What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Joe Summer said:
Timmay said:
Are the Trailblazers for real this year? 8 game win streak, they have been beating up on under .500 teams though.
You answered your own question. With so many teams tanking this year, there are going to be a few teams that end up with inflated win totals. The Blazers will come down to earth once they play a few contenders.

I think the Blazers have a nice core group of players, but they are still lacking a true #1 (Aldridge is a #2 and Lillard is nowhere close to Rose/Westbrook/Paul).
Link?

Joe Summer said:
Timmay said:
Are the Trailblazers for real this year? 8 game win streak, they have been beating up on under .500 teams though.
You answered your own question. With so many teams tanking this year, there are going to be a few teams that end up with inflated win totals. The Blazers will come down to earth once they play a few contenders.I think the Blazers have a nice core group of players, but they are still lacking a true #1 (Aldridge is a #2 and Lillard is nowhere close to Rose/Westbrook/Paul).
Link?
I think he's talking about the Knicks and Nets.

hxperson said:
Abraham said:
I don't understand gunz baiting Cappy. The guys who went before and after VO hardly look like rotation guys either. Taking the best option in a crummy draft is not bad.
Yeah I don't get it either. He's still in his first month in the NBA. Not even Anthony Davis looked good in his first month. Pretty certain every GM in the league would take him over anyone else from the 2013 draft right now, as well as MKG, Waiters, TRob, and most other picks from the much stronger 2012 draft (AD, Lillard, Drummond notwithstanding).

I guess they just have a strong hate on for each other.
Cappy's one of my favorite FBGs of all time. 1/2 the fun of sports is rubbing it in. It's all good fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
SGs for the Eastern conference All-Star team:

Wade

Afflalo

DeRozan

:X
How does Lance Stephenson not make that?
13 PPG from a SG doesn't get you onto the all-star team.
It might if DeRozan is the alternative.

If the Pacers keep winning so many games, he's got a good shot.

Speaking of DeRozan, can you make the AS game as a guy 90% of US fans have never heard of?
The coaches have heard about him. Fans will vote in Wade then the coaches will pick the subs.

Its pretty sad that these guys are even in the discussion.

Whole team does.
Great example of looking at box scores versus actually watching the games. A quick glance at the box score shows Noah as having nearly a triple double and your thinking he had a good game but it came against a front line of Hickson and Mozgov. If this were last year Noah would have ridiculous stat line along lines of 15 points 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, 4 blocks.

As bad as Rose has been, maybe he was right sitting out all last year.

He can't shoot/defend/pass right now. Too bad they still don't have Nate Robinson as an alternative.

SGs for the Eastern conference All-Star team:

Wade

Afflalo

DeRozan

:X
How does Lance Stephenson not make that?
13 PPG from a SG doesn't get you onto the all-star team.
It might if DeRozan is the alternative.

If the Pacers keep winning so many games, he's got a good shot.

Speaking of DeRozan, can you make the AS game as a guy 90% of US fans have never heard of?
Afflalo's an embarrasing name to see up there, but nothing embarrassing about putting up a guy with his statline.

Evan Turner may get some run also.

I hope the Piston fans enjoyed the 0/7, 0 pts. that JSmoove put up tonight, I know I did. :lmao:
:lmao: Beat me to itAcquisition going as well as expected. How does Dumars keep a job?
I feel bad for Cheeks - I have nothing against Detroit but that's a unbelievably selfish team based on what I saw the last two games. The Hawks aren't as talented but play hard and share the ball.

I wouldn't want Jennings or Smith anywhere near my team. And Stuckey seems pretty close.

I hope the Piston fans enjoyed the 0/7, 0 pts. that JSmoove put up tonight, I know I did. :lmao:
:lmao: Beat me to itAcquisition going as well as expected. How does Dumars keep a job?
I wouldn't want Jennings or Smith anywhere near my team.
:goodposting:

I thought the team was trending in right direction with Monroe/Drummond before this offseason's debacle. Just horrible. If they had to make an offseason move (which they certainly didn't need to make a long term committment), Andre Iguodala was the no brainer choice as someone to run an offense through.

They're gonna be forced into dealing one of Monroe/Drummond as a result. I can't see them going another 3+ years of Josh Smith and his $14mil/yr coming off the bench.

Their really aren't many more players in the NBA I dislike more than Josh Smith & Brandon Jennings. You're going absolutely nowhere having these clowns at the forefront of your franchise.

The only people that believe Josh Smith is a very good player (deserving of $14 mil/yr) are the people that watch box scores & not games. Sadly, the bozo making the decisions for the Pistons is one of those. Have fun with those iso-Josh contested 20 footers for the next 3+ years, Joe. Signed yourself a real winner there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saw that Rose hurt his other knee, no contact, had trouble walking. I hope this is not a repeat of last year. His career could be in jeopardy if he injured the other ACL, hopefully he just has a ligament strain.

Marc Gasol has apparently torn his MCL.

They weren't looking so hot to begin with (13th in the league in DR, down from 2nd), but Gasol being out for the year is going to KO them from the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread