO.

zamboni said:
I think Turner will put up respectable RB#2 numbers and will be a viable option this year.So you are thin at WR and RB....you must be deep and talented at Defense and Kicker....
You're quite the smarty pants aren't ya? Celebrate your 12th Bday last weeK?For the record, we don't draft, we auction, and it's VERY hard to get a stacked team in this league.Typically the team who wins it all has 3 great performing players.I'm counting on Barber and Edwards to produce. I'm looking for my 3rd 'stud' if you will.M. HasselbeckK. WarnerM. BarberM. TurnerChris JohnsonMike BushB. EdwardsJ. GallowayK. CurtisD. HixonZ. MillerJ. Elam
Eh, lighten up Francis it was a joke. I think Turner will put up respectable RB#2 numbers this year and will be a viable option at #2 throughout the season.

zamboni said:
It would be interesting to see what the rest of the teams in the league look like.

zamboni said:
So, how much money did you have left over after your auction?

You prayed for a 5th rounder in the 2nd :confused:
:rolleyes: Yep, sure did, I'm obviously an idiot :sarcasm:

NO problem with him as a RB2.

Heck, I have him as my RB1 in one PPR league to go with Moss, TO, Steve Smith and Brandon Marshall.

zamboni said:
None.Barber - 39Edwards - 24Turner - 19C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2Rest were 1 dollar

zamboni said:
It would be interesting to see what the rest of the teams in the league look like.
Mo'sQB Colts, Team Quarterback, IND QB Redskins, Team Quarterback, WAS RB Matt Forte®, CHI RB Kevin Smith®, DET RB Darren Sproles, SD RB Fred Taylor, JAC RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD WR Bernard Berrian, MIN WR Anthony Gonzalez, IND WR Roddy White, ATL TE Vernon Davis, SF PK Ryan Longwell, MIN MineQB Cardinals Team Quarterback, ARI QB Seahawks, Team Quarterback, SEA RB Marion Barber, DAL RB Michael Bush, OAK RB Chris Johnson®, TEN RB Michael Turner, ATL WR Kevin Curtis, PHI WR Braylon Edwards, CLE WR Joey Galloway, TB WR Domenik Hixon, NYG TE Zach Miller, OAK PK Jason Elam, ATL AmigosQB Cowboys, Team Quarterback, DAL RB Ryan Grant, GB RB Felix Jones®, DAL RB Rashard Mendenhall®, PIT RB Chris Perry, CIN RB Ray Rice®, BAL WR Reggie Brown, PHI WR Terrell Owens, DAL WR Javon Walker, OAK WR Reggie Williams, JAC TE Kellen Winslow, CLE PK Shayne Graham, CIN Limo SquadQB Bengals, Team Quarterback, CIN QB Eagles, Team Quarterback, PHI RB Maurice Morris, SEA RB Leon Washington, NYJ RB Brian Westbrook, PHI WR Dwayne Bowe, KC WR Lee Evans, BUF WR Jerry Porter, JAC WR Sidney Rice, MIN WR Steve Smith, CAR TE Jason Witten, DAL PK Rob Bironas, TEN HomiesQB Packers, Team Quarterback, GB QB Saints, Team Quarterback, NO RB Andre Hall, DEN RB Rudi Johnson, DET RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC RB Marshawn Lynch, BUF WR Marques Colston, NO WR Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ WR Ted Ginn Jr., MIA WR Santana Moss, WAS TE Ben Watson, NE PK Mason Crosby, GB Little Big ManQB Broncos, Team Quarterback, DEN RB Reggie Bush, NO RB Earnest Graham, TB RB Jonathan Stewart®, CAR RB LenDale White, TEN RB Ricky Williams, MIA WR Anquan Boldin, ARI WR Chris Chambers, SD WR Brandon Marshall, DEN WR Randy Moss, NE TE Jeremy Shockey, NO PK Josh Brown, STL SNAFUPos Player, Team QB Steelers, Team Quarterback, PIT RB Jacob Hester®, SD RB Tim Hightower®, ARI RB Laurence Maroney, NE RB Clinton Portis, WAS RB DeAngelo Williams, CAR WR Plaxico Burress, NYG WR TJ Houshmandzadeh, CIN WR Muhsin Muhammad, CAR WR Wes Welker, NE TE Dallas Clark, IND PK Nate Kaeding, SD SmashersQB Browns, Team Quarterback, CLE QB Lions, Team Quarterback, DET RB Steven Jackson, STL RB Darren McFadden®, OAK RB Willie Parker, PIT WR Greg Jennings, GB WR Calvin Johnson, DET WR Donte Stallworth, CLE WR Hines Ward, PIT TE Chris Cooley, WAS TE Todd Heap, BAL PK Josh Scobee, JAC MickensQB Jaguars, Team Quarterback, JAC QB Rams, Team Quarterback, STL RB Joseph Addai, IND RB Julius Jones, SEA RB Thomas Jones, NYJ RB Kenny Watson, CIN RB Selvin Young, DEN WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI WR Torry Holt, STL WR Roy Williams, DET TE Randy McMichael, STL PK Adam Vinatieri, IND River RatsQB Giants, Team Quarterback, NYG RB Ronnie Brown, MIA RB Frank Gore, SF RB Adrian Peterson, MIN RB Chester Taylor, MIN WR Nate Burleson, SEA WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ WR Donald Driver, GB WR DeSean Jackson®, PHI WR Vincent Jackson, SD TE Antonio Gates, SD PK Neil Rackers, ARI Bearded ClamQB Chargers, Team Quarterback, SD QB Patriots, Team Quarterback, NE RB Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB Larry Johnson, KC RB Steve Slaton®, HOU WR Patrick Crayton, DAL WR Jabar Gaffney, NE WR Marvin Harrison, IND WR Santonio Holmes, PIT TE Heath Miller, PIT TE L.J. Smith, PHI PK Nick Folk, DAL ShowtimeQB Jets, Team Quarterback, NYJ QB Panthers, Team Quarterback, CAR RB Justin Fargas, OAK RB Ahman Green, HOU RB Edgerrin James, ARI RB Jamal Lewis, CLE RB Willis McGahee, BAL WR Andre Johnson, HOU WR Chad Johnson, CIN WR Reggie Wayne, IND TE Tony Gonzalez, KC PK Stephen Gostkowski, NE

