What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

nationwide Jameson Whiskey shortage (1 Viewer)

grateful zed

Footballguy
Many states are experiencing liquor shortages during the pandemic, according to a report by National Public Radio last year. That’s due to supply chain issues, like increased shipping costs, but also because producers have to anticipate demand many years in advance.

https://www.news-journal.com/whiskey-ditched-western-montana-bars-completely-out-of-jameson-irish-whiskey/article_94a7e4a1-e782-57f1-a03f-5a688d0a0c55.html

https://www.nola.com/gambit/news/the_latest/article_0240dab0-7961-11ec-9844-972b64abd4ed.html

i hope this doesnt start a domino effect for all irish whiskeys.

people drinking different labels will put unpredicted supply demands on all brands.

when Jameson does come back guess what?  +$$$

I don't understand why anyone outside of Ireland drinks it. I guess I understand why they drink it now, but not 100%. They are Irish, it's Irish whiskey, but Scotland is right there. It's like eating at McDonald's because your grew up on it, even tho there's a Shake Shack across the street. 

Anyway, in NYC, Jameson has been out for at least two months. Most Cognac is out of stock, the ones that matter anyway, and Casamigos wasn't around for months. I heard they couldn't get glass bottles (supply chain) but I don't know if that's true. 

Yellow Spot. Way better
Grab any of the spots you can (it’s like the colored dots we had :lmao: ). Seriously though, Blue Spot is freaking incredible whiskey and I can’t wait to break back open my bottle on St. Patrick’s Day.

Other Irish to be on the lookout for:

- Teeling

- Connemara (peated)

- Tullamore Dew

- And saving the best for last - Redbreast 12 and my personal favorite Irish bottle (factoring in price too) Redbreast 12 Cask Strength - outstanding!

And Jameson is mostly meh for me.  I have a bottle and it’s ok on the rocks but I get too much of that metallic and artificial vanilla notes drinking it neat.  

AAABatteries said:
Grab any of the spots you can (it’s like the colored dots we had :lmao: ). Seriously though, Blue Spot is freaking incredible whiskey and I can’t wait to break back open my bottle on St. Patrick’s Day.

- Teeling

- Connemara (peated)

- Tullamore Dew

- And saving the best for last - Redbreast 12 and my personal favorite Irish bottle (factoring in price too) Redbreast 12 Cask Strength - outstanding!
Play in a holiday golf tournament with 30 or so amigos. On almost every tee box is a bottle of Redbreast 12 waiting…

AAABatteries said:

- Teeling

- Connemara (peated)

- Tullamore Dew

Were a redbreast family as well. 

I haven't noticed this in the Bay Area yet, is this a recent thing, like the past week or so?

I think as others have stated, good thing there are still a lot of better whiskies available.   I really won't miss the Jameson's, even though its usually a go to shooter on the golf course

Users who are viewing this thread