What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MSM Silent As Drunk Driver Released After Killing Teenager He Falsely Accused Of Being A "Republican Extremist" (10/4/22 16:34 PST) (1 Viewer)

so it's a legacy definition defined to only include center and left of center media, but excludes the largest media outlet in the country? That doesn't sound very mainstream at all.
Mo, appreciate the effort, but you know at the end of the day every single Jon post comes down to left bad, right good. No other explanation is needed

the MSM doesn't cover a story the way partisan hacks want it to be covered? EGADS! Next thing you will tell me, water is wet!

Direct Headline: Shannon Brandt intends to 'fully defend' himself against murder charge in Cayler Ellingson's death: lawyer

Adam Sabes October 15, 2022 8:19pm EDT

....Shannon Brandt intends to "fully defend" himself against the murder charge......Brandt, 41, was arrested after police say he used his SUV to fatally hit Cayler Ellingson, 18, during the early morning hours of Sept. 18 after a street dance at a local bar in McHenry, North Dakota.

....After appearing in court, Mark Friese, Brandt's attorney, told Fox News Digital that Brandt is intending to "fully defend" himself from the allegations......"We have requested discovery and background information from the prosecutor. That process was set back a little bit due to the dismissal of the initial charges," Friese said. "Once we receive and review discovery, I may be able to tell you more. For now, I can tell you it is Mr. Brandt’s intention to fully defend against the allegations pending in the open case file....."

....Before being charged with murder, Brandt was released from jail after posting a $50,000 bond on Sept. 20. Court documents show that he wasn't placed on curfew or house arrest as a condition of his release....
Brandt also "made comments regarding the incident being intentional and not an accident" during the 911 call, according to the probable cause affidavit.....

.....An autopsy performed on Ellingson indicates that his injuries were the result of being "ran over" by the SUV, not being hit by the front of the car....

....Brandt's criminal history consists of arrests for unlawful possession of alcohol and fleeing a peace officer on foot in October 2006, as well as being arrested for a DUI with actual physical control in February 2002, according to records.

A neighbor told Fox News Digital that Brandt "had too much to drink" on the night of the incident and would go on "rampages" when he's drunk. Brandt's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit 0.08, a breathalyzer test later showed, the affidavit states.....Brandt was handed an "extremely low" bail for what he did, the neighbor also said, stating that it should have been much higher....One of the neighbors Fox News Digital spoke with said that the incident has left community-members devastated.
"I can't get my head around it. I still don't know.....That's all anybody can talk about right now......"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shannon-...-murder-charge-cayler-ellingsons-death-lawyer

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shannon-brandt-what-know-north-dakota-man-mowed-down-cayler-ellingson-suv

There is no way the left leaning activist complicit side of the MSM will cover this story. It's indefensible. Also Brandt's criminal history is now coming to light. Previous DUI and previous stops based on alcohol usage.

Bishop Evans was the Texas National Guardsman who drowned trying to save two illegal immigrants from being trapped in a river. Later it was discovered both illegals were drug mules. Since Evans was black and from Texas, the majority of the MSM pretended he did not exist. Didn't fit the "narrative"

Can't have talk about criminals and drug dealers and drugs coming across the border in droves by way of Biden's failed public policy. Can't have talk about a black American dying for that utter insanity, not in the "age of identity politics"

What kind of narrative exists here for the majority of the MSM? Brandt is a white middle aged heterosexual male involved in what appears to be a politically motivated killing where the victim is 18 years old and looks bi-racial. Ellingson's aesthetic and age will make his story resonate with all the college aged voters that are aggrieved over student loans, the exploding costs of a college education and failures with practical climate change policy.

"Unpaid media coverage", VIA COORDINATION ACROSS MULTIPLE PLATFORMS, that specifically and consistently leans to one side of the political aisle begins to violate the FEC's policies on "in-kind contributions"

This this is more than just "covering a story", it also now becomes a salient conflict regarding campaign finance laws.

Bishop Evans was the Texas National Guardsman who drowned trying to save two illegal immigrants from being trapped in a river. Later it was discovered both illegals were drug mules. Since Evans was black and from Texas, the majority of the MSM pretended he did not exist. Didn't fit the "narrative"

Both CBS News and CNN (among numerous other news outlets) covered Bishop Evans death, so it is incorrect to say that most of MSM pretended he did not exist.

also, why do we pretend that FOX news is not part of the MSM collective? they get more eyeballs than anyone else.
Because mainstream media was a term popularized by Rush Limbaugh. It describes the major media which, before Fox, monopolized the TV airways and print media and shifted wildly left in the 80's and became an echo chamber supporting Democratic policies. Fox grew out of the void left by this shift in accepted liberal narrative by these mainstream sources. Mainstream media has always referred to the media which pushes the politically correct narrative. You do not get to redefine it.

You do not get to redefine it.

Jon, you are not the last word on the meaning or definition of words or terminology.
Oh the irony

Priceless.

so it's a legacy definition defined to only include center and left of center media, but excludes the largest media outlet in the country? That doesn't sound very mainstream at all.
Mo, appreciate the effort, but you know at the end of the day every single Jon post comes down to left bad, right good. No other explanation is needed

Don't hold the fact that you don't comprehend the extent that politics is woven into everything. Media, universities, social media, law enforcement, education. Cases like Zimmerman and Rittenhouse were purely political, but the denial of the politics in this forum was astounding.

the MSM doesn't cover a story the way partisan hacks want it to be covered? EGADS! Next thing you will tell me, water is wet!

Direct Headline: Shannon Brandt intends to 'fully defend' himself against murder charge in Cayler Ellingson's death: lawyer

....Shannon Brandt intends to "fully defend" himself against the murder charge......Brandt, 41, was arrested after police say he used his SUV to fatally hit Cayler Ellingson, 18, during the early morning hours of Sept. 18 after a street dance at a local bar in McHenry, North Dakota.

....After appearing in court, Mark Friese, Brandt's attorney, told Fox News Digital that Brandt is intending to "fully defend" himself from the allegations......"We have requested discovery and background information from the prosecutor. That process was set back a little bit due to the dismissal of the initial charges," Friese said. "Once we receive and review discovery, I may be able to tell you more. For now, I can tell you it is Mr. Brandt’s intention to fully defend against the allegations pending in the open case file....."

....Before being charged with murder, Brandt was released from jail after posting a $50,000 bond on Sept. 20. Court documents show that he wasn't placed on curfew or house arrest as a condition of his release....
Brandt also "made comments regarding the incident being intentional and not an accident" during the 911 call, according to the probable cause affidavit.....

.....An autopsy performed on Ellingson indicates that his injuries were the result of being "ran over" by the SUV, not being hit by the front of the car....

....Brandt's criminal history consists of arrests for unlawful possession of alcohol and fleeing a peace officer on foot in October 2006, as well as being arrested for a DUI with actual physical control in February 2002, according to records.

A neighbor told Fox News Digital that Brandt "had too much to drink" on the night of the incident and would go on "rampages" when he's drunk. Brandt's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit 0.08, a breathalyzer test later showed, the affidavit states.....Brandt was handed an "extremely low" bail for what he did, the neighbor also said, stating that it should have been much higher....One of the neighbors Fox News Digital spoke with said that the incident has left community-members devastated.
"I can't get my head around it. I still don't know.....That's all anybody can talk about right now......"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shannon-...-murder-charge-cayler-ellingsons-death-lawyer

https://www.foxnews.com/us/shannon-brandt-what-know-north-dakota-man-mowed-down-cayler-ellingson-suv

There is no way the left leaning activist complicit side of the MSM will cover this story. It's indefensible. Also Brandt's criminal history is now coming to light. Previous DUI and previous stops based on alcohol usage.

Can't have talk about criminals and drug dealers and drugs coming across the border in droves by way of Biden's failed public policy. Can't have talk about a black American dying for that utter insanity, not in the "age of identity politics"

What kind of narrative exists here for the majority of the MSM? Brandt is a white middle aged heterosexual male involved in what appears to be a politically motivated killing where the victim is 18 years old and looks bi-racial. Ellingson's aesthetic and age will make his story resonate with all the college aged voters that are aggrieved over student loans, the exploding costs of a college education and failures with practical climate change policy.

