What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Newsweek: Muslim & Christian Parents Unite In Michigan Against "Sexually Explicit" School Books (10/14/22 02:46 PST) (1 Viewer)

For those who are against This Book Is Gay being in high school libraries, I have a question: How would you want your gay teenage son or daughter to learn about being gay and gay sex?
Im not sure it’s the school’s job, It doesn’t matter if they are gay or straight.
Ok. So what would you do? Try to teach him or her yourself? Leave it up to him or her to figure things out on their own? Find outside resources to explain things?

This isn’t meant to be a gotcha question. If I were the parent, I think an outside resource could be helpful. If not This Book is Gay, perhaps another book that covers much of the same content. Do you agree?

If so, you’d probably be willing to purchase this book yourself. The question then becomes, if this option is good for your child, why not have this resource available convenient and free in the library for other teens who seek it out? I don’t care if some parents find it objectionable due to their religious morality, fears of grooming or other reasons. They and their kids don’t have to read it.

For those who are against This Book Is Gay being in high school libraries, I have a question: How would you want your gay teenage son or daughter to learn about being gay and gay sex?
Im not sure it’s the school’s job, It doesn’t matter if they are gay or straight.
Ok. So what would you do? Try to teach him or her yourself? Leave it up to him or her to figure things out on their own? Find outside resources to explain things?

This isn’t meant to be a gotcha question. If I were the parent, I think an outside resource could be helpful. If not This Book is Gay, perhaps another book that covers much of the same content. Do you agree?

If so, you’d probably be willing to purchase this book yourself. The question then becomes, if this option is good for your child, why not have this resource available convenient and free in the library for other teens who seek it out? I don’t care if some parents find it objectionable due to their religious morality, fears of grooming or other reasons. They and their kids don’t have to read it.
Not saying it’s not useful, but I think the parents should somewhat control the narrative. Many fail at this. If parents can attend school functions involving drag queens, maybe they can have something similar including sex ed and parent/school involvement.

I don’t have any kids, but I would want to know what kids are learning.

Yeah. I did not get an instruction manual in high school. I just had to figure it out the old-fashioned way. Not sure they need to be teaching technique.

Regardless of gay/straight, I'd want it to be commensurate with whatever is taught in the curriculum. Are there books on how girls shouldn't give toothy blowjobs or that it feels good to put stuff up their butts? Ultimately, the content is nothing compared to what they likely see on the internet, but I can understand why parents would want to control access to what I deem over-the-top sexual content in their schools.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread