What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MJD or Maroney? (1 Viewer)

Rocco9

Footballguy
PPR #12 pick in 10 teamer,

thinking henry but if he is gone, would you take Maroney, MJD or WR/QB

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with Maroney.

He should be a workhorse this season.

I like MJD, but Maroney should have many more

touches, and more often than not, more touches

equals more FF points.

Maroney

I would go with Maroney.He should be a workhorse this season.I like MJD, but Maroney should have many more touches, and more often than not, more touchesequals more FF points.Maroney
Yeah, I am just not feeling it with MJD this year. Fred Taylor has looked real good, and now they have Greg Jones for short yardage/goal lines. I think MJD has the talent, I just don't think he will get the touches.Plus, their WR/QB situation is a mess. At some point, NFL defenses will stack the box to shut down the Jags and force Leftwich/Garrard to beat them. Go with the back on the better team.

tend to agree, now if maroney and henry both go #10/#11. Then what? Manning, Smith, MJD, McGahee I see as my only choices (obviously people's opinions on WR will vary)

(I think the 10 guy will take Peyton but if not)

tend to agree, now if maroney and henry both go #10/#11. Then what? Manning, Smith, MJD, McGahee I see as my only choices (obviously people's opinions on WR will vary) (I think the 10 guy will take Peyton but if not)
mcgahee -- do you project rudi at 9? if not, he'd be my pick.

Does Adrian Peterson (MIN) last that long? I like this kid. However if it's down to those two RBs I'd go Maroney.

tend to agree, now if maroney and henry both go #10/#11. Then what? Manning, Smith, MJD, McGahee I see as my only choices (obviously people's opinions on WR will vary) (I think the 10 guy will take Peyton but if not)
A blurb on McGahee from Rotoworld:
Willis McGahee-RB-Ravens Aug. 24 - 1:34 pm et Ravens beat writer Mike Preston says he's seen little "acceleration" out of Willis McGahee in training camp and the preseason.McGahee has been impressive in red-zone work, but hasn't broken a long run. He also hasn't averaged over four yards-per-carry once in his career, so there's little reason to believe he will in the Ravens' short-field attack.Source: Baltimore Sun
He might pan out, but I foresee a Jamal Lewis-type (from the last two seasons) season from McGahee. I'm not sure that's what I'd want from my 1st Rounder.

Willis McGahee-RB-Ravens Aug. 24 - 1:34 pm et Ravens beat writer Mike Preston says he's seen little "acceleration" out of Willis McGahee in training camp and the preseason.McGahee has been impressive in red-zone work, but hasn't broken a long run. He also hasn't averaged over four yards-per-carry once in his career, so there's little reason to believe he will in the Ravens' short-field attack.Source: Baltimore Sun
He might pan out, but I foresee a Jamal Lewis-type (from the last two seasons) season from McGahee. I'm not sure that's what I'd want from my 1st Rounder.
thx for the clip. :football: i think this pick is for rb2 btw.

thx for the clip. :ph34r: i think this pick is for rb2 btw.
No problem!

Users who are viewing this thread