What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Basketball Thread - 2022-3 Season (1 Viewer)

Awful job by Clark at the end of the half. Totally careless with the ball that ended up stolen and ignorant of the clock and not getting off a shot.

My daughter started watching some WNBA last year and decided that her favorite team is the Indiana Fever because Aliyah Boston became her favorite player. Can’t wait to give her the Fever jersey we bought her for her birthday this week and get on that train early as she is just about beside herself with the idea of Boston and Clark on the same team. Indiana Fever about to sell a lot of merchandise.

Wonder if Iowa went after any 6'5"+ girls with NIL in the offseason? Size was a big problem for them in the finals last year.

My daughter started watching some WNBA last year and decided that her favorite team is the Indiana Fever because Aliyah Boston became her favorite player. Can’t wait to give her the Fever jersey we bought her for her birthday this week and get on that train early as she is just about beside herself with the idea of Boston and Clark on the same team. Indiana Fever about to sell a lot of merchandise.
Very cool, noticed the Fever has the first pick again. That is a scary inside-outside duo.

SC just destroying Iowa on the boards. Iowa’s only hope was for Clark to remain on fire and rain threes, but they’re ice cold and SC is even draining their threes. The defense on CC has been tremendous.

Sucks for Iowa fans. Transcendent player the likes you’ll never get again and no titles out of it.

Edit: and then you have to go back to watching Iowa football.

Still feels like SC will win with that size and depth but at least this is fun ATM.

SC is loaded - freshmen contributing all over. And they are huge.
They’ve got a few inches in height advantage at every position and they’re so athletic. It’s giving them both the advantage on the defensive end and on the boards on the offensive end. Add in their freshmen cashing 3s at a 50%+ rate and they’re just the better team.

Also, those women on ESPN doing the chatter during the game were awful. No clue who they are, but the jealousy towards Clark just oozed out of them. They can't stand the fact that this woman they obviously don't like is the one who is finally getting more people interested in women's hoops. Nice work as usual by ESPN.

Still feels like SC will win with that size and depth but at least this is fun ATM.

SC is loaded - freshmen contributing all over. And they are huge.
They’ve got a few inches in height advantage at every position and they’re so athletic. It’s giving them both the advantage on the defensive end and on the boards on the offensive end. Add in their freshmen cashing 3s at a 50%+ rate and they’re just the better team.
Dawn Staley is just such an incredible coach to consistently attract the top talent

Congrats to S. Carolina. The better team won.

With that said, Clark is on another level. Skills/stats aside, she turned my wife and daughter (who is soph at Iowa) into diehard college bb fans. I'll forever treasure being able to watch these games with them. Never had that type of sports connection with either of them before and I wouldn't trade it for anything (even the national title).

Yes. USC takes another one, I didn't expect this with 5 new starters. I personally watch way more women's college basketball than men's for about the last 4-5 seasons.

Watching NC State play USC, I thought it was obvious why they were undefeated -- they were much better than any other team in WCBB. Starters are great, but they are also ridiculously deep.

After State's game, I figured USC was going to defeat either Iowa or UConn handily. Kudos to them for building what might be the next generation's UConn (in WCBB).

That said, I suspect the NIL and transfer portal developments will make it harder for Staley to dominate recruiting (including portal recruiting) in the way that she has in recent years. It seems that a number of players on USC this season who were role players or even starters but with lesser roles might have been star players elsewhere. Will be interesting to see if she can continue building rosters this great.

Watching NC State play USC, I thought it was obvious why they were undefeated -- they were much better than any other team in WCBB. Starters are great, but they are also ridiculously deep.

After State's game, I figured USC was going to defeat either Iowa or UConn handily. Kudos to them for building what might be the next generation's UConn (in WCBB).

That said, I suspect the NIL and transfer portal developments will make it harder for Staley to dominate recruiting (including portal recruiting) in the way that she has in recent years. It seems that a number of players on USC this season who were role players or even starters but with lesser roles might have been star players elsewhere. Will be interesting to see if she can continue building rosters this great.
I agree will be interesting. NIL era has engendered lots of negatives imo, but I'm hopeful it will lead to more competitive balance in the long run.

Clark is a great player, the best one on the floor. Problem for Iowa was the next 5-6 best players were on SC. SC had too many talented players plus the big woman is intimidating.

SC was too big down low, way to many second and third shots and easy put backs. Plus half of Clarks teammates could not handle perfect passes.

Bottom line is take away SC best player and they still might be there, take way Clark and Iowa is a 500 team at best.

Last edited:
So do we all go back to not caring about NCAAW bball anymore?

It won't be the same without Clark but ESPN and the networks will shove it down our throats and try to tell us otherwise.
Maybe. Clark is obviously amazing, but there has been a lot of new talent coming up the last few years. Will be interesting to see how much this translates to the WNBA

I'm not a huge fan of most pro women's sports aside from tennis so I'm probably not the person to ask. I imagine she props up WNBA interest the first year and then it eventually dies down to normal levels

Can’t believe Clingan is a projected top 10 pick. I mean, I get the upside of it all defensively. But he’s sooooooo far from contributing in the NBA offensively that I’m sick if my team burns a high pick, potentially even top 5, on him.
Hasheem Thabeet 2.0

Heckuva run by the Wolfpack. Just didn't have it today.
I know there was probably no way to overcome the Edey foul tax no matter what they did, but IMO, leaving Burns on the bench for so long was malpractice by Keatts.
Congratulations, Burns didn't foul out. But almost every 2nd half minute he logged was when the game was over.

Worst case if Burns fouls out......you get maximum time with your best player on the court, and then Middlebrooks has to finish it out. If that doesn't work, so be it, you gave it your best shot.

Keatts says why not just play Middlebrooks all game and then when the game's over, we'll bring Burns back in so he can finish the game with 3 fouls and no impact on the outcome. Brilliant!
Edey shot two free throws the entire game…what are you talking about?????

Users who are viewing this thread