"Unpaid media coverage", VIA COORDINATION ACROSS MULTIPLE PLATFORMS, that specifically and consistently leans to one side of the political aisle begins to violate the FEC's policies on "in-kind contributions"

This this is more than just "covering a story", it also now becomes a salient conflict regarding campaign finance laws.

Both CBS News and CNN (among numerous other news outlets) covered Bishop Evans death, so it is incorrect to say that most of MSM pretended he did not exist.

also, why do we pretend that FOX news is not part of the MSM collective? they get more eyeballs than anyone else.
Because mainstream media was a term popularized by Rush Limbaugh. It describes the major media which, before Fox, monopolized the TV airways and print media and shifted wildly left in the 80's and became an echo chamber supporting Democratic policies. Fox grew out of the void left by this shift in accepted liberal narrative by these mainstream sources. Mainstream media has always referred to the media which pushes the politically correct narrative. You do not get to redefine it.

Jon, you are not the last word on the meaning or definition of words or terminology.
Oh the irony

Priceless.

Yes, it is "priceless" when one thinks the meaning of words or phrases can't change through usage. And if you don't believe that, then you must think that the most common meaning of gay is "happy" or that "literally" still means "literally" for every speaker who uses it.

Don't hold the fact that you don't comprehend the extent that politics is woven into everything. Media, universities, social media, law enforcement, education. Cases like Zimmerman and Rittenhouse were purely political, but the denial of the politics in this forum was astounding.
Lol.The arrogance of this statement is staggering. The fact that I don‘t agree with your political perception and leanings I “don't comprehend the extent that politics is woven into everything”. Unreal. I guess none of us are worthy of, or in comparison to, your intelligence and vast understandings of things I can’t possibly “comprehend“.

Lol.The arrogance of this statement is staggering. The fact that I don‘t agree with your political perception and leanings I “don't comprehend the extent that politics is woven into everything”. Unreal. I guess none of us are worthy of, or in comparison to, your intelligence and vast understandings of things I can’t possibly “comprehend“.

It is not a comprehension issue. It is a denial issue. The extent that radical theories on race and gender have taken over and is driving the agenda of the Democratic party and taking over institutions is as clear as day. It is all hidden in plain sight.

Oh the irony

Priceless.

Yes, it is "priceless" when one thinks the meaning of words or phrases can't change through usage. And if you don't believe that, then you must think that the most common meaning of gay is "happy" or that "literally" still means "literally" for every speaker who uses it.
I am telling you the meaning of the phrase. It is how the right has used the term for nearly 50 years and still does today. FoxNews was and still is the antithesis of the mainstream media.

Oh the irony

Priceless.

I am telling you the meaning of the phrase. It is how the right has used the term for nearly 50 years and still does today. FoxNews was and still is the antithesis of the mainstream media.

And if someone were to say "He's a gay young man" would you assume they mean that he is happy?

Oh the irony

Priceless.

And if someone were to say "He's a gay young man" would you assume they mean that he is happy?

I would assume it was an attempt to deflect to make a point.

It is not a comprehension issue. It is a denial issue. The extent that radical theories on race and gender have taken over and is driving the agenda of the Democratic party and taking over institutions is as clear as day. It is all hidden in plain sight.
For a guy touting his superior understanding you sure have a problem with words.

YOU are the one who said I ”don’t comprehend“. So now it’s not that I don‘t comprehend its just that I‘m so in denial I can‘t think clearly or that I’m somehow blinded by my biases but your immune to such things?

Please do tell me more oh great and wise one about how dumb or unwise to the ways of the world I am.

Last edited:

Oh the irony

Priceless.

Why are you so angry over gay meaning happy?

Oh the irony

Priceless.

Why are you so angry over gay meaning happy?

I am not angry, just pointing the meaning has changed in popular usage from what it once was.

Users who are viewing this thread