What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEED OPINIONS (expert or not) (1 Viewer)

boom king

Footballguy
hey hey, that time of the year...

we have a 12 team 5X5 roto league that has a pretty unique keeper system. basically each year we get $18 to spend on our keepers. each year a player is kept, his value increases by $2. therefore putting the higher priced players back into the draft every couple of years...

so here is my question, who do i keep? i won the league last year, so i will be drafting 12th in a serpentine style draft. ive bolded my initial ideas... any help is appreciated!

'08 $ - player

7-Jimmy Rollins(Phi - SS)

7-Alfonso Soriano(ChC – OF)

7-Travis Hafner(Cle - 1B)

6-Joe Mauer(Min - C)

5-Prince Fielder(Mil - 1B)

5-Roy Oswalt(Hou - SP)

5-Aramis Ramírez(ChC - 3B)

5-Manny Ramírez(Bos - OF)

4-Jermaine Dye(CWS - OF)

4-Barry Zito(SF - SP)

4-John Smoltz(Atl - SP)

4-Brad Lidge(Hou - RP)

3-Takashi Saito(LAD - RP)

3-Kei Igawa(NYY - SP)

2-B.J. Upton(TB - 2B,3B,OF)

2-Homer Bailey(Cin - SP)

2-Matt Garza(Min - SP)

2-Jacque Jones(ChC - OF)

1-Jayson Werth(Phi - OF)

1-Brett Tomko(SD - SP,RP)

1-Jason Hammel(TB - SP,RP)

1-Jeff Suppan(Mil - SP)

1-Jarrod Saltalamacchia(Tex - C,1B)

1-Michael Bourn(Phi - OF)

1-Brian Bannister(KC - SP)

Wow Boom, your team was stacked last year!

Prince is a guaranteed keeper. You stole upton for that price so I would keep him. I like Smoltz and if you league is weighted towards pitchers I would definately keep him. If not Soriano would be my third.

What was your salary cap for the league?

Wow Boom, your team was stacked last year!

Prince is a guaranteed keeper. You stole upton for that price so I would keep him. I like Smoltz and if you league is weighted towards pitchers I would definately keep him. If not Soriano would be my third.

What was your salary cap for the league?
$18

Boom your keepers look about right.

Without a plethora of cheap talent, you are forced to keep a $7 Rollins.......and thats not a bad thing

I just can't see any $1 players that scream KEEP ME!!!!!

But if I had to, I would keep A-Ram instead of Rollins and include Bourn(SB Stud) and

forget it, you don't have enough $1 talent to make this work

Stick with Rollins...........your keepers look fine.

explain to me how you have auction values in a serpentine draft?
this is an auction league. these are just the values of the players based on where they were drafted, (1st round is $5, 2nd-5th round is $4, and so on) undrafted free-agents can be kept for a $1 the next season. we have a normal draft, but every player is designated with a $ value for keeper reasons only.

Wow Boom, your team was stacked last year! Prince is a guaranteed keeper. You stole upton for that price so I would keep him. I like Smoltz and if you league is weighted towards pitchers I would definately keep him. If not Soriano would be my third.What was your salary cap for the league?
i sold ALL of my cheap talent to non-contenders so i could make a run at a championship run...(gallardo, bedard, and a couple more i cant think of)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go Maurer, Ramirez, Upton, and Fielder. Get pitching in the draft.
mauer? really? do you think hes gonna bounce back this year? $6 is alot for a question mark like that, i think. (but i guess smoltz is about 58 years old)*but i do agree with pitching in the draft..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd keepRollins - 7Fielder - 5Saito - 3Upton - 2Bourn - 1:excited:
good thing i got so damn long to figure this out... is bourn gonna start?
yeah and hit leadoff. If he can develop a batting eye and get on base at a better clip than he's shown in the past, I think he'll be a great value this year. He has Mastui, Berkman, Lee, Tejada and Pence hitting behind him in a very hitters friendly park. I know that's a big if.....but I think .290 average with 35 steals, 100 runs are well within reach this year. I'm thinking Dave Roberts-lite here...If it were me and I could keep possibly 85-100 sb's, 85-110 hr's, and a great closer, I think that's a pretty good start to the draft.

guru_007 said:
boom king said:
guru_007 said:
I'd keepRollins - 7Fielder - 5Saito - 3Upton - 2Bourn - 1:shrug:
good thing i got so damn long to figure this out... is bourn gonna start?
yeah and hit leadoff. If he can develop a batting eye and get on base at a better clip than he's shown in the past, I think he'll be a great value this year. He has Mastui, Berkman, Lee, Tejada and Pence hitting behind him in a very hitters friendly park. I know that's a big if.....but I think .290 average with 35 steals, 100 runs are well within reach this year. I'm thinking Dave Roberts-lite here...If it were me and I could keep possibly 85-100 sb's, 85-110 hr's, and a great closer, I think that's a pretty good start to the draft.
well you ARE the guru...

Users who are viewing this thread