What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Wilhoite - SF LB (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
I picked him up as a desperation play at LB with the Patrick Willis injury. I thought Willis was supposed to play this week but he didn't. Unfortunately, I didn't start Wilhoite and he wound up with 13 freaking tackles -- over 20 FF pts in the league I own him in! He's filled in nicely for Willis for the past two weeks and he doesn't seem to be on FBG's radar. What's his future prospects, particularly after Willis returns?

I took a flyer on him in one league and sure hope he factors into the starting lineup for a while longer.

Is Wilhoite the next man up in SF after Bowman's gruesome injury? It seems that every LB that starts for them turns into a useful IDP.
He would be, yes. He plays backup on both positions and would likely replace Willis and Willis move over. That part is semantics but he seems more likely to just go back to the role he had when called upon before.

San Francisco LB Michael Wilhoite has stepped it up over the past month after a slowish start.

First three games:

- 11 solos

- 1 assist

Over the last four games:

- 37 solos

- 12 assists

- 1 INT

- 1 Pass Defense

His career high for tackles was last year with 87 combined tackles.

This year, after only 7 games, he already has a combined 63 tackles and this is after a slow start.

Last edited by a moderator:
San Francisco LB Michael Wilhoite has stepped it up over the past month after a slowish start.

First three games:

- 11 solos

- 1 assist

Over the last four games:

- 37 solos

- 12 assists

- 1 INT

- 1 Pass Defense

His career high for tackles was last year with 87 combined tackles.

This year, after only 7 games, he already has a combined 63 tackles and this is after a slow start.
Worst ILB in coverage according to PFF, Hodges will probably take some of his snaps going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread