What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Overrated AL'er (1 Viewer)

1)Joe Crede

2)Jermaine Dye

3)Mark Buerhle
Where is this guy overrated?I'd add:

Nick Markakis

Alex Gordon

Robby Cano
Too many innings. SO rate has declined last three years.
I'm aware of those things. Who is overrating him? I've seen him go VERY late in drafts compared to earlier years.
He went undrafted in my league. He was overrated last year. Not this year.

Daisuske Matuzaka- I think he is going to be decent but I think his ADP is lower than it should have been. 14 wins will be a very good season for him.

Doctor Detroit said:
1)Joe Crede2)Jermaine Dye3)Mark Buerhle
Not a White Sox fan ?
Just the first three that came to mind.
At least we know how to finish! :cry:
One title in 90 years. Yeah, that franchise knows how to finish.
Yeah the current team, rosters, managers have all been here for 90 years. You had your day and you blew it- creamed by the Cards....

Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :confused:
Yeah the current team, rosters, managers have all been here for 90 years. You had your day and you blew it- creamed by the Cards....
Do you even know anything about the White Sox history or are you one of the 2005 bandwagon jumpers? Since the White Sox probably had about 50 fans before 2005 I'll bet the latter. :stevekempandfloydbannister:

Jorge Cantu
Can a guy be overrated at AAA?
You may want to check the date of the post and the date he was sent to AAA. It was posted before the news came out that he was sent to AAA.
It was obvious that he was headed down before this. I think most people had come to the realization that he wasn't getting it done. Hard to believe he was overrated at any point in the spring.
Considering he was drafted and ranked as a Top 10 AL 2B and he's now in AAA would qualify him overrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorge Cantu
You may want to check the date of the post and the date he was sent to AAA. It was posted before the news came out that he was sent to AAA.
It was obvious that he was headed down before this. I think most people had come to the realization that he wasn't getting it done. Hard to believe he was overrated at any point in the spring.
Maybe they were expecting him to be sent to AA or take a job at McDee's

Jorge Cantu
Considering he was drafted and ranked as a Top 10 AL 2B and he's now in AAA would qualify him overrated.
Maybe it's just me then because I didn't perceive him being all that highly rated.

Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :ptts:
Do you even know anything about the White Sox history or are you one of the 2005 bandwagon jumpers? Since the White Sox probably had about 50 fans before 2005 I'll bet the latter. :stevekempandfloydbannister:
Try again- I actually liked it when we were able to go out to the games any night of the week and get tix. Now- all the Cub fans are converts and the hot shots scarf up the seats. Long suffering my friend. And you were at all the home games in 2005 when the kittens were pathetic?

Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :toilet:
Try again- I actually liked it when we were able to go out to the games any night of the week and get tix. Now- all the Cub fans are converts and the hot shots scarf up the seats. Long suffering my friend. And you were at all the home games in 2005 when the kittens were pathetic?
I've lived in Europe for 14 of the past 16 years. Most diehard Tiger fans I know consider me the biggest Tiger fan they know. I can tell you most of what has happened over the past 105 years. In 2003 when they lost 119 games I probably listened to 100 games. Not easy when night games start at 1 am local time. About the White Sox as most Sux fans here know I hate them with a great passion but I do respect the diehards. I just don't really like them.

Daisuske Matuzaka- I think he is going to be decent but I think his ADP is lower than it should have been. 14 wins will be a very good season for him.
Agreed on the ADP but not on the wins. I think he wins 15-16 personally. If he gets the control issues shaken out he'll be more apt to go deeper into games (and will have 2-3 CGs) so I think he'll have a hgiher tendency toward earning decisions. I think that's worth a win or two. That said the ADP is a bit absurd and I don't own him in any leagues. In my friends/family league that is riddled with Sox fans I don't have a single Sox player on my roster as they were all going early.

Some ADPs of Sox players from this draft:

Ortiz - 8 overall

Manny - 15 overall

Dice K - 19 overall :goodposting:

Schilling - 26 overall :shrug:

Papelbon - 37 overall :lmao:

Beckett - 54 overall

JD Drew - 100 overall

Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :shrug:
I've lived in Europe for 14 of the past 16 years. Most diehard Tiger fans I know consider me the biggest Tiger fan they know. I can tell you most of what has happened over the past 105 years. In 2003 when they lost 119 games I probably listened to 100 games. Not easy when night games start at 1 am local time. About the White Sox as most Sux fans here know I hate them with a great passion but I do respect the diehards. I just don't really like them.
That's cool. I think it will be a very competitive year. I am looking at the Twins being tough on both the WS and Tigers this year. It is good to see the div having so much competition. We will know who the early front runner is by this time next week. Any team in the Central is cool by me because I am tired of the East and the West

Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :shrug:
I think it is fair to say you hate Chicago in general, which is fine. That just needs to be taken into account while reading your posts. People also assume that the Sox only have a few fans. While it is true there were a ton of bandwagoners in 2005, the Sox actually outdrew the Cubs for awhile before the lockout. Since then, Sox attendance was terrible until 2005.

Doctor Detroit said:
Power Monster said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Not a White Sox fan ?
At least we know how to finish! :blackdot:
About the White Sox as most Sux fans here know I hate them with a great passion but I do respect the diehards. I just don't really like them.
Who are the White Sox fans here that are not diehards?

Users who are viewing this thread