What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mr. President, Will You Fire Kellyanne Conway? (4 Viewers)

Supposedly, today is Kellyanne Conway’s last day in the trump administration.

What’s one word you would use to summarize what she did with her time while on the WH payroll?
Disinformation.

Hopefully the history writing can start soon but "alternative facts" was an innovation in American authoritarianism.

Last edited by a moderator:
This phenomenon is something I've posted about fairly often because it fascinates me - these Republicans who spoke up in full throated tones and words about the danger that Trump posed and the fraud that he was when his campaign started but who later not just fell in line but conformed to Trump's demands for lying, illegality and power grabbing - KAC personifies that. It may have destroyed her and her family. It's almost brutal in the way people have been contorted by this behavior, once you get past the hurdle of having no sympathy for those who do it willingly. Maybe it's a Faustian tale in power. Where would KAC be now if she had held to earlier pronounced views on Trump? Not in the White House for 3 years, obviously.

This phenomenon is something I've posted about fairly often because it fascinates me - these Republicans who spoke up in full throated tones and words about the danger that Trump posed and the fraud that he was when his campaign started but who later not just fell in line but conformed to Trump's demands for lying, illegality and power grabbing - KAC personifies that. It may have destroyed her and her family. It's almost brutal in the way people have been contorted by this behavior, once you get past the hurdle of having no sympathy for those who do it willingly. Maybe it's a Faustian tale in power. Where would KAC be now if she had held to earlier pronounced views on Trump? Not in the White House for 3 years, obviously.
The recently completed RNC issued no platform; they'll next have one in 2024. They pledged full support of whatever President Trump wants to do, without qualification.He has been asked multiple times this summer in televised one-on-one interviews what he wants to accomplish in his second term. Easiest softball Q an incumbent could field. He could not even come up with a single objective. Nothing but generalized platitudes. 

It is pure demagoguery at this point. We have never had a cult personality in the history of the country (with a few notable exceptions at the municipal level.) 

What’s one word you would use to summarize what she did with her time while on the WH payroll?
Advocate.

She is paid to essentially advocate for the administration - and quite frankly, she did her job well.  I don't agree with a lot of what she said, or how she went about it - but I am not her target audience, and I think she did her job well.

I do wish both her, and George, well as they try to salvage a relationship with their daughter, who has seemingly been caught in the cross-fire.

Disinformation.

Hopefully the history writing can start soon but "alternative facts" was an innovation in American authoritarianism.
I was going to go with "divide/disenfranchised" politically and at home apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread