What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New mock draft (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5329722

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB USC

New head coach Gary Kubiak was interested in Vince Young, but the management still believes in David Carr. The two sides have agreed to a contract extension making Bush to the Texans almost a foregone conclusion. The USC speed-burner gives the Texans the best chance to improve right now.

2. New Orleans Saints - Matt Leinart, QB USC

This is a franchise in need of stability and a sure-thing. Leinart provides both.

3. Tennessee Titans - Vince Young, QB Texas

The situation is almost too perfect. His mentor Steve McNair comes back for one more year giving offensive coordinator Norm Chow a season to work on Young's mechanics. New Orleans is going to think long and hard about the possibilities of taking the Longhorn star.

4. New York Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

They desperately want a young, non-Chad Pennington quarterback to build around, but the big two won't slide. Expect this to be the hot spot for trade talks.

5. Green Bay Packers - LenDale White, RB USC

Do you honestly believe the Packers are going to pin the hopes of their running game on Sam Gado? DeAngelo Williams will be tempting, but White provides more power.

6. Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams, DE NC State

Al Davis would love to take A.J. Hawk here, but Williams will be far too good to pass up.

7. San Francisco 49ers - Michael Huff, DB Texas

Huff solves a lot of problems for the porous Niner secondary. He'll start out at cornerback out of need, but he'll eventually be a star at safety.

8. Buffalo Bills - A.J. Hawk, LB Ohio State

His combine numbers will be off the charts and might even end up in the top five. Buffalo won't stay here. It needs offensive line help and will move down to get it.

9. Detroit Lions - Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt

Joey Harrington might become a Jet. Detroit needs someone to get the ball to all the great receiving talent, and while Cutler might not be anything special, he's an upgrade over the current situation.

10. Arizona Cardinals - Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota

Like Buffalo, don't be shocked if Arizona trades down to load up on offensive linemen, or tries to move up to get Ferguson. J.J. Arrington and Marcel Shipp aren't the answer for the running game so Maroney, Williams, or if available, White, is the need pick. If Cutler falls, he's going here.

11. St. Louis Rams - Chad Greenway, LB Iowa

Greenway will be way too strong a prospect after the combines to fall any further.

12. Cleveland Browns - Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon

While not a need pick, head coach Romeo Crenel and his staff would love to have the best tackle in the draft fall this far. Wait and see how Kellen Winslow is progressing; Maryland's Vernon Davis might be a need pick.

13. Baltimore Ravens - DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

Will combine with Mark Clayton and Todd Heap to give Kyle Boller a fearsome array of weapons. Maroney and White could go here.

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Williams, CB/S Virginia Tech

The Eagles will like Williams' versatility in the secondary, but will eventually groom him for safety.

15. Atlanta Falcons - Winston Justice, OT USC

Not a need, but the athletic tackle will have a hard time falling out of the top 15.

16. Miami Dolphins - Mathias Kiwanuka, DE Boston College

The possibilities of a pass-rushing tandem of Jason Taylor and Kiwanuka, even though he needs work, will be too fantastic to pass up.

17. Minnesota Vikings - Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

The Vikings need more offensive weapons to help start putting points back on the board.

18. Dallas Cowboys - Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

In a horrible draft for receivers, Holmes will stand out. Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn are getting old.

19. San Diego Chargers - Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida State

Paired with Shawne Merriman, San Diego will have the makings of a scary good young line.

20. Kansas City Chiefs - Kamerion Wimbley, DE Florida State

The Chiefs need a receiver, but there won't be a worthy one available. More defensive playmakers are always needed around KC.

21. New England Patriots - Tamba Hali, DE Penn State

His stock shot up even more after Senior Bowl week. The Patriots could stand to get a little younger up front.

22. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Chad Jackson, WR Florida

Rod Smith doesn't have too much longer to go and Ashley Lelie can't seem to become a true No. 1.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Eric Winston, OT Miami (FL)

While he's not a sure-thing, he's a need pick for the Bucs.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

USC's Dominique Byrd could go here to give fellow Trojan Carson Palmer another great weapon. Cincinnati badly needs a tight end.

25. New York Giants - DeMeco Ryans, LB Alabama

He fits. He's a rock solid prospect with great leadership skills.

26. Chicago Bears - Tye Hill, CB Clemson

The Bears would love to move Charles Tillman to safety. Steve Smith and Carolina showed how much the Bears need a shut-down corner.

27. Carolina Panthers - Dominique Byrd, TE USC

After impressing the scouts, Byrd is sure to go somewhere late in round one. Carolina could use another weapon to take the heat off Steve Smith.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars - John McCargo, DT NC State

Jacksonville needs more strength up front and could go McCargo, LSU Claude Wroten, or Miami's Orien Harris.

29. Denver Broncos - Leonard Pope, TE Georgia

After going after a wide receiver with its first pick, Denver will get a big, young tight end who doesn't necessarily fit its style, but will be too intriguing to pass up.

30. Indianapolis Colts - Derek Hagan, WR Arizona State

The Colts will re-sign Reggie Wayne, and although Hagan was mediocre in Senior Bowl practices, he provides a good young prospect for Peyton Manning to work with.

31. Seattle Seahawks - Thomas Howard, LB UTEP

A physical freak of nature, Howard allows the Seattle coaching staff a lot of flexibility providing more size to the linebacking corps.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ernie Sims, LB Florida State

A corner like Ashton Youboty or Kelly Jennings would be nice, but you can never have too many speedy linebackers in the 3-4. Sims will run too well to fall out of the first round.

The Colts will re-sign Reggie Wayne, and although Hagan was mediocre in Senior Bowl practices, he provides a good young prospect for Peyton Manning to work with.
If the Colts draft a WR in the 1st round after signing Wayne and letting go of Edge, I think the city will burn down the Colts' complex in anger and frustration. :onlyexaggeratingalittle:

If the Rams don't trade up to get Hawk, I think Greenway would be an excellent addition. His knee injury in 2002 is something to look at, but he's shown no ill effects of it in my opinion since he played every game from 03-05. He's smart, quick (4.55 in the 40), and he's got good size (6'2, 242) for an OLB. Some say he lacks lower body strength and needs to work on his quickness when it comes to beating the block, but both of those things are something that can be learned and Chad's got the intellegence and the tools to do it, I think.

If the Colts draft a WR in the 1st round after signing Wayne and letting go of Edge, I think the city will burn down the Colts' complex in anger and frustration. :onlyexaggeratingalittle:
I'm trying to figure out why this didn't happen years ago. :Dallas Clark: Polian hasn't been exactly stellar in that first round as many seem to give him credit for.

His stock shot up even more after Senior Bowl week. The Patriots could stand to get a little younger up front.

The Patriots could stand to get a little yonger up front? Are you kidding? :lmao:

Vince Wilfork is 24, Ty Warren is 25 and Richard Seymour is 26.

One position the Pats DO NOT need to get younger at is D-line. Next mock you do, try finding an RB, LB or DB for the Pats at #21.

If Green Bay takes Lendale White, I may never watch another Packer game again. They have no linebackers, and very few defensive ends. Hence, anything other than AJ Hawk or Mario Williams and I'm not happy.

The Patriots could stand to get a little yonger up front? Are you kidding? :lmao:

One position the Pats DO NOT need to get younger at is D-line. Next mock you do, try finding an RB, LB or DB for the Pats at #21.
My thoughts exactly. The Pats will take the best player on their board. I just hope his name is Maroney, Hawk or Greenway. He's the only back I see falling that far, but toget the other two I want they'll have to move up.

Huff solves a lot of problems for the porous Niner secondary. He'll start out at cornerback out of need, but he'll eventually be a star at safety.
As a niner fan, i could definetly live with this..... :thumbup: If the niners don't draft him at 6/7, when will he be drafted? Would the niners be able to trade down, pickup another pick and still beable to grab Huff? Then grab griffin in the 2nd round?

