What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nashville help/tips (1 Viewer)

Glad you all like to come and visit.

I'm not jaded like some of the locals, but after 13 years here I'm mostly over it.

There are some great places to eat and hang out downtown, but downtown is a tiresome adventure for everyday enjoyment.

Glad you all like to come and visit.

I'm not jaded like some of the locals, but after 13 years here I'm mostly over it.

There are some great places to eat and hang out downtown, but downtown is a tiresome adventure for everyday enjoyment.
Agreed...down my venture as much into downtown proper unless needed. 

We're headed down Thursday-Sunday. Supposed to be rainy but we're booked. Kid graduates college Wednesday so first time in 4 years someone home to feed the dogs. ???

We have no clue what to do but love sitting around listening to good music, so we should do well.

Visited for two nights with my wife at end of Feb and can't wait to get back. 

Stayed at Holiday Inn on Broadway, a short walk to the action. 

The first night (a Thurs) we only made it down to the Stage, hitting every place from Legends to there on that side of the street over the span of 10 hrs.

Saw a bit more the second night, but need to get back soon, we had a blast. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So if we stay in East/Inglewood at an airbnb our best option is to just leave the car and Uber/Lyft? 

if you're gonna rent a house via Airbnb or VRBO, where is the best area?  just east or NE of downtown?

if you're gonna rent a house via Airbnb or VRBO, where is the best area?  just east or NE of downtown?
I'm sitting in an Airbnb in East Nashville/Inglewood right now. Fine for us as we just shower and sleep here basically. Haven't seen the owners and we have a private entrance and parking. $8 for Lyft anywhere. We rented a Toyota Avalon from Dollar for $99/four days ?. This is a great area. Close to everything and quiet. 

So if we stay in East/Inglewood at an airbnb our best option is to just leave the car and Uber/Lyft? 
Yea. When my daughter lived there (East Nash) we always took a Lyft especially at night. There is almost zero free parking anymore, at least anywhere close to Broadway, or even in East Nash.

I'm sitting in an Airbnb in East Nashville/Inglewood right now. Fine for us as we just shower and sleep here basically. Haven't seen the owners and we have a private entrance and parking. $8 for Lyft anywhere. We rented a Toyota Avalon from Dollar for $99/four days ?. This is a great area. Close to everything and quiet. 
If you decide to hang in East Nash for a night, hit up Tenn16, 3 Crow, and Beyond the Edge is a nice place. 5 Points pizza is great. 5 Points Cocina Mexicana is good Mexican.

Forgot about Rose Pepper for good Mexican too

If you decide to hang in East Nash for a night, hit up Tenn16, 3 Crow, and Beyond the Edge is a nice place. 5 Points pizza is great. 5 Points Cocina Mexicana is good Mexican.

Forgot about Rose Pepper for good Mexican too
Nice, we'll probably hit one of them tonight. We went to 308 and Dino's last night before Broadway. Cool little places.

You can park all day for $10 two blocks south of Broadway. We used that two days. 

Anyone been to the BlueBird within the last year? We are planning a day in Nashville in August on a Monday and want to go to amateur night at BB. I thought it was on a first come basis but thinking you might need to buy tickets via online now? Any insight on this? 

Downtown for the first time in ages.

Blake Shelton's new place - Ole Red - is p good. Gets a local's approval.

Heading down and staying nights of 8/2-8/4.  My HS senior daughter will be touring Vanderbilt Friday AM.  My other daughter goes to Louisville and we're moving her in on 8/1 , so not a terrible car ride from WI. 

This thread is a bit dated.  Any advice or must see places for a 19 and 17 year old?  I would assume I can get them into most of the bars assuming I'm with them? 

Hi folks looking to get a hotel near the Ryman - but not the Hermitage. This is for an older relative, long story (I’m not traveling, trying to help her travel). Anyway, think close to the theater but modern and nice, if you get my drift. Basically doing a nice deed here. -Thanks.

I stayed at the Hilton which is a few blocks from the Ryman.  

It’s a nice hotel, recently updated, clean and convenient location. 

I stayed at the Hilton which is a few blocks from the Ryman.  

It’s a nice hotel, recently updated, clean and convenient location. 
Yeah @SaintsInDome2006 the hilton there by Bridgestone is nice.  You are right behind Broadway and the bars and basically a block and a half to the Ryman.  And across the street from the Country Music HOF.

Not sure how they have kept the Renaissance Hotel upgraded...but with ton of construction right there where the old convention center was...probably way better off at the Hilton.

My middle son (23) is moving to Nashville in a couple of months for work.  His office will be in the Franklin area but he wants to live close to/in downtown Nashville.

Any recommendations on areas/specific apartments or really anything else that he should be paying attention to?

TIA!

My middle son (23) is moving to Nashville in a couple of months for work.  His office will be in the Franklin area but he wants to live close to/in downtown Nashville.

Any recommendations on areas/specific apartments or really anything else that he should be paying attention to?

TIA!
Good talk.

TIA!
Good talk.
Bring :moneybag:

I live in Franklin. Only about 25 minutes to downtown (morning traffic about 35). My brother in law is a Metro cop, I'll ask him where to stay away from.  It used to be the East side was a little sketchy, but what do I know.

Renting or buying?

I live in Franklin. Only about 25 minutes to downtown (morning traffic about 35). My brother in law is a Metro cop, I'll ask him where to stay away from.  It used to be the East side was a little sketchy, but what do I know.

Renting or buying?
Look at the rich guy! I'm in Hendersonville 

Thanks guys... renting for sure to start.  We’re headed down Feb 1 to scout things out.  Anything you can relay would be awesome.

Renting or buying?
Hillsboro Village area - near Belmont  - is close to 440 and could serve as a middle spot between the two areas. It's close to Vandy, West End and the scene there but offers access to the interstate for a quick commute to Franklin.

Then he came back with:

Avoid:  Antioch, East Nasty, North Nashville and Madison.

Good:  West N., Bellevue, Green Hills, Belle Meade, and maybe Heritage.

Good Luck.

TIA!
The trendiest areas right next to downtown are going to be around the Capitol View area. At CV and then all around the city center, there are tons of residential high rises with space available right now, probably 10-15 minute walk to where the downtown action is. He's lucky to be moving in before Amazon employees do!

Germantown is just a stone's throw farther out, maybe 10 minutes walking further than CV, right next to the farmer's market and minor league baseball stadium, has some good eats and watering holes. Has been gentrified, abuts a bit rougher part of town.

Moving further down Broadway to Midtown puts you between downtown and Vanderbilt campus. Many fun diversions up and down Division and Demonbreun. Moving on down West End puts you quite a bit away from downtown as far as going there with a ton of frequency, but it's still within the circle of Interstates that most locals would consider being "close to downtown."

East Nashville is Germantown minus a few years. Has very trendy areas amid some rougher. Honestly though, I VERY rarely feel unsafe in Germantown or East Nashville.

I'm sure most of the above is just ghastly, wildly expensive, but not sure about a young, single guy starting a career. Might be quite doable still.

Once you get outside of this immediate area, cost-of-living is much easier (although still high), and there are gems of neighborhoods all over. I am particularly fond of the Nashville West and Donelson areas, but those are nowhere close to "living downtown." I currently live in Hendersonville, 20 miles north of the city, and have a 35-50 minute daily commute each way.

The trendiest areas right next to downtown are going to be around the Capitol View area. At CV and then all around the city center, there are tons of residential high rises with space available right now, probably 10-15 minute walk to where the downtown action is. He's lucky to be moving in before Amazon employees do!

Germantown is just a stone's throw farther out, maybe 10 minutes walking further than CV, right next to the farmer's market and minor league baseball stadium, has some good eats and watering holes. Has been gentrified, abuts a bit rougher part of town.

Moving further down Broadway to Midtown puts you between downtown and Vanderbilt campus. Many fun diversions up and down Division and Demonbreun. Moving on down West End puts you quite a bit away from downtown as far as going there with a ton of frequency, but it's still within the circle of Interstates that most locals would consider being "close to downtown."

East Nashville is Germantown minus a few years. Has very trendy areas amid some rougher. Honestly though, I VERY rarely feel unsafe in Germantown or East Nashville.

I'm sure most of the above is just ghastly, wildly expensive, but not sure about a young, single guy starting a career. Might be quite doable still.

Once you get outside of this immediate area, cost-of-living is much easier (although still high), and there are gems of neighborhoods all over. I am particularly fond of the Nashville West and Donelson areas, but those are nowhere close to "living downtown." I currently live in Hendersonville, 20 miles north of the city, and have a 35-50 minute daily commute each way.
Thank you... MUCH appreciated!

I think he's focusing on Gulch/North Gulch, Music Row and East Midtown... I've added CV and Germantown to his list :)  

The parent in me wants to sway him to look outside the city from a cost/budget perspective, but I have to admit that if he can swing it :moneybag: wise, it would be super cool as a single  20-somethnig to live downtown.

Aha, North Gulch pretty much is the Capitol View area. But yes, the Gulch is a good inclusion, should not be skipped. East Midtown and Music Row is the Division/Demonbreun area I was talking about.

Best of luck to your son, Nashville right now is an exciting place to be starting your adult life.

Then he came back with:

Avoid:  Antioch, East Nasty, North Nashville and Madison.

Good:  West N., Bellevue, Green Hills, Belle Meade, and maybe Heritage.

Good Luck.
This has been the case for the last 30 years, if not longer. I'm assuming he means Hermitage and West End though? I lived out in both Bellevue and Hermitage areas. They are very safe but are also almost suburban communities. 

Germantown used to be a really rough part of town. There were a couple of restaurants that I remember enjoying but it was often sketchy. There was that mall down that way and I'd get art house films there for midnight shows. It all closed down awhile back though.

I tend to take an expansive view when it comes to getting to downtown. West End Ave and Hillsboro Rd make it really easy to get to/from downtown in those neighborhoods. 

Just returned from Nashville to apartment hunt and see the city.  Really cool vibe there... I know he'll love it.  Wife and I really liked it too.  He settled on the North Gulch/Capital View area.  Pretty much every area was pricey, but we found a good place at a decent price.  Was interesting that someone told us "nobody is from Nashville".  We probably me 3 dozen people from Michigan. :)   The talent there for a 23 year old is great too! ;)  

Just returned from Nashville to apartment hunt and see the city.  Really cool vibe there... I know he'll love it.  Wife and I really liked it too.  He settled on the North Gulch/Capital View area.  Pretty much every area was pricey, but we found a good place at a decent price.  Was interesting that someone told us "nobody is from Nashville".  We probably me 3 dozen people from Michigan. :)   The talent there for a 23 year old is great too! ;)  
Great city if you're young and love the big city with a small town vibe.  Most of us who grew up in the area live well outside of town in the suburbs. Not the same place many of us grew up around, but it's still a great city. I live about 20 minutes north of town but only go into the city a few times a year.  Fortunately, I also work a few miles north of town. 

Awesome! Got everything you need in that area on a day-to-day basis with the new Publix in the parking garage complex.

Great city if you're young and love the big city with a small town vibe.  Most of us who grew up in the area live well outside of town in the suburbs. Not the same place many of us grew up around, but it's still a great city. I live about 20 minutes north of town but only go into the city a few times a year. 
Funny you say that (Big city with small town vibe).  We're used to Detroit, which is huge in comparison... was really cool that everything is so close and mostly within walking distance.  Downtown to the Gulch to SoBro to Music Row (and even Vanderbilt) to CapitolView to Germantown (OK... that's a ways out, but still)

Yeah... If I were 23-27 and single, maybe.  Otherwise I'd look in Franklin.
Overcrowded and super expensive in Franklin area now.  That's where most of the stars live. We live in Hendersonville, which is about the same distance from Nashville but on the north side and about 1/3 cheaper. 

Users who are viewing this thread