What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Brother's Fiancee (2 Viewers)

I had a buddy in a situation like this. Nobody could talk any sense into him. He married her despite all the warnings, including some that may have originated from a deity I'm not even sure I believe in (bridesmaid passing out mid-ceremony and loud foreboding thunder at "if anyone can show reason why this couple shouldn't be together". That was actually pretty fantastic.)
That's absolutely fantastic.

so are the treasures hid yet or what brohans i need to know before i start making a map take that to the bank  bromigos 

Meh...guys like the brother aren't going to listen no matter what.  
Yeah. The problem isn't that he's in this relationship. It's that this relationship occurs for most guys 15+ years earlier in their lives.  So when she leaves him a penniless broken shell of a man, recovering from it is going to be that much harder.

In the end, I don't think you had much choice. I hope it keeps you from being cut out like your other brother, but I certainly have my doubts. 

An an update from my buddy's situation: his ex wife just filed a restraining order against him which includes the kids. 10 days to see a judge. Luckily it hit the desk of a friend of his at the Sheriffs office, so he won't serve him until she gets the kids next week. He's still going to miss a couple of baseball games, if he's smart (50/50 knowing this friend as well as I do). 

Edit: after talking to another, mutual friend, this thing is headed off the rails soon.  The friend in question was getting dental work at the other's place, and basically said he was going to "kick her husband's ###," and the first thing he told me he asked her was, "when is your husband going to be home" after "politely" tapping on the glass.  I assumed he was F.O.S. as he told his story to me earlier, but I'm quite certain now.  We're talking about two of Mississippi's finest here, so I will keep updating if Thorn doesn't mind.  You know he's showing up at the baseball games where the cops are going to have to choose between taking the wife or him to jail.  He thinks he'd be in the right if he arrived first.  I've explained several ways he's probably incorrect, but I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the cops who are going to be called to the scene. Sadly this would be nothing new for the kids. 

I've done something to piss off my autocorrect, I'm afraid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So when's the wedding? Keep us posted as well, I'm sure she will be pulling more shenanigans and I'm rooting for the Thorn boys. :thumbup:  

100% of the people here said don't do it.

OP went the other way.
It wasn't 100% but it was certainly majority. There were a few who said it was his obligation to advise him against but draw up the deed if he still persisted.

Regardless, this won't end well. Good women don't demand, manipulate and put out ultimatums. She's going to take him to the cleaners.

Thorn said:
Don't think so. For one, not sure how they would find out, for two they're pretty rational and, would therefore blame him or her, not me (I think).
They'll find out because she will want them to- eventually.

I know you did this so you get to see/talk to your brother still and any future nieces or nephew you might have, but I doubt that happens.

There is a 75%+ chance your brother will tell her about the objections you had before doing this service for them, and when/if she does find out you will be enemy number 1 and she will focus on all her attention on ending your relationship with your brother. You will be too big of a threat. 

It stinks and wish you the best of luck I am sure it wasn't easy for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Since he came to you for advice, you should advise him to immediately get a reversible vasectomy.

I couldn't enable a sibling to make this type of mistake. His fiancée is manipulative. She is already making sure she has partial control of a big asset of his no matter what happens to them in the future. People like her can be dangerous. I hope he is emotionally strong enough to weather the storm that lies ahead of him.
"storm"?    more like a long series of hurricanes.

did we ever get confirmation that she is not cobra commander or what brohans take that to the bank

Over/Under on how long before this relationship ends and she moves in with the guy she's been banging on the side and demands half the house?
Depends on how much money she wants.  Child support will be nice income for her.  I think she squirts out 2 kids in 3 years and then is caught banging one of the many guys she has been banging for the last few years.  At least one of the kids will not even be a Thorn. 

And, the OP is not going to see his nieces/nephews enough to have a relationship with them.  The world gets to have more messed up kids due to another dysfunctional family.  Yippee. 

Depends on how much money she wants.  Child support will be nice income for her.  I think she squirts out 2 kids in 3 years and then is caught banging one of the many guys she has been banging for the last few years.  At least one of the kids will not even be a Thorn. 

And, the OP is not going to see his nieces/nephews enough to have a relationship with them.  The world gets to have more messed up kids due to another dysfunctional family.  Yippee. 
If going for the over, this is the logic I would use too.

I'm still going under. Because if the long term play was to pop out some kids, she wouldn't need to get that deed done right away. She could just wait till she was pregnant or after the first one is born. The impetus to have this done by the end of the week tells me her end game is much closer than two pregnancies and a wait time in between. 

If going for the over, this is the logic I would use too.

I'm still going under. Because if the long term play was to pop out some kids, she wouldn't need to get that deed done right away. She could just wait till she was pregnant or after the first one is born. The impetus to have this done by the end of the week tells me her end game is much closer than two pregnancies and a wait time in between. 
I admit that you have some sound logic.   However.   Her plan may have been as step 1 to obtain the deed and then start down the child support path for any guy that is dumb enough to fall for step 1.   You guys underestimate these women.  

you and your brother are ####ed.   like upside down reverse cowboy hanging from a chandelier type ####ed.

willie really started a bad trend around here of not following up on stuff you post with his riddle thread for gods sake we will never know what is on that piece of paper and now we will never know if she is in fact none other than the notoriuos cobra commander and hell treasures may still be out there waiting to be found by nick cage long story short this place is going to hell take that to the bank bromigos 

Does this mean that this chick will get half of any proceeds on the sale, and she will not owe anything on the note?
I am sure each state varies, but when I got married my husband he already has a house and when he added me to the house I also assumed any financial libities on the house too. 

here is your update we still do not know if she is cobra commander we still do not know if she has an official nick cage american treasure map and that whole riddle thing willie posted ended up being a total crapper but he is still all right in my book take that to the bank bromigos 

Call him to clarify something minor about the transaction.  Solved.
Good recommendation.  I would add that when you call, don't reference the document, just ask a question about the structure of it.  This will get him to inquire as to what you're talking about.  Then you hit him with the email/test that you got.

Thorn realized he was a little harsh on his bro, so he helped with the paperwork. They went and got hitched in Vegas and couldn't be happier. 
Thanks, seriously, I just started reading this thread the other night. I'm happy for him & his family. - I was a little disturbed with the marital choice of one of my brothers a while back so I was invested in the tale. Thanks.

I am sure each state varies, but when I got married my husband he already has a house and when he added me to the house I also assumed any financial libities on the house too. 
Huh?  Did you refinance the loan? If he only added you to the title you get all of the reward with none of the risk.  Good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread