What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Sims-Walker signs with Rams (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
per @MikeSimsWalker:

Last nite in orlando, got a early morning flight to catch to the midwest.... Yea its official I'm a RAM!!!!!!

Schefter reporting it as well:

Rams reached agreement with former Jaguars wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker on a one-year deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good signing for the Rams. MSW is talented and gets Bradford throwing him the rock and McDaniels playcalling. Wow.

If he cant do it now he has no excuse.

Dont own him in either Dynasty league. What a miss!

A real surprise to me.

Great i got Clayton,Avery and MSW....Isn't Clayton a FA? I'll have to twet him not to resign with the Rams for the sake of my fantasy team.

Wait im counting on MSW,Avery and clayton...Im screwed

Whichever WR wins the trust and eye of Sam Bradford is going to put up nice fantasy stats in this offense. At this point, MSW has as good or better a shot as anybody else on this roster. But his name will mean he will cost more.

McD and Bradford have 3500+ yds and 26+ TDs in them IMO this year. Who wants some is the question when it comes to these WRs. Somebody here has value.

1 year deal.... over/under 6 games played this season? i'll take the under.
Depends.. Does Bradford lead him like Garrard? Into a big wall? Or like Manning? 2 steps to find a soft landing spot.What Warner did so well lost on the casual fan. Holt and Bruce dropping to the carpet and avoiding the big hit. Palmer couldn't do it for Ocho. But Brady will.Bradford will have great rec'vrs when he can do it. It starts with MSW. Man I wish I had this guy!

:lmao: :lmao: The Rams are cornering the market on average WRs.
This might be the best week in history for fantasy football and you can still find a way to take the fun away. Find a new hobby.
shoo shoo anonymous guy...I'm busy breaking these transactions down
That would probably go quicker if you took your hand off of your ####.
Have you broken down this transaction yet or are we waiting on the pop-up book?

:lmao: :lmao: The Rams are cornering the market on average WRs.
not to mention injury prone
meh. "injury prone' is people's trying to nicely explain luck. I don't mind if others look to it, b/c it allows you to get good guys (like fragile fred in his last 5 yrs etc) later. MSW isn't a 'big name'. should steal be readily available at value. worth tthe risk IMHO

Msw has shown flashes. It stands to reason that amongst a mediocre backdrop of other unproven wr's with a good qb and an innovative OC, that he is more than worth a shot as a late rounder. If you have him, hold him.

St. Louis Dome > Jax outdoors

Bradford > Garrard

McDaniel > whoever in the heck calls Jax plays (Del Rio?)

As a MSW dynasty owner, I'm ecstatic. Now the only question is do I sell or hold? I'm in desperate need for WR's, so I'm leaning hold.

I know its early, but where are we seeing him rank? I'm thinking bottom of WR2 range?

I dont know what some of you are talking about. This is a solid move for the Rams and I think with him Avery and salas(or amendola), they have a great core that Bradford can work very well with. I dont think Sims-walker is a great talent or anything, but i think hes solid. I think Bradford is a star, look what he did last year with absolutely nothing. Sims-walker could have over 1000 yards this year.

This probably assures that Clayton will be elsewhere this season.

As for the signing, assuming they didn't overpay, it seems like a good move for the Rams. while MSW has been hurt a lot, he does have some talent and he never has played for a QB anywhere near as talented as Bradshaw. I'm still not going to jump the gun here. MSW is still risky and I would be hesitant to consider him as anything more than a WR4.

I can't speak for anyone else, but do you want to count on him as your WR3? Right now, the answer is no, but there is upside here.

Between MSW and Alexander, i think whoever has the best work ethic and the better health (in terms of knees) will be the WR to own in STL.

Alexander seemed to make the best of his opportunities when he did play last year.

Who's more talented?

Whichever WR wins the trust and eye of Sam Bradford is going to put up nice fantasy stats in this offense. At this point, MSW has as good or better a shot as anybody else on this roster. But his name will mean he will cost more.

McD and Bradford have 3500+ yds and 26+ TDs in them IMO this year. Who wants some is the question when it comes to these WRs. Somebody here has value.
I might die of shock if Bradford throws for 26+ TDs this year.

Good news is you have 5 months to get your affairs in order!!!

Good news is you have 5 months to get your affairs in order!!!
:thumbup: :lmao: :goodposting: :lmao:

Between MSW and Alexander, i think whoever has the best work ethic and the better health (in terms of knees) will be the WR to own in STL.

Alexander seemed to make the best of his opportunities when he did play last year.

Who's more talented?
On the football field: AlexanderAt Twitter: MSW

(RotoWire) Clayton's knee is still not healthy, STLouisRams.com reports.Analysis: The Rams will stay in contact with Clayton as he rehabilitates, but the fact that he's still rehabilitating despite suffering the injury in early October is not good. His injury might have been more serious than was originally implied
Good news for MSW...

I don't know why Rotoworld is reporting Clayton in terms of "worse than orginially thought"...this board had posts last year that said it might have been career ending.

Let's walk thru this a bit...Clayton might not see the field for a good while, Avery is trying to come back from injury but he has never been healthy, MSW is an OK signing but he isn't really a WR1 for many teams in this league.

Where does Alexander stack up in this?

Oh and he does stink at tweeting.

Tonight was the 1st I heard this, having been away a couple of days and I definately like this move-for MSW. For the Rams, ok I guess. Just getting away from Del Rio's coaching and Garrard's mediocrity can do nothing but help his attitude and performance. While I'm somewhat surprised SL went this route for a WR, given the other available options however does say that they believe that he will fit in well.

AS a dynasty owner, I love it.

'Ministry of Pain said:
Where does Alexander stack up in this?
That's what I want to know. There's value somewhere in this receiving corps.
Our options in reading these tea leaves look something like this...Avery magically stays healthy for a full season and becomes a big play threat. Does anyone see Avery as a WR1 in the NFL? I think he can possibly be a starter but...Avery is 5-11, 185 from what I read, nothing physically imposing about the guy, he's 27 so how much more developing can he do? He only avg 12.5 ypcMSW IMO wil take over the Clayton role for now. You can say no way but to me the guy who clearly has no one else that can do what he does in the offense is Danario Alexander. At 6 foot 4 ad 225 and to me he simply is a target that Bradfod will find easy to connect with, great redzone option. Not trying to project crazy numbers for Alexander, just stating that his role should be unique to him and not easily replaced by one of the others. I could see MSW penciled in one of the 2 starting spots and ten Avery/Alexander rotating some on the other spot. Avery might be great in the slot for them. Amendola is very limited but has good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread