What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New to SuperFlex. Need help. Strategy? (1 Viewer)

jts15

Footballguy
Hey Football Guys and Gals,

My commish just made a change to our yearly league by adding a superflex position to our league so we can have a QB in 1 of our flex spots.  How does this change your draft strategy?  I just learned yesterday what superflex is.

I have been using the Draft Dominator app and hoping that will adjust when I put in the new position this year?  I usually wait as long as I can to be the last person to draft a QB and that has served me well but I think that may have to change here. 

Any advice or links to articles is welcome.  Thanks so much!

Head to head 12 team redraft

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, Q/W/R/T, DEF

Limit 5 RBs on roster

25 yds per point passing, 4 point TD

10 yds rushing/receiving, 6 point TD

The first thing you need to do is to check historical scoring to see if QB is the best position to use in the SF spot.  Check the top 50-100 scorers from last year and see if QB's dominate the top of the standings or not.   Just because it is SF doesn't mean QB is the best use of that flex spot.  If the scoring is balanced and doesn't overwhelming favor QB's then there isn't a reason to over-value them.

Once you get a handle as to whether or not QB's are "required" flex spot players then you can adjust accordingly.  If they are the choice then I have found that really reading the draft and getting ahead of QB runs is the best approach.  Your league may have guys that don't force the issue so QB's hang around.  If that is the case you can see how things go and when some of your top tier QB's start to go then you can jump in and make sure you get one of your top tier guys.  You can start that run if you feel strong enough about a particular guy but I am guessing that you aren't that way since you said you are always one of the last to get a QB.  

Figure out your line of no return for the QB's.  Where in the rankings do you draw the line and don't want any QB's beyond that guy?  Monitor the draft and make sure you get a couple guys above that line and try and be in the middle of the QB runs and not at the end (unless your line allows for that).  I also wouldn't go overboard with 5 QB's.  I like to try and get two proven starters and then a high upside young guy as your depth.  Then if he hits you get an improvement.  If not he is fine for bench depth.  

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread