What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Old Friend Is Disturbingly Missing In Brooklyn or Lower East SIde, NYC -- Update: John Has Been Found and Is Safe (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone, I figured I'd update this. All our well-wishes, thoughts, and prayers helped.

They found John. I'd heard they were aware of the ping on his cell phone in New Jersey, but I had agreed to cease all social media until he was safe and not a flight risk. I got a text from him yesterday.

I can't go into anything because I promised not to be on social media about it. But you guys that went out of your way -- you deserve to know what happened. He's okay. He's safe. Thank you so much. Your efforts still make me tear up due to their goodness. Anybody that put even a modicum of effort in deserves sincere thanks.

Thank God. I'm emotional about it and pretty unsteady that I posted on social media about it because it turns out the family did not want that. I was just trying to help.

Please don't ask questions of me. I'm not prepared to answer, nor do I even know the answers. All I know is that he was missing and he's been found.

Thanks so much.

I'm listening to Title Fight and Touché Amoré right now. Brothers can still do that these days, it's just underground now.

That’s an amazing ending.

+1 to all of that. Happy for this fabulous ending.

Thanks to both of you. I hope I haven't violated anything by posting this, but people should know. I'm still hesitant, but it's in our little corner of the world and hopefully okay to post that. They'd found a ping from a cell phone in New Jersey and he was still a flight risk so there was a cessation in all social media about it per request of the family. I'm also going to honor their wishes and not go into causes, etc. Just...he's safe right now and in their care, presumably.

That’s an amazing ending.

+1 to all of that. Happy for this fabulous ending.

Thanks to both of you. I hope I haven't violated anything by posting this, but people should know. I'm still hesitant, but it's in our little corner of the world and hopefully okay to post that. They'd found a ping from a cell phone in New Jersey and he was still a flight risk so there was a cessation in all social media about it per request of the family. I'm also going to honor their wishes and not go into causes, etc. Just...he's safe right now and in their care, presumably.
All fine with me. If he wants privacy, I respect that. Just glad to hear he’s ok.

I almost bumped this the other day, but was afraid it either had a tragic ending or there were privacy concerns. Glad it turned out well for your friend and I hope he continues to progress.

Man. So happy to hear this rock. I’ve been following along with silent prayers, it’s amazing to see people who were willing to help a complete stranger who is a friend of a friend. FBGs has some great peeps!

Glad he has been found. Rest easier tonight rock.

Users who are viewing this thread