What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mount Rushmore of Droids (1 Viewer)

Yankee23Fan

Fair Tax!
I might do several of these.  I might not.  I'm lazy.  Having said that, a conversation with real live people in real life has led me here.  What would be the Mount Rushmore of Droids/Robots from TV and movies.  If we manage to have any fun with this I might start other threads/polls/tournaments on other Mount Rushmores……. cereal, Bond women, video game bad guys, etcetera, etcetera....

I am pretty much locked into R2D2 and Data.  From there is gets interesting. 

Johnny 5 and Rosie from the Jetson's deserve votes.

@Sweet J (here you go.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The robot from Lost in Space.  Also, not sure if it counts, but HAL from 2001.
I might be misremembering but didn't all he really do is say danger, Will Robinson...…. and then flail his arms around?  He was basically an alarm clock with arms.

HAL is an interesting choice.  Hadn't considering him/it

R2D2, C3PO, T-800, Bender
Woohoo,  fight time.

3PO sucks.  The entire universe would have been better without his b****ing and moaning and almost made me root for the empire, until I did root for the empire, Luke lost his hand, and then I had to deal with teddy bears that thought he was a god.

Bender is a great choice.  

Woohoo,  fight time.

3PO sucks.  The entire universe would have been better without his b****ing and moaning and almost made me root for the empire, until I did root for the empire, Luke lost his hand, and then I had to deal with teddy bears that thought he was a god.

The day I fight about Star Wars with anyone is the day I put a bullet in my brain ;)

Iron Giant should get some love.

Yeah this needs to turn into a poll / tournament of some sort.  I'll get there eventually.

Was Optimus really a droid or robot though?  He was a sentient being. A man-like entity didn't create him to do stuff.  
From wiki

Optimus Prime, known in Japan as Convoy (コンボイ Konboi), is a robot superhero character from the Transformers robot superhero franchise. He is the leader of the Autobots, a group of sentient self-configuring modular extraterrestrial robotic lifeforms (e.g.: cars and other objects). He is frequently featured in popular culture.

Not a hill I’m going to die on

Was it Beastmaster or Clash Of The Titans that had that damned owl?
Clash of the titans.  Beastmaster had the ferrets

I might do several of these.  I might not.  I'm lazy.  Having said that, a conversation with real live people in real life has led me here.  What would be the Mount Rushmore of Droids/Robots from TV and movies.  If we manage to have any fun with this I might start other threads/polls/tournaments on other Mount Rushmores……. cereal, Bond women, video game bad guys, etcetera, etcetera....

Careful GB, it's new world we live in now.

Woohoo,  fight time.

You know, I tried really hard to remember a single scene where 3PO did his job right and moved the plot forward, but it never happened.  The only thing he did without screwing it up that I can remember is acting as a translator for Jabba.  Taking up all of the screen time he did to complete only that task is the most wasteful use of screen time I can think of.

You know, I tried really hard to remember a single scene where 3PO did his job right and moved the plot forward, but it never happened.  The only thing he did without screwing it up that I can remember is acting as a translator for Jabba.  Taking up all of the screen time he did to complete only that task is the most wasteful use of screen time I can think of.
YES!

Thank you.  Most overrated robot in the history of robots.  

To me, Data is a lock.

I never thought about Bender.  But . . . this is a STRONG recommendation.  I think he's gotta be in contention. 

I was never a fan of R2.  But of all the droids and robots in the Star Wars universe, I think he's the strongest. I agree with  Yankee that he's gotta be there. 

Does Seven-Of-Nine qualify?  Because . . . damn.

I love Iron Giant, but I think of this as a category of sidekicks.  More droids and androids than Robots.  I wouldn't put him on. 

So I'm good on three.  (Data, R2, and Bender).  Some other great suggestions in the thread.  I'll throw one more out - The original Arnold Terminator from T2.  I'm not sure he qualifies under the spirit of the thread (sidekicky).  But he should at least be considered. 

Users who are viewing this thread