What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mount Rushmore of Droids (2 Viewers)

R2D2

Terminator has to be on there.

Data?  OK I guess so.  You kind of didn't think of him as a robot though.  So is he really Mt. Rushmore worthy?  He's more of an Android, really.  Which brings me to... 

Vision

And if androids count, how about Bishop?
Is Data sentient? If he was, would that take him out of this?

As far as Vision, he seems more sentient; however if you changed that to JARVIS, you are more in the category, if you also counted HAL.

Slapdash said:
I liked K2SO from Rogue One and TARS from Interstellar are two i like in a similar vein  
I find it ironic that 3PO and R2 were put in for comedic effect, but once Lucas got pulled off the creative side, the comedic effect droids became much better in this role.  K2SO is my favorite droid from all ten movies (or however many there have been now).  While the human/robot love story was a little weird, L3-37 had more funny lines/moments than 3PO and R2 combined in their 8 movies.  BB8 was a better version of R2 for its purpose.

Imagine these images actually carved into a mountain...

Maria from Metropolis

GORT from The Day The Earth Stood Still

The Terminator (not Arnold, the metal face)

Cylon from the original series

I'd pay money to see that.

CletiusMaximus said:
Do replicants (Blade Runner) count as droids?  I guess they have some form of bio-engineering involved, but they seem like droids to me since they can be lawfully terminated.  If so, its hard to overlook Rachel. 
I believe so.... but I think you have to go Roy over her, no? 

Maria from Metropolis

Cylon from the original series

I understand, I do. But R2 is getting carved into this thing whether some of you like it or not. 

Maria from Metropolis

R2D2

Yeah, you guys are right. R2 instead of Cylon.

Or find a bigger mountain and have five.

And I agree that C3PO sucks. He's Jar Jar lite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psychopav said:
R2D2

Terminator has to be on there.

Data?  OK I guess so.  You kind of didn't think of him as a robot though.  So is he really Mt. Rushmore worthy?  He's more of an Android, really.  Which brings me to...

Vision

And if androids count, how about Bishop?
All androids are robots not all robots are androids.

I always struggle with droids vs. androids.  Are they interchangeable?
Sure. Why not.

Basically, the only rule I've enforced, if you want to call it that, is that people that are nominating C3PO are being made fun of, because they are wrong.  And stupid.  And ugly.  And own banana slicers.

So at this point, based on my totally and completely scientific data collection of nominees, ideas, statements, resolutions, and so on and so forth, we are looking at the following rankings (all such rankings are, in my esteemed colleagues vernacular.... @hagmania ……. arbitrary and final - at least up to this point)

R2D2  15 votes

Terminator 11 votes

Bishop 6 votes

Bender 5 votes

DATA, Number 6 the Cylon and Tom Servo   4 votes

Johnny 5, C3PO, Robbie the Robot, Iron Giant     3 votes

It appears that R2D2 and the Terminator are locks, which is the proper and correct way to do this.  Given same, no poll/pole on them is necessary.  That leaves us with Bishop, Bender, DATA, Number 6, Tom Servo, Johnny 5, Robbie the Robot, Iron Giant, and <snicker> C3PO <snicker> for the other two spots.  Others receiving votes only got 2 or 1 or weren't androids or robots, or were only posted for sex reasons, which isn't what we do here, though I made an exception for Number 6 because, honestly, I'm human, she wasn't, and that's ok.  Oh, and any other reference to a cylon went to her as well.  Arbitrarily.  

At some point in the future, at a time and date I choose without warning, planning or very much hard work, I will probably make a poll or new thread on this somehow as to whom shall join R2 and Terminator on the mountain top.  So keep em coming for now.  I mean the posts, not what you think that meant because I just referenced a sexy robot you sick, sick people.

To those of you who voted so far, you have my sympathy for having nothing better to do.  For those of you who chose C3PO to represent the great archetype android that has so entertained us for over 70 years in the talking pictures, your SPAM is probably done in the microwave and yes, your neighbor can see into your basement window and yes that is why they walk away as fast as possible when you are outside.

It appears that R2D2 and the Terminator are locks, which is the proper and correct way to do this.  Given same, no poll/pole on them is necessary.  That leaves us with Bishop, Bender, DATA, Number 6, Tom Servo, Johnny 5, Robbie the Robot, Iron Giant, and <snicker> C3PO <snicker> for the other two spots.  Others receiving votes only got 2 or 1 or weren't androids or robots, or were only posted for sex reasons, which isn't what we do here, though I made an exception for Number 6 because, honestly, I'm human, she wasn't, and that's ok.  Oh, and any other reference to a cylon went to her as well.  Arbitrarily.  
Well, I'm no expert on Mount Rushmore qualifications, but I do know that Johnny Sokko's robot would kick every one of these bots asses with the exception, perhaps, of the Terminator.  Flying, laser eyes, megaton punch, fire breathing, finger rockets...all voice activated through Johnny's watch.  Ahead of its time, I say!

I'm throwing Data as lock #3. A main character in a successful TV series that lasted, what, 8-9 years, like 5 movies,...

Don't go on Mt.Rush with just one movie!

So at this point, based on my totally and completely scientific data collection of nominees, ideas, statements, resolutions, and so on and so forth, we are looking at the following rankings (all such rankings are, in my esteemed colleagues vernacular.... @hagmania ……. arbitrary and final - at least up to this point)

R2D2  15 votes

Terminator 11 votes

Bishop 6 votes

Bender 5 votes

DATA, Number 6 the Cylon and Tom Servo   4 votes

Johnny 5, C3PO, Robbie the Robot, Iron Giant     3 votes

At some point in the future, at a time and date I choose without warning, planning or very much hard work, I will probably make a poll or new thread on this somehow as to whom shall join R2 and Terminator on the mountain top.  So keep em coming for now.  I mean the posts, not what you think that meant because I just referenced a sexy robot you sick, sick people.

To those of you who voted so far, you have my sympathy for having nothing better to do.  For those of you who chose C3PO to represent the great archetype android that has so entertained us for over 70 years in the talking pictures, your SPAM is probably done in the microwave and yes, your neighbor can see into your basement window and yes that is why they walk away as fast as possible when you are outside.
Any actual vote puts Data up on Rushmore.  I was just mentioning other cool robots.  

I'm throwing Data as lock #3. A main character in a successful TV series that lasted, what, 8-9 years, like 5 movies,...

Don't go on Mt.Rush with just one movie!
If you want to go there, my namesake has been in popular culture for 30 years with 200+ TV shows and a movie.

Plus, Data is a putz.

Users who are viewing this thread