What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need a little help on D (1 Viewer)

dlptown

Footballguy
I have Polamalu and A Wilson at DB, but need another, but am light on the line with Henderson, KGB and Rice. I need another LB as well having Morrison and Barnett- I already cut Spikes forgetting about his position shift.

I missed out on Ryans as we have a hold on acquisitions until after Week 1 and go reverse draft order for pick-ups....

Any solid plays out there under the radar- 13 team, 30 roster, 2 starts at each D.

I have Polamalu and A Wilson at DB, but need another, but am light on the line with Henderson, KGB and Rice. I need another LB as well having Morrison and Barnett- I already cut Spikes forgetting about his position shift.

I missed out on Ryans as we have a hold on acquisitions until after Week 1 and go reverse draft order for pick-ups....

Any solid plays out there under the radar- 13 team, 30 roster, 2 starts at each D.
That's a very broad question.You'll get better answers if you provide us some possibilities to choose from and a scoring system on which to base our decisions.

That's a very broad question.
I think it was rhetorical. :confused:

oops, a little fast on the send........

DL- Alex Brown, B Young, Geathers, Seymour ( #'s are always shaky)

LB- Hayes, Scott, Pollack (got burned on him last year), Sims, Fujita

DB- Brown Stl (?) Adams SF-looks good, McGee Buf

oops, a little fast on the send........DL- Alex Brown, B Young, Geathers, Seymour ( #'s are always shaky)LB- Hayes, Scott, Pollack (got burned on him last year), Sims, FujitaDB- Brown Stl (?) Adams SF-looks good, McGee Buf
Big points for sacks so I'd consider dropping Henderson for Brown, but it's early yet and Brown is dinged. I'd wait a week and hope someone else declares himself this week.I like Hayes, Sims, and Scott in that order. Not very confident Smith sees another week like that again.I'd rather have McGee over Adams, unless you don't get as many relative points for picks and PD, then you might take a flyer on Adams.

What about your recommendation on T. Hali from KC? Would he fare better than Brown?

Thanks for the help!

What about your recommendation on T. Hali from KC? Would he fare better than Brown?Thanks for the help!
I think so. Brown just never seems to finish a play.I think Hali is at the tipping point. He's the kind of guy you wait to have a big week, then get fussy when you lose him to someone else on the wire. He played on heck of a game, although quietly, against one of the best OL in the league. 3-4-0 with a drawn holding penalty against Willie Anderson, one of the better pass blocking RT in the game.Moving on Hali is a little dependent on your league -- will they react to a shark game like that one or do they have to see a Brian Young/Justin Smith line to move on a guy? What would trouble you more -- waiting an extra week or two on Hali and losing him or grabbing him now and potentially watch him struggle against a decent line in Denver then sit on bye in week 3?Arguments for both.

Thanks for the reply. What's your opinion of Pollack? I imagine that he is listed as DL in my AOL league, but is he playing a hybrid/"elephant" role? His numbers were pretty lousy last year, even accounting for a brief injury in the beginning of the year.

Any thoughts?

I am going to go pick up Hali now, thanks.

Thanks for the reply. What's your opinion of Pollack? I imagine that he is listed as DL in my AOL league, but is he playing a hybrid/"elephant" role? His numbers were pretty lousy last year, even accounting for a brief injury in the beginning of the year.Any thoughts?I am going to go pick up Hali now, thanks.
He's a pure OLB for now and has little value. Between scheme and injury issues, Pollack hasn't realized his potential yet. Even a possible move to a 3-4 next season won't help his value at all.

Users who are viewing this thread