Last edited by a moderator:

I didn't understand that comment either. Add in Jarvis Green and age is not a factor with that unit (Hill is young also but has been MIA to date). Now depth is a definite factor because after the top four it gets real thin real quickly. While you can never go wrong drafting a D lineman early (like pitching you can never have enough) I'd rather they add some ready to play veterans that come at team friendly contracts to add depth and rotation help. While I would not be shocked if they use a #1 on a D lineman I would be suprprised because they have other areas with more immediate concerns like safety, CB, Rb and Wr.One thing to watch though is Seymour's contract situation. If the Pats feel they can not extend him than a pick like this makes a ton more sense.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars - John McCargo, DT NC StateJacksonville needs more strength up front and could go McCargo, LSU Claude Wroten, or Miami's Orien Harris.
Wow, this is sad. So the Jags need another DT? Stroud and Henderson aren't enough. :thumbdown:

This is EXACTLY what I was going to post!

19. San Diego Chargers - Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida StatePaired with Shawne Merriman, San Diego will have the makings of a scary good young line.
Shawn Merriman - rookie of the year last year (first rounder from NY Giants)Luis Castillo - rookie last year (first rounder)Jamal Williams - 8 years in the league, signed through 2010. (supplemental draft)Chargers play a 3-4.Don't think the Chargers need a D lineman in the first round.

Whew, I don't even know where to start with that thing. For every good idea, there are 3-4 bad ones.
I stopped reading at Maroney over DeAngelo Williams.This guy s a ####### ######.

Maybe this clown was thinking Hali could project to a 3-4 OLB. He probably has the athleticism to do it. He's what, 265? What are Willie McGinnest and Roosevelt Colvin?

Hali doesnt have the size to play a 3-4 down lineman.

I agree with the comment that for every good pick this guy made, there were 3-4 bad ones.

Paired with Shawne Merriman, San Diego will have the makings of a scary good young line.
Shawn Merriman - rookie of the year last year (first rounder from NY Giants)Luis Castillo - rookie last year (first rounder)

Jamal Williams - 8 years in the league, signed through 2010. (supplemental draft)

Chargers play a 3-4.

Don't think the Chargers need a D lineman in the first round.
Merriman plays OLB.

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB USCNew head coach Gary Kubiak was interested in Vince Young, but the management still believes in David Carr. The two sides have agreed to a contract extension making Bush to the Texans almost a foregone conclusion. The USC speed-burner gives the Texans the best chance to improve right now.
oh really?? despite owing big time bucks to dom davis,they'll STILL take Bush at #1?!?!? only a handful of NFL rb's are better than davis is right now...Kubiak is a master of taking retread or no name rbs and making pro bowlers out of them..i don't think they NEED to take bush..kubiaks offense doesn't work without a solid line..david carr is a great astronomer, since he's been on his back looking up at the sky ever since he put on a houston uniform..i'd bet the ranch the texans trade down and take brick ferguson and build up the oline..one scenario is possibly trading down to Tenn's spot at #3..

1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush, RB USC

New head coach Gary Kubiak was interested in Vince Young, but the management still believes in David Carr. The two sides have agreed to a contract extension making Bush to the Texans almost a foregone conclusion. The USC speed-burner gives the Texans the best chance to improve right now.
oh really?? despite owing big time bucks to dom davis,they'll STILL take Bush at #1?!?!? only a handful of NFL rb's are better than davis is right now...Kubiak is a master of taking retread or no name rbs and making pro bowlers out of them..i don't think they NEED to take bush..kubiaks offense doesn't work without a solid line..david carr is a great astronomer, since he's been on his back looking up at the sky ever since he put on a houston uniform..

i'd bet the ranch the texans trade down and take brick ferguson and build up the oline..one scenario is possibly trading down to Tenn's spot at #3..
:lmao: Here we go again. For the record, I agree they go D;Brick, but thats a huge debate in about 3 other threads

Maybe this clown was thinking Hali could project to a 3-4 OLB. He probably has the athleticism to do it. He's what, 265? What are Willie McGinnest and Roosevelt Colvin?

Hali doesnt have the size to play a 3-4 down lineman.
That could be the case. Colvin, Big Willie, Vrabel and Bruschi were all DE's in college (as were Banta-Cain and Beisel). As for size:Willie-270

Colvin-250

Vrabel-261

Bruschi-248

If Green Bay takes Lendale White, I may never watch another Packer game again. They have no linebackers, and very few defensive ends. Hence, anything other than AJ Hawk or Mario Williams and I'm not happy.
:goodposting:

26. Chicago Bears - Tye Hill, CB ClemsonThe Bears would love to move Charles Tillman to safety. Steve Smith and Carolina showed how much the Bears need a shut-down corner.
The Bears have a shut down corner, his name is Nathan Vasher. Chalk it up to inexplicably horrible coaching that they didnt lock him on Steve Smith. Tillman is your bump & run big WR guy, Vasher is your back pocket little WR guy. Chris Thompson is your... no wait, that guy should never have been on the field, much less covering Steve Smith in a playoff game. Bears should resign Jerry Azumah. They are in pretty good shape at safety without Tillman, and Tillman _can_ play corner if you put him in the situations he is strong at. If Byrd is still on the board, thats the pick. Chicago hasnt had a TE to speak about since Da Coach was just Iron Mike.

The Vikings need more offensive weapons to help start putting points back on the board.
What the hell is this?
No idea...Jermaine Wiggins has done a more than adequate job at TE for MIN
:confused: Wiggins is average and aging.

Davis should be gone in the top 10 picks.

If he falls this far, you Viking fans should be jumping for joy.

Detroit will NOT draft Jay Cutler......I simply don't understand why people keep putting that in their mocks. It will be Harrington, a FA, and Orlovsky.

4. New York Jets - D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT Virginia

They desperately want a young, non-Chad Pennington quarterback to build around, but the big two won't slide. Expect this to be the hot spot for trade talks.
Well, that takes Leinart and his weak arm out of the equation.

12. Cleveland Browns - Haloti Ngata, DT OregonWhile not a need pick, head coach Romeo Crenel and his staff would love to have the best tackle in the draft fall this far. Wait and see how Kellen Winslow is progressing; Maryland's Vernon Davis might be a need pick.
nt is not a need? te? :eek:

This just may be the worst mock in the history of mocks.

5. Green Bay Packers - LenDale White, RB USC

6. Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams, DE NC State

10. Arizona Cardinals - Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota

13. Baltimore Ravens - DeAngelo Williams, RB Memphis

14. Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Williams, CB/S Virginia Tech

18. Dallas Cowboys - Santonio Holmes, WR Ohio State

22. Denver Broncos (from Washington) - Chad Jackson, WR Florida

27. Carolina Panthers - Dominique Byrd, TE USC

28. Jacksonville Jaguars - John McCargo, DT NC State

31. Seattle Seahawks - Thomas Howard, LB UTEP

32. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ernie Sims, LB Florida State
15 HORRIBLE picks :thumbdown: :thumbdown: Either for the player going to high or the GM having to be high. DT in Jacksonville? At least it isn't a WR. WR in Indy? At least it isn't a QB. New England doesn't need DL.

Simply horrible.

Davis should be gone in the top 10 picks.

If he falls this far, you Viking fans should be jumping for joy.
Davis better be better than Gonzalez and Gates put together. Tightend is just not that a limited comodity.

:lmao:

OK, so it's not a typical "consensus" draft. But you guys are overreacting. If we've learned one thing each and every off-season. No draft goes as predicted.

OK, so it's not a typical "consensus" draft. But you guys are overreacting. If we've learned one thing each and every off-season. No draft goes as predicted.
And we have also learned that some mock drafts carry more merit than others.

Worst mock I have seen by a professional. At least it gave us something to talk about.....maybe that was the intention......

:blackdot:

One year when I have nothing better to do, I am going go back through these threads and specifically point out exactly what these teams DID do in the actual draft that contradicts any of the following draftnik claims:

" there is no way that------- picks _____"

"this is worst mock ever because, he did not pick ------ for my team"

"it does not agree with the other 5,000 mocks floating around the internet'

" the team does not need ____, they need ____-"

"my team never drafts _____in the first round"

"After I saw he picked _____, I did not even bother to read the rest of the mock"

OK, you tell us which of all the mocks put out so far is going to be the right one.

OK, you tell us which of all the mocks put out so far is going to be the right one.
Not this one.

This makes NO sense. :no:

Wilfork

Seymour

Jarvis Green

Ty Warren

Marquis Hill

Seymour is the oldest at 27.

What is this guy smokin'??????

Users who are viewing this thread