What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Evans / Chris Godwin Keeper Trade - Season at a Crossroads (1 Viewer)

ZackBussiere

Footballguy
Hi All, 

I am 4-4 in a 12 team superflex auction keeper league where 6 teams make the playoffs. 

The way it has shaken out, I need to go 3-1 or 4-0 to make the post season, and our trade deadline is this Saturday. 

The core of my question is the idea of swapping Mike Evans ($53) for Chris Godwin ($21) - keeper values in parentheses. 

The two are close in value for this season, slight bump to Evans, but the keeper value is drastically better on Godwin. 

Should I swap one for the other given my slim chances of contending this season? 

My Team: 2QB - 2RB - 3WR - TE - Flex

QB: Mahomes - Winston - Finley

RB: Royce Freeman - Miles Sanders - Matt Breida - JD McKissic

WR: Mike Evans - Amari Cooper - Allen Robinson - Sammy Watkins - Dede Westbrook - Brandin Cooks 

TE: Hunter Henry

The Godwin owner is 6-3 and thinking about this season, he also has a need at TE and David Montgomery as his third RB behind Bell and Josh Jacobs. 

I could consider doing a 3 for 3 of Evans - Henry - Royce / Sanders for Godwin - G. Everett - David Montgomery. 

Thoughts? My team could contend this season is Mahomes comes back and is Mahomes, but I could also be out of contention as soon as next week and kicking myself for not having Godwin set up as a keeper. 

This is a lateral move as those two WR's are essentially the same for this year's purposes and as you have stated Godwin is superior for keeper status due to the cost savings.  I would guess the Godwin owner would not make a 1 for 1 swap unless he has blinders on and believes the last two weeks is the trend for the rest of the year.  I think the idea is a good one for your situation.  Float it and see what the guy says.

My opinion is to take Evans out of your offer, and put in Cooper.

In my dynasty league, I have both Evans and Godwin, but I just got tired of starting the wrong one, so now I start both of them because I just don't know which one will put up a ton points, so I just keep starting both of them.  I realize that you are looking at this situation differently because you have contracts and I do not, but I just wanted to toss out my opinion as food for thought.

Since Winston is the starting QB for Tampa Bay, I almost consider both Evans and Godwin QB proof.  I don't believe Cooper is as good as either of those Tampa Bay receivers.

football fan said:
My opinion is to take Evans out of your offer, and put in Cooper.

In my dynasty league, I have both Evans and Godwin, but I just got tired of starting the wrong one, so now I start both of them because I just don't know which one will put up a ton points, so I just keep starting both of them.  I realize that you are looking at this situation differently because you have contracts and I do not, but I just wanted to toss out my opinion as food for thought.

Since Winston is the starting QB for Tampa Bay, I almost consider both Evans and Godwin QB proof.  I don't believe Cooper is as good as either of those Tampa Bay receivers.
Thanks for the response! My reasoning for not including Cooper is I was able to snag him for only $21 during the draft due to concerns over his health, so my plan was to keep him for $31 next season, as a top-10 WR like him usually goes for 38ish in our auctions. 

Outside of that I agree, and would also prefer both Tampa Bay WRs to Cooper, especially with his mounting injury concerns. 

Users who are viewing this thread