What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My first IDP draft...used EOTG to prepare. (1 Viewer)

FoolishRufus

Footballguy
I recently completed a 25-round offense + IDP draft. I am a total rookie here and used the Eyes of the Guru articles to prepare my cheatsheets. We start 8 IDPs (2LB, 2DB, 2DL + 2 flex (each flex has to be a different position)). Defensive scoring is:

1.5 points for solo tackles

.5 points for assisted tackles

1 point per pass defended

3 points for sacks

3 points for blocked kicks and punts

3 points for fumbles forced or recovered

4 points for interceptions

5 points for safeties

6 points for tds

Here's who I ended up with:

LB

8.09 Will Witherspoon

9.04 Antonio Pierce

11.04 Jeremiah Trotter

19.04 DeMeco Ryans

DB

12.09 Charles Tilman

14.09 Nate Clements

15.04 Michael Lewis

21.04 Nick Collins

DL

13.04 Terrell Suggs

17.04 Patrick Kerney

22.09 Kevin Williams

I'm just wondering if you would stand pat with this lineup or if there are any areas of concern that my newbie eyes missed. Thanks.

You might also keep a close eye on Kevin Williams. I think he'll do well this year, but if he struggles again out of the gate, I'd be looking at cycling him out for the DE who declares himself the darling of 2006. All-in-all, though, with that scoring system the DL isn't a big point producer for you and the rest of your squad looks pretty solid.

Jene Bramel said:
You might also keep a close eye on Kevin Williams. I think he'll do well this year, but if he struggles again out of the gate, I'd be looking at cycling him out for the DE who declares himself the darling of 2006. All-in-all, though, with that scoring system the DL isn't a big point producer for you and the rest of your squad looks pretty solid.
i agree he is worth watching closely... i expect him to bounce back with a vengeance this season... but we should know fairly quickly (a matter of weeks... the first month) whether its going to happen or not. those first few box scores can be like tracer rounds that help map out what the arc of the rest of the season might look like in advance...

Users who are viewing this thread