What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My top 36 rookie board (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
I'm not married to it and have drifted a bit from where I was shortly after the NFL draft. I have 5 rookie drafts starting this weekend. All PPR with TE premium. 2 of those leagues are disbanding after a 2020 jackpot season. The other 3 are still rolling. I'd probably bump the TEs in those ones. Maybe as high as 1.07. But here it is, for the world to see:

1.01    JACOBS
1.02    MONTGOMERY
1.03    SANDERS
1.04    METCALF
1.05    HARRY
1.06    HENDERSON
1.07    DEEBO
1.08    AJ BROWN
1.09    JJAW
1.10    FANT
1.11    HOCKENSON
1.12    HARDMAN
2.01    BUTLER
2.02    MURRAY
2.03    MARQUISE
2.04    HARRIS
2.05    SINGLETARY
2.06    ISABELLA
2.07    BOYKINS
2.08    PARRIS
2.09    IRV SMITH
2.10    DIONTAE
2.11    ARMSTEAD
2.12    DARWIN
3.01    JUSTICE
3.02    TRAYVEON
3.03    STERNBERGER
3.04    EMANUEL HALL
3.05    LOVE
3.06    SNELL
3.07    LOCK
3.08    HASKINS
3.09    HARMON
3.10    RIDLEY
3.11    MATTISON
3.12    MCLAURIN

Last edited by a moderator:
If any rookie WR can pick up Brady and the Pats offense, Harry could be it. I just don't wanna bet on it. Plus I think Brady is declining. If Harry is as good as we hope, I still put Edelman and White as 1st options, with Harry being maybe a 2a/2b type. And that's assuming ASJ doesn't carve a sizeable role, which I think he can. No I am not skipping out on drafting Harry because I like ASJ. It's the whole being greater than the sum of the parts argument. Even Josh Gordon might play a role again. Can D Thomas still play? Does Brady like to spread the ball around? I just don't see the requisite targets for Harry. Could be a big mistake on my part.

Metcalf has questions, too. I just think his path to WR1 (for Seattle) targets is cleaner and simpler than Harry in NE. But I know Harry is your boy. 

Quite a few things differ from my own thinking, but personally I think in terms of actual performance on the field, Deebo and AJB are > Metcalf, whose reputation has been inflated by his unreal combine profile. SPARQ is nice, but not necessarily valuable if the player can't move fluidly enough to access those traits. Metcalf will take some patience and may be a bit of a Cordarrelle Patterson in terms of being a better athlete on paper than WR. I don't think he's hopeless, but I really don't like him at his ADP.

I'm not married to it and have drifted a bit from where I was shortly after the NFL draft. I have 5 rookie drafts starting this weekend. All PPR with TE premium. 2 of those leagues are disbanding after a 2020 jackpot season. The other 3 are still rolling. I'd probably bump the TEs in those ones. Maybe as high as 1.07. But here it is, for the world to see:

1.01    JACOBS
1.02    MONTGOMERY
1.03    SANDERS
1.04    METCALF
1.05    HARRY
1.06    HENDERSON
1.07    DEEBO
1.08    AJ BROWN
1.09    JJAW
1.10    FANT
1.11    HOCKENSON
1.12    HARDMAN
2.01    BUTLER
2.02    MURRAY
2.03    MARQUISE
2.04    HARRIS
2.05    SINGLETARY
2.06    ISABELLA
2.07    BOYKINS
2.08    PARRIS
2.09    IRV SMITH
2.10    DIONTAE
2.11    ARMSTEAD
2.12    DARWIN
3.01    JUSTICE
3.02    TRAYVEON
3.03    STERNBERGER
3.04    EMANUEL HALL
3.05    LOVE
3.06    SNELL
3.07    LOCK
3.08    HASKINS
3.09    HARMON
3.10    RIDLEY
3.11    MATTISON
3.12    MCLAURIN
I always applaud when someone takes a stance. 

If any rookie WR can pick up Brady and the Pats offense, Harry could be it. I just don't wanna bet on it. Plus I think Brady is declining. If Harry is as good as we hope, I still put Edelman and White as 1st options, with Harry being maybe a 2a/2b type. And that's assuming ASJ doesn't carve a sizeable role, which I think he can. No I am not skipping out on drafting Harry because I like ASJ. It's the whole being greater than the sum of the parts argument. Even Josh Gordon might play a role again. Can D Thomas still play? Does Brady like to spread the ball around? I just don't see the requisite targets for Harry. Could be a big mistake on my part.

Metcalf has questions, too. I just think his path to WR1 (for Seattle) targets is cleaner and simpler than Harry in NE. But I know Harry is your boy. 
Valid points & I appreciate the Ranking!  

I agree Harry can learn more from the NEP Offense and apply it after Brady and could excel for the next GOAT (🤣).

I have a higher regard for Sanders (Top 3) Deebo (Top 3 WR) & JJAW in the Phill Offense long term (starting next year), but I like the list! 

I am not sold on the Tenn offense helping the young WR.  I expect more Henry/Lewis and fewer passing plays.  Rely on the run game. 

Quite a few things differ from my own thinking, but personally I think in terms of actual performance on the field, Deebo and AJB are > Metcalf, whose reputation has been inflated by his unreal combine profile. SPARQ is nice, but not necessarily valuable if the player can't move fluidly enough to access those traits. Metcalf will take some patience and may be a bit of a Cordarrelle Patterson in terms of being a better athlete on paper than WR. I don't think he's hopeless, but I really don't like him at his ADP.
I think metcalf can thrive in the red zone, and the Seahawks will have opportunities. While I agree that his Rec/ydg totals will likely be moderate I think he could very well be a double digit td guy. He may be best at getting downfield but inside of 5 yds I imagine he will be hard to cover, and that team doesn’t have a red zone threat in the passing game and should be a pretty efficient offense. 

That said, go get the guys you like. I just can see a path to solid production for him outside of 30+ yd bombs, which everyone seems to think is his one trick. He comes with risk, no doubt. He ended up not being drafted as one of the top wrs, and the Seahawks waited a couple picks before pulling the trigger, so everyone is down on him. He’s still a 2nd round pick in a prime spot for immediate production in a low volume role with a lot of upside. 

As things have shook out I realized I didn't even need to make any rankings this year.

*If I'm drafting a RB early it's Sanders - because I'm higher on him relative to everyone else

*If I'm drafting a WR early it's Isabella - for the same reason

*If I'm drafting a WR/TE that slips it's Campbell, JJAW, Irv, or Burger - not necessarily in that order.  Why them?  Because they were always the ones that slipped.

The only monkey wrench was Henderson.  If he slipped then I prioritized him, but he didn't always slip.

Users who are viewing this thread