What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

News, Notes, Inactives (W7) (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Dannell Ellerbe and Jameel McClain will be starting inside with Ray Lewis out. There probably won’t be many nickel snaps against Houston, but it’ll be interesting to see whether the Ravens plan to use Brendon Ayanbedejo as a subpackage player this week or in future weeks. Haloti Ngata and Jimmy Smith are both listed questionable.

The Texans used lots of linebacker combinations to try to slow down the Packers last week, but Wade Phillips suggested this week that he still expects Bradie James to see the bulk of the snaps in a near every down role and Tim Dobbins to start in the base defense. Brooks Reed took a few snaps inside in an unusual subpackage look, however, and it’ll be something to keep an eye on today. Johnathan Joseph is listed questionable and may not play.

Scott Fujita is out this week with what could be a season- and career-ending neck injury. James-Michael Johnson replaces him in the base defense. Craig Robertson hasn’t been as consistent in the nickel defense as he was earlier in the season, so the subpackages will be worth watching over the coming weeks. Ahtyba Rubin is questionable with a calf injury.

Pat Angerer practiced fully on Thursday and Friday and will return this week. The Colts have said that he’ll have a rotational role only, presumably taking snaps from Jerrell Freeman though the team hasn’t made any specific comments on how they’ll use the three inside backers. Best guess is that Angerer rotates in on some base defensive snaps. Robert Mathis is out again this week. Vontae Davis is back starting at corner.

Jon Beason won’t play this week and Ron Rivera wouldn’t rule out that he’d be place on IR with his knee injury. Luke Kuechly will again play MLB and is likely to play every down. Two weeks ago, the Panthers used Kuechly and Davis on nearly every nickel snap, making James Anderson a risky option. Chris Gamble is out, with Captain Munnerlyn starting in his place.

The Packers are planning to start Brad Jones inside with D.J. Smith out for the year. Against the Texans, Jones played in the Green Bay 2-4-5 nickel but missed a few snaps when the Packers played dime and Charles Woodson was used as an ILB. Jones looked much more comfortable against the run than the pass and it remains to be seen how they split the subpackage calls. AJ Hawk will play in all packages. Nick Perry and BJ Raji are out this week.

Austin Lane has replaced Andre Branch in the starting lineup at defensive end and Chris Prosinski replaces the injured Dwight Lowery at safety. Daryl Smith isn’t ready to return from his groin injury, giving Russell Allen another week as an every-down OLB.

Rolando McClain was replaced in the nickel by Miles Burris last week. Burris wasn’t great but the Raiders gave him a vote of confidence after the game while telling reporters that McClain’s conditioning has been an issue. Don’t expect McClain back in the nickel anytime soon.

Jonathan Vilma is back this week. The team says they’ll ease him back into the lineup and that he’s capable of playing inside or outside. I don’t believe we’ll see Vilma at MLB and Lofton at OLB for many reasons. I think it’s safe to assume that Lofton plays MLB and every-down today, with Vilma playing in the base at WLB. We could see Vilma play in the nickel long term, however.

Colin McCarthy is listed questionable but he’s been in a walking boot for the past ten days and is not likely to play. Prior to his recent return, the Titans were rotating Will Witherspoon and Zac Diles in the middle and using Akeem Ayers as the lone every-down linebacker. Jurrell Casey was listed questionable but was expected to be able to go earlier in the week.

Stevie Brown starts for Kenny Phillips again. Keith Rivers is off the injury report and could see some rotational snaps with Michael Boley, who was limited with a hip injury.

Troy Polamalu remains out with a calf injury. Lawrence Timmons missed practice on Wednesday but practiced fully the rest of the week and will play.

Jacob Lacey and Dwight Bentley are out this week. Corey Williams is questionable.

Dr. Jene Bramel

Erin Henderson is just a 2 Dwn LB right now. 3 Tackles a game just isn't cutting it. Should I keep him in my lineup as my LB3 over Demario Davis ?

Demario Davis is starting to get a lot more snaps. (I know he only had 1 tackle and a FR last week) But he had 30 Def Snaps to Bart Scott's 34 snaps LAST WEEK.

I'm thinking in the Pats game the Jets Defense will be on the field a lot and if Demario Davis is slowly being used more they may put him on one of the TE's. And he could rack quite a few tackles.

SO Jene overall thoughts on Demario Davis for today and going forward. ???? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
overall thoughts on Demario Davis for today and going forward. ???? :confused:
Looked like Davis was a bigger part of the subpackages last week. It wasn't just due to the blowout. Bart Scott still played in some nickel situations and it's hard to know whether Ryan will trust the rookie against the speed no huddle NE offense this week, so I haven't made much of my man crush on Davis yet.Call him a risky LB3/LB4 in the mold of a Bryan Scott this week. Still think he's a potential LB3++ in 2013 and beyond.

Will Herring starting for David Hawthorne. Doesn't appear that Vilma is in starting lineup from what I've seen thus far.

Zac Diles starting for McCarthy at MLB.

Might not see much of Witherspoon. Zach Brown could be sneaky upside play today, but risky. No guarantee he plays in nickel.

Jene, what is Vilmas upside today? Lb3? And then for the rest of the season? Matchup starter if playing on every down?

Users who are viewing this thread