What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA BTTF III - Draft Over! War of attrition underway... (1 Viewer)

On second thought, this seems like an excellent way to keep me from ending up with Al Harrington as my starting shooting guard. I'm ALL IN.

I think we could pull it off in a thread.

Have 20 or so players "on the board" at one time, open bidding, each bid on a player resets the clock. If a player goes however long without a bid (24 hours, 12 hours, w/e), the person with the highest bid gets him and nominates the next player. Could do that for until everyone has 5 players (or 7 or 10 or w/e), and then draft the rest.

I agree with Eephus, would be a very fun :tfp:
Still think this way would be better, but whatever works.
I agree but you need software for this. If you can find a free site that can handle this, I'm all for it.

Mr Harrrrrrier ran a football slow auction using some site way back in the day when Dominick Williams was still Dominick Davis. Owners treated it like an eBay auction and waited until the timer was running down before bumping bids, so some players stayed on the board for a long time.
Didn't we do something similar back at BBT? Each player had a thread where we posted bids and we ended auctions at a set time.

Jethro texted a pic of his BBT T-shirt the other day, started to get a little dusty when I saw it
Domination Has Never Been So Easy

GB Hoss :deadhorse:

What if we shortened it up? 5 days, 72 players

That's 3 players per team if it were all evened out.

Then, roll for draft order and award sandwich picks or take away 4th/5th/etc depending on how many players each team landed.

Eephus?
72 auctioned players are fine but I'd be cautious about putting too many players on the block at one time early in the draft. I think it'll take some time for owners to get familiar with the process and for player valuation to settle.

I'm down for whatever, but draft seems easiest.

We generally have the same owners each year so why don't we just do something similar to the "draft wheel" that was tossed around in the NBA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been ####ed by the dice during our three seasons and still think that is the best way to do this league. I'm afraid that this auction nonsense will turn away enough people that we won't be able to have 24 participants.

TRE, when you get back from your well deserved long weekend tomorrow, lets get this going with a dice roll.

Users who are viewing this thread