What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Guy Tipsy Crushing It In New Orleans (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Love seeing this from my old friend.

NY Times 25 Best Restaurants In New Orleans Right Now

Charlie’s Steak House

It’s a measure of New Orleans’s singular character that even its steakhouses have personalities, none more so than Charlie’s. The family of Charlie Petrossi, who opened the restaurant in 1932, is no longer involved, but a group of new owners, which includes local chef and restaurateur Aaron Burgau, have mostly left this no-frills joint alone. There is no cowboy iconography here, and no leather booths. There is also no menu. Simply pick a cut of steak, a salad dressing and a starch, and say yes to the onion rings. With Neil McClure in the kitchen, the steaks have never been better. Pro tip: Start your meal down the block, at the oyster bar at Pascal’s Manale, the workplace of the city’s best-known shucker, Thomas Stewart.
4510 Dryades Street, New Orleans; 504-895-9323; charliessteakhousenola.com

Love seeing this from my old friend.

NY Times 25 Best Restaurants In New Orleans Right Now

Charlie’s Steak House

It’s a measure of New Orleans’s singular character that even its steakhouses have personalities, none more so than Charlie’s. The family of Charlie Petrossi, who opened the restaurant in 1932, is no longer involved, but a group of new owners, which includes local chef and restaurateur Aaron Burgau, have mostly left this no-frills joint alone. There is no cowboy iconography here, and no leather booths. There is also no menu. Simply pick a cut of steak, a salad dressing and a starch, and say yes to the onion rings. With Neil McClure in the kitchen, the steaks have never been better. Pro tip: Start your meal down the block, at the oyster bar at Pascal’s Manale, the workplace of the city’s best-known shucker, Thomas Stewart.
4510 Dryades Street, New Orleans; 504-895-9323; charliessteakhousenola.com
I really need to get down to New Orleans!

What ever happened to Tipsy here? No longer posting?
He posted fairly regularly as recently as fall 2020, but tailed off considerably after that. His last posts were just over a year ago, in September 2022.

What I find weird is that you can Google "tipsy mcstagger, footballguys" and find the page below. You cannot (or I couldn't) find his FBG page via this forum's current Search engine. But obviously there is a back door of some kind.

I didn't realize he was at Charlie's. I used to go there with my dad back in the day. I'm pretty sure my cousin is a regular there still. I'll have to get down there again.

I've never met Tipsy, but I did enjoy his BBQ on a few occasions.

Glad he’s doing well there.

I’ve not talked to him and don’t know why he’s not an FBG anymore, but I have to imagine that dealing with all the struggles to keep restaurants open, lease and lose space in restaurants, the financial stress and struggles, etc take a toll. Then add in the crush of Covid around that time for restaurants and I could see how someone would possibly just want to disconnect.

I’m on a layover in Salt Lake City on my way to New Orleans for the first time in 15 years. I ate at Dante’s last time, maybe I’ll check out Charlie’s this time.

Users who are viewing this thread