What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My 12 Team H2H Points League Draft w/Commentary (2 Viewers)

TripItUp

Footballguy
Starting Lineup: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4 OF, 7P, 2U and 4 bench spots. 12 teams, CBS scoring.

1.07 - Aaron Judge - OFs go fast in our league and I like Judge's ceiling, passed on safer options like Freddie Freeman but 1B is deep and OF is not.

2.06 - Jose Ramirez - definitely slid because of 3B depth this year, but I had no problem taking the top 3B here

3.07 - Framber Valdez - we start 7 pitchers, so I always llike to draft an anchor...maybe a little early here, but I like Framber to have a bounce back year

4.06 - Kyle Schwarber - definitely a points league guy, slid a little given the rate at which OFs were going.

5.07 - Zach Eflin - like Framber, felt like a reach and could be buying high on Eflin but you'll see that I just continue to stack pitching in this format

6.06 - Eury Perez - Tantalizing upside too much to pass up, just hoping for health

7.07 - Xander Bogaerts - Now that he's 2B eligible I loved the value here, had a fair amount of risk up to this point so nice to get a guy I can count on

8.06 - Christian Walker - Meh, probably my least favorite pick. Was at the end of a 1B tier, so went for it

9.07 - Sonny Gray - Loved the pick at the time but his hammy is already acting up, we'll see but I'm hoping he's an anchor for my risky pitching staff

10.06 - Bailey Ober - Love this pick too. Tabbed as a sleeper by many and has looked great in spring.

11.07 - Cristian Javier - Another Astro I'm hoping for a bounceback year, I like the value here

12.06 - Gavin Williams - A sleeper SP I had my eye on and when he looked good early on in spring I had him targeted around here...maybe a little early

13.07 - Jorge Soler - Super thrilled with this big bat, SF not a hitters park but I don't care...this guy can mash anywhere

14.06 - Encarnacion Strand - This is why I don't feel great about the Walker pick, CES is one of my top sleepers for the year...mashing in spring and looks locked into the Reds starting lineup.

15.07 - Paul Skenes - electric stuff hitting 102 on the gun already, just hoping he gets called up in June and not in September

16.06 - AJ Puk - Another sleeper/buzz SP, I like how he's looked this spring and worth a dart throw for the upside

17.07 - Jake Burger - Strong exit velo and barrels metrics, could hit 45 out...or could be a bust...I like the risk/reward and one of my favorite sleepers

18.06 - Mitch Garver - One of my favorite Catcher sleepers, although there are many. I like that he's catcher eligible but will be hitting cleanup as a DH most days.

19.07 - Trevor Bauer - I have to believe he's going to get picked up and the pickings are getting slim this late, will just drop him in a month if he doesn't get picked up

20.06 - Seth Lugo - Just wanted a safe, reliable guy to add to depth, pickings were slim...SP #112 I beleive.

21.07 - Kris Bryant - Again, waited a long time to draft OF as I like to stream for OF at the fourth spot.

22.06 - Need a 2B, looking at Julie or Polanco or Lowe...

What do you think?

Last edited:
Don't love the Skenes and Bauer flyers. You'll be lucky to get 75 IP from the both of them combined.

It may not matter under the CBS points system but you don't have many SBs or SVs.

Don't love the Skenes and Bauer flyers. You'll be lucky to get 75 IP from the both of them combined.

Yeah, my league said something similar on Skenes. Bauer was a total fliyer...could be a wasted pick for sure.

Last edited:
3.07 - Framber Valdez - we start 7 pitchers, so I always llike to draft an anchor...maybe a little early here, but I like Framber to have a bounce back year
Who was available from the Ace group of SP here? This seems early for Framber based on a couple drafts that are ongoing. Went 5.13 in pie (roto style)

Who was available from the Ace group of SP here? This seems early for Framber based on a couple drafts that are ongoing. Went 5.13 in pie (roto style)

Valdez is probably a better pick in points formats because he generally pitches deep into games although there's some uncertainty with Dusty gone.

Here is the SP order

Cole
Strider
Gallen
Burnes
Yamamoto
Gausman
Wheeler
Castillo
Valdez

In hindsight I think I like Logan Webb more than Valdez.

Wow, Someone really liked Gallen. That's the earliest (in relation to SP's only) I have seen him taken.

Users who are viewing this thread