What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Netflix makes a movie about Sean Payton's Bountygate suspension (1 Viewer)

ignatiusjreilly

Footballguy
The Internet is collectively dunking on the trailer for this movie, and deservedly so. Good Lord! Why wouldn't they just use the Payton thing as an inspiration and fictionalize the story?

There are so many things wrong with it, but one of the most minor things that for some reason bugs me to no end: At the beginning of the clip, Payton's assistant says, "There's a Mr. 'GOO-dell' on the phone." Why are you acting like you read his name off a paper and have no idea how it's pronounced, considering that you just spoke to Goodell on the phone, where he presumably pronounced his own name correctly?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Internet is collectively dunking on the trailer for this movie, and deservedly so. Good Lord! Why wouldn't they just use the Payton thing as an inspiration and fictionalize the story?

There are so many things wrong with it, but one of the most minor things that for some reason bugs me to no end: At the beginning of the clip, Payton's assistant says, "There's a Mr. 'GOO-dell' on the phone." Why are you acting like you read his name off a paper and have no idea how it's pronounced, considering that you just spoke to Goodell on the phone, where he presumably pronounced his own name correctly?
man i agree and i am not sure what is worse someone pretending they dont know how to pronounce a name or someone pretending they cant understand why a comedy show would employ such a device take that to the bank bromigo 

Nothing like intentionally attempting to injure others with bounties to inspire the kids.

Also, are Kevin James and Sean Payton long-lost brothers?  The resemblance is...something.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming release of Mein Kampf. Vince Vaughn plays Hitler, who takes advantage of the rough Russian winter to focus on getting his dogs ready for the Berliner Show Dog competition. Hijinx ensues.
I was going to joke that they could do one about John Rocker, but then I remembered they already did, except they had the good sense to fictionalize the story and it was ####### amazing.

The Internet is collectively dunking on the trailer for this movie, and deservedly so. Good Lord! Why wouldn't they just use the Payton thing as an inspiration and fictionalize the story?

Your first link leads to the Bryce Gowdy story. Maybe I'm missing something there, but it doesn't seem to be dunking on the trailer, or at least, that's not its main thrust. 

The concept of the Kevin James comedy looks pretty bad, but you never know what America will eat up. That looks like it will appeal to certain fans of Kevin James's previous "work." 

This movie's preview makes the Kurt Warner bio-pic look like Citizen Kane.

This movie looks like Citizen Kane compared to the Kurt Warner bio-pic preview.

Okay some of my favorite comments so far :

1.) Whoever is last in your fantasy league has to watch it.
2.)  Is Gilbert Gottfried playing Drew Brees?
3.) Unless this movie is the origin story for what kinda $hit Taysom has on Payton, nobody cares 

I'm not gonna lie, I too have wondered what Taysom Hill has on Sean Payton, it's got to be pretty spectacular.

Okay some of my favorite comments so far :

1.) Whoever is last in your fantasy league has to watch it.
2.)  Is Gilbert Gottfried playing Drew Brees?
3.) Unless this movie is the origin story for what kinda $hit Taysom has on Payton, nobody cares 

I'm not gonna lie, I too have wondered what Taysom Hill has on Sean Payton, it's got to be pretty spectacular.
I also loved "Being portrayed by Kevin James is the final step in Sean Payton's Bountygate punishment"

When I saw the trailer, I honestly thought it was a joke.  I didn't think that it was seriously a movie that they made.

Wow... that's all I can say.

FWIW, the movie barely touches on BountyGate at all. It seems to be just a framing device. Otherwise, the movie seems to draw more from stuff like Little Giants and The Sandlot. With a pinch of Adam Sandler's Grown Ups franchise thrown in.

Users who are viewing this thread