What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Must see's do's in Chicago (1 Viewer)

boots11234

Footballguy
Going with family(wife, 14 and 11 year old) for 4 days.  Camping outside of Chicago in Millbrook.  First off, is there a train somewhere close I can take into the city?  We want to park the truck so as to not have to drive the Dodge mega cab into the city.  

What are must see's?  Going to Museum of Science and Industry for sure.  Daughter wants to go to that place with the bean and the tower with the glass floor observation deck.  What else is there to see/do?  We like science stuff and natural history stuff.  Want to see Cubs game but unsure where to get tickets for less than 50 a person.  Best deep dish pizza?  I read Shedds Aquarium is too pricey for what you get.  Is that true?

Most importantly where's the best place to watch fireworks on the 4th?

Thanks all.

I assume its the expected cluster, but believe they do fireworks at Navy Pier. 

Get an Italian Beel at Al's, where it may well have been invented: 1079 W Taylor St

Pizza will get a range of reactions. Personally, Im a Gino's East guy, sausage patties and pepperoni... the patties are placed as essentially a full layer of sausage above the crust. It's awesome. But others will prefer Giordano's, Lou Malnati's or Pequod's. The original Uno and Duex are better than you'd think, totally unlike the chain at least last I was there some time ago.

Please don't do the Gino's East or Giordano's thing.  Basically, if you have heard of it before...don't go.  If it's in the city that you live it...don't go.  You'll probably need reservations at these places, if you don't want to wait an hour to be seated.
If you plan it, I've gone to Gino's East without trouble when in town for business.   Been to most on the list (somehow have not hit up Pequods. My ex who was from Chicago loved the now closed location of Eduardo's , but Gino's still my personal fav, 'overrated' as it may be. 

Users who are viewing this thread