None.Barber - 39Edwards - 24Turner - 19C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2Rest were 1 dollar
You paid $39 for Barber????? How much did Addai, Gore, Westbrook, Portis, et al go for?
Portis was $26Westbrook was $36Gore was $27Addai was $35I personally believe Barber will outperform all of those guys.Only ADP (41) and LT (56) went for more.

You paid $39 for Barber????? How much did Addai, Gore, Westbrook, Portis, et al go for?
Portis was $26Westbrook was $36Gore was $27Addai was $35I personally believe Barber will outperform all of those guys.Only ADP (41) and LT (56) went for more.
Even if he outperforms them (which I highly doubt for ANY of them), is it by:$13 for Portis?$3 for Westbrook? (FYI, I doubt you'll find many people who think Barber will outperform Westy)$12 for Gore?$4 for AddaiThose $ values could have been used to get better players at other positions. This is the thing I've learned with auctions... relative value means A LOT.Would you rather haveBarber - 39Edwards - 24Turner - 19C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2TOTAL 94ORPortis - 26Gore - 27Edwards - 24C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2TOTAL 89and 5 more dollars to spend to upgrade your WRs????

Even if he outperforms them (which I highly doubt for ANY of them), is it by:$13 for Portis?$3 for Westbrook? (FYI, I doubt you'll find many people who think Barber will outperform Westy)$12 for Gore?$4 for AddaiThose $ values could have been used to get better players at other positions. This is the thing I've learned with auctions... relative value means A LOT.Would you rather haveBarber - 39Edwards - 24Turner - 19C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2TOTAL 94ORPortis - 26Gore - 27Edwards - 24C. Johnson - 7Hasselbeck - 3Warner - 2TOTAL 89and 5 more dollars to spend to upgrade your WRs????
somewhat agree with your analysis, however, it's too late now I guess.I can only hope both Turner and Johnson outperform and I can trade one of them with a QB for a good WR.

somewhat agree with your analysis, however, it's too late now I guess.
And to give you credit, I'm guessing Barber was auctioned off before the other RBs and you didn't know what they'd go for. I personally steer away from hyped players altogether in auctions, because they are usually overpriced. But hindsight is 20-20.

zamboni said:
Because this was an auction draft you only have yourself to blame. That team sucks.

zamboni said:
Because this was an auction draft you only have yourself to blame. That team sucks.
Hey thanks alot!! :confused:

Little Big ManQB Broncos, Team Quarterback, DEN RB Reggie Bush, NO RB Earnest Graham, TB RB Jonathan Stewart®, CAR RB LenDale White, TEN RB Ricky Williams, MIA WR Anquan Boldin, ARI WR Chris Chambers, SD WR Brandon Marshall, DEN WR Randy Moss, NE TE Jeremy Shockey, NO PK Josh Brown, STLSmashersQB Browns, Team Quarterback, CLE QB Lions, Team Quarterback, DET RB Steven Jackson, STL RB Darren McFadden®, OAK RB Willie Parker, PIT WR Greg Jennings, GB WR Calvin Johnson, DET WR Donte Stallworth, CLE WR Hines Ward, PIT TE Chris Cooley, WAS TE Todd Heap, BAL PK Josh Scobee, JAC MickensQB Jaguars, Team Quarterback, JAC QB Rams, Team Quarterback, STL RB Joseph Addai, IND RB Julius Jones, SEA RB Thomas Jones, NYJ RB Kenny Watson, CIN RB Selvin Young, DEN WR Larry Fitzgerald, ARI WR Torry Holt, STL WR Roy Williams, DET TE Randy McMichael, STL PK Adam Vinatieri, IND
If you are going to go to the cops, these are the guys who stole your money.

Turner is beast for how fast this dude is...he's 5'10 244......a bruiser back with wheels...this guy is special...he's an awsome RB2 with a huge upside

I'm not sure what to expect from Turner. I only took him as my RB2 in an 8-team league where RBs were getting thin. Probably not a horrible pick vs. ADP in most leagues, at least.

I'm not sure what to expect from Turner. I only took him as my RB2 in an 8-team league where RBs were getting thin. Probably not a horrible pick vs. ADP in most leagues, at least.
I normally don't make this kind of post but in an 8 team league he is RB#2? Can I guess that you were picking him after some teams already had #3? Not because I don't like the guy, if you can scroll up I am higher than most on him, but how many RB's were off the board before him?

I normally don't make this kind of post but in an 8 team league he is RB#2? Can I guess that you were picking him after some teams already had #3? Not because I don't like the guy, if you can scroll up I am higher than most on him, but how many RB's were off the board before him?
He was the 20th RB taken.

He was the 20th RB taken.
he was RB12 on my board :hophead:

LT

Turner-I have no problem using him as my #2 back.

I made sure to get Edge 2 rounds later and Perry in the 9th, so I've got a plodder in Edge in case my 2 swings for the fences don't pan out.

Users who are viewing this thread