What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Cable company dropped NFL Network - what to do? (1 Viewer)

grantsa4

Footballguy
So, I got an email today from my cable company saying that the NFL Network wants too much money for them to re-up with them and if they re-upped, they'd have to raise rates etc, so they will be dropping NFL Network on August 1st.

Now, that makes me very sad. I loved having all the preseason games and getting to see the bench warmers and young guys play.

I'm not looking to change my cable company. I have a very good rate with them and I can't imagine any cable or satellite company could come close to matching it.

Any suggestions on how to go about getting the preseason games?

Heh...I actually dropped NFL network myself last season when they stopped airing Thursday night games. That was the entire reason that I had the network, so if I could not watch my team on the horrid thursday night schedule, there was no point in having it.

No big loss, in my opinion. Now if the Big-ten network went away and I missed a buckeye game? Hell would break loose...

I have a feeling that if the only reason you are going to miss NFLN is because of preseason games you'll live. Plus it sounds like you have no other options besides a live stream....

NFL Red Zone is the best channel during the regular season for fantasy players.....he will miss that big time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dish Network Top 200 w/free HD forever and sports package including The Redzone channel for $70/month. Not bad

So, I got an email today from my cable company saying that the NFL Network wants too much money for them to re-up with them and if they re-upped, they'd have to raise rates etc, so they will be dropping NFL Network on August 1st.Now, that makes me very sad. I loved having all the preseason games and getting to see the bench warmers and young guys play.I'm not looking to change my cable company. I have a very good rate with them and I can't imagine any cable or satellite company could come close to matching it.Any suggestions on how to go about getting the preseason games?
switch

Heh...I actually dropped NFL network myself last season when they stopped airing Thursday night games. That was the entire reason that I had the network, so if I could not watch my team on the horrid thursday night schedule, there was no point in having it.

No big loss, in my opinion. Now if the Big-ten network went away and I missed a buckeye game? Hell would break loose...
They have never stopped airing Thursday night games. They air them in the second half of the season.

All I know is that my Browns were playing on a thursday night last season, and I could not watch the game because Direct TV had exclusive rights to the Thursday night games.

Thanks all for the feedback. Looks like I'll just have to suck it up....or find a friend that has NFL Network and bug them :thumbdown:

All I know is that my Browns were playing on a thursday night last season, and I could not watch the game because Direct TV had exclusive rights to the Thursday night games.
I watched every Thursday night game on Dish Network. Your cable company could have but didn't buy the rights for the games. They were definitely not exclusive to Direct TV.

So, I got an email today from my cable company saying that the NFL Network wants too much money for them to re-up with them and if they re-upped, they'd have to raise rates etc, so they will be dropping NFL Network on August 1st.Now, that makes me very sad. I loved having all the preseason games and getting to see the bench warmers and young guys play.I'm not looking to change my cable company. I have a very good rate with them and I can't imagine any cable or satellite company could come close to matching it.Any suggestions on how to go about getting the preseason games?
With all due respect, I don't really understand posts like this. You don't like losing NFL Network (understandable), but* You don't want to switch companies* You don't think Internet streaming is a good solutionI mean, what else do you want? If you're not switching and you don't like the free option, it seems like there's nothing anyone can say.It just seems like you have two very good options. You could switch to a provider that carries the games, or you could utilize the web to see them free. Other than your provider giving you (and only you) NFLN, I'm not sure what solution could make you happy.Again, I don't mean to single you out. I see a few posts like this. It's like "I need help figuring out a way to get to work. My car broke down, I can't afford a cab, the bus stop is too far, I don't want to bother my friends, my bike's tire is flat and it's too far to walk. Any ideas?" Maybe it's too early and I'm being crabby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work from home so I "need" to get out, but for the price of a beer and an appetizer, you could watch the games at the bar every week for what it costs to get the Sunday Ticket...for a few few preseason games, you could head out for drinks and a steak each night for what it would cost you to switch to another provider and lose your current rate. Your "media" spend is incredibly low; I have a family, but we pay $150/month for mobiles (though my wife and I can write those off) another $75 for two home lines (I can write one of those off), probably $50 for the innernets and $100 for Dish Network...that is basically $375/month on this crap.

Other than Ten Yard Torrents does anybody else have any tips on streaming the games. This will be my first year trying it. The only stream I have experience with had fish in it.

atdhe.net

Generally good for streams, gets updated as streams go down as well.

Apart from that, try surfing ustream.com and justin.tv or try google blog search for rapidshare links on Tuesday.

atdhe.netGenerally good for streams, gets updated as streams go down as well. Apart from that, try surfing ustream.com and justin.tv or try google blog search for rapidshare links on Tuesday.
Thanks, I am trying to build up a little library of sites to try before the season starts.

Internet streaming is the way to go...... unless you have crappy DSL :lmao: Though, most of the streams I watch on my crappy fairpoint connection actually come in ok...... anyway if the above suggested sites don't work for some reason just google "watch football online" and about 1/8 of the sites you find should provide worthwhile streams. The other 7/8 are basically scams.

Here are some decent ones:

fromsport

ustream

justin.tv

tvbunch

Just remember:

"This telecast is copyrighted by the NFL for the private use of our audience. Any other use of this telecast or any pictures, descriptions, or accounts of the game without the NFL's consent is prohibited." :lmao:

How bout you get a DROID with Verizon. They have the NFL Mobile app that streams, FOR FREE, the NFL Network.

Stuck in traffic? No problem!

Preacher going a little long on Sundays? God understands!

Kids birthday party? Pretend you're taking pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread