What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NEWZA -- On Covid Siesta til '21 (1 Viewer)

Rk Team Pts

1 Tremendous Upside 101.5

2 pumpnick 101

3 Uncle Charlie 96

4 Fat Drunk & Malaise 92

5 Re-Encarnacion (NV) 85.5

6 Guru_United 79

7 Kraftopia 74.5

8 Zilla's House of the Dead 73.5

9 Bogart's Bombers 71

10 eephus' house of crap closers 70.5

11 2 Fisted Slobbers 62

12 Michael Young Comeback Experience 51.5

13 Cosjobs 49

14 Grecian Gardens
Still sucking.

Good year guys! As mentioned on fantrax, I'll get all of the finance stuff together this week. If you're in the top 3 you can PM me an address or paypal info.

As far as off-season, you have control of your entire roster. However, if you still have guys on IR, you need to drop those to get to 30 men. In the past I don't think I ever figured out how to allow you to trade through the site in the off-season, but I believe I can manually do it. In the spring we'll have a cut down day were you go down to your 12 keepers for the year prior to the auction date.

Great job and I love you all.

Good year guys! As mentioned on fantrax, I'll get all of the finance stuff together this week. If you're in the top 3 you can PM me an address or paypal info.

As far as off-season, you have control of your entire roster. However, if you still have guys on IR, you need to drop those to get to 30 men. In the past I don't think I ever figured out how to allow you to trade through the site in the off-season, but I believe I can manually do it. In the spring we'll have a cut down day were you go down to your 12 keepers for the year prior to the auction date.

Great job and I love you all.
I'd love you more if you paid down to fourth

Just want to clear up a few loose ends here.....

-Can I assume we are disregarding the prizes by week? Just year end prize distribution - and can we get a break down?

-Waiver wires - are we running them this weekend, and if so, are we doing this on CBS?? Not to be a PITA here, but, I don't see how to do it there, I will not be around this weekend, so it would be pretty ideal if we were able to set this up by tomorrow. If not, I'm kind of ####ed here, because switching over to CBS, my second baseman conveniently lost his 2b eligibility so I'll be playing shorthanded for awhile which kind of sucks twofold.
Hi Guru,

I'm fine with no weekly prizes for year 1, seems like it's a good idea to just settle on year end for now. Barring objections to that regard I'd propose we go with $700, $400, $200, $100. Thoughts? I was thinking 4 places makes sense for 14 teams, but maybe getting your money back is a waste, I don't know.

I think we can't run the FAAB until everyone joins the league. I'd like to run them on Sunday and Thursday before the season, but if everyone doesn't get in soon, we'll have to just go with Thursday. I can check on who we're missing later and start hounding. I apologize for the change, we should have done CBS in the first place, but I wanted to see if Yahoo could handle us for free and I couldn't find any info ahead of time.

For the position eligibility -- I dropped CBS from 20 games last year to 10 games (5 this year) to gain eligibilty hoping to alleviate some of the odd position choices by yahoo. Some googling tells me that they just assign positions on gut and moxy. I suppose I could drop it to 5 games last season to really loosen it up for this year and then we could go to something more standard for next season. Thoughts everyone? Other than yahoo sucks it. I lost my David Ortiz 1B eligibilty, but I'm willing to suck it up, but I know what it means to not have a MI as I don't have one right now due to drunk auctioning.
Good news for Eephus, so far this is the only evidence I have of a payout structure. Unless I find any changes as I read on...this is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to clear up a few loose ends here.....

-Can I assume we are disregarding the prizes by week? Just year end prize distribution - and can we get a break down?

-Waiver wires - are we running them this weekend, and if so, are we doing this on CBS?? Not to be a PITA here, but, I don't see how to do it there, I will not be around this weekend, so it would be pretty ideal if we were able to set this up by tomorrow. If not, I'm kind of ####ed here, because switching over to CBS, my second baseman conveniently lost his 2b eligibility so I'll be playing shorthanded for awhile which kind of sucks twofold.
Hi Guru,

I'm fine with no weekly prizes for year 1, seems like it's a good idea to just settle on year end for now. Barring objections to that regard I'd propose we go with $700, $400, $200, $100. Thoughts? I was thinking 4 places makes sense for 14 teams, but maybe getting your money back is a waste, I don't know.

I think we can't run the FAAB until everyone joins the league. I'd like to run them on Sunday and Thursday before the season, but if everyone doesn't get in soon, we'll have to just go with Thursday. I can check on who we're missing later and start hounding. I apologize for the change, we should have done CBS in the first place, but I wanted to see if Yahoo could handle us for free and I couldn't find any info ahead of time.

For the position eligibility -- I dropped CBS from 20 games last year to 10 games (5 this year) to gain eligibilty hoping to alleviate some of the odd position choices by yahoo. Some googling tells me that they just assign positions on gut and moxy. I suppose I could drop it to 5 games last season to really loosen it up for this year and then we could go to something more standard for next season. Thoughts everyone? Other than yahoo sucks it. I lost my David Ortiz 1B eligibilty, but I'm willing to suck it up, but I know what it means to not have a MI as I don't have one right now due to drunk auctioning.
Good news for Eephus, so far this is the only evidence I have of a payout structure. Unless I find any changes as I read on...this is it.
Champions League

Still one payment outstanding...have made contact with the offender though.

Everyone that is paypalready has been paid. I am transferring funds to pay X via fedex cheque.

will there be a year two? :mellow:
Hell's yes. Why do you ask?

One thing I haven't done and should do is make sure that no one is carrying extra players via DL slots. I just don't have access at work so I have to remember to do it at home.

The league should expect an email from me about this soon since I don't believe teams can drop players since the season is done.

One thing I haven't done and should do is make sure that no one is carrying extra players via DL slots. I just don't have access at work so I have to remember to do it at home.

The league should expect an email from me about this soon since I don't believe teams can drop players since the season is done.
The limits on keepers should take care of the off-season DL slots

I think the bigger issue is identifying the post Jul 31/Aug 1 adds who are ineligible for keepsies. I just looked at my team for the first time since the season and I don't even recognize some of them: Ender Somethingorother, Quackenbush, Oscar Taveras :( And I finished in the money

I think the bigger issue is identifying the post Jul 31/Aug 1 adds who are ineligible for keepsies. I just looked at my team for the first time since the season and I don't even recognize some of them: Ender Somethingorother, Quackenbush, Oscar Taveras :( And I finished in the money
Yes, but we don't announce keepers until March and you can make trades during the off-season up until then. So, the fair thing is to ensure everyone is limited to the 30 man roster.

I think I can just go through the transactions and cut those ineligible keeps to make it simple. Actually, I should probably do that first I guess...kind of forgot about that rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

The guys claimed on 7/31, 8/1 can be kept right? Not that it matters, I claimed most of my good SP's way after that.

The guys claimed on 7/31, 8/1 can be kept right? Not that it matters, I claimed most of my good SP's way after that.
Let's go with yes...I haven't looked at who was added then, but say la vee.

I renewed the league on fantrax (from my phone) so I can start cutting those late season adds (hopefully tonight).

I renewed the league on fantrax (from my phone) so I can start cutting those late season adds (hopefully tonight).
Aaron Sanchez was the only Aug 1st pickup who remained on a roster through the end of the year. NV bid CDN$6 for him so he can keep him if he wants.

Aaron Sanchez was the only Aug 1st pickup who remained on a roster through the end of the year. NV bid CDN$6 for him so he can keep him if he wants.
That's like $9 American, right?

Putting this transaction list here for guys to drop:

Fri Sep 26, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Montero, Rafael P - NYM 1.00 Executed 189
Drop Matzek, Tyler P - COL 189
Fri Sep 26, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Kelly, Joe P - STL/BOS 1.00 Executed 189
Drop Feldman, Scott P - HOU 189
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Fields, Josh P - HOU 1.00 Executed 185
Drop Wright, David 3B,CI - NYM 185
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Matzek, Tyler P - COL 1.00 Executed 185
Drop Jennings, Desmond OF - TB 185
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Marisnick, Jake OF - MIA/HOU 1.00 Executed 185
Drop Pearce, Steve 1B,CI,OF - BAL 185
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Feldman, Scott P - HOU 1.00 Executed 185
Drop Rios, Alex OF - TEX 185
Fri Sep 19, 2014, 12:00AM CATCH THAT YID Claim (FA) House, T.J. P - CLE 10.00 Executed 182
Drop Soriano, Rafael P - WAS 182
Fri Sep 19, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Flores, Wilmer 2B,3B,SS,CI,MI - NYM 1.00 Executed 182
Drop Mercer, Jordy 2B,SS,MI - PIT 182
Fri Sep 19, 2014, 12:00AM CATCH THAT YID Claim (FA) Peavy, Jake P - BOS/SF 10.00 Executed 182
Drop Saunders, Michael OF - SEA 182
Fri Sep 19, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Inciarte, Ender OF - ARI 1.00 Executed 182
Drop Lamb, Jake ® 3B,CI - ARI 182
Mon Sep 15, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Phillips, Brandon 2B,MI - CIN 1.00 Executed 178
Drop Walters, Zach 2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,OF - WAS/CLE 178
Mon Sep 15, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Grandal, Yasmani C,1B,CI - SD 2.00 Executed 178
Drop O'Flaherty, Eric P - OAK 178
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:00AM 2 Fisted Slobbers Claim (FA) Miller, Brad 2B,SS,MI - SEA 1.00 Executed 175
Drop Quentin, Carlos OF - SD 175
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Pearce, Steve 1B,CI,OF - BAL 2.00 Executed 175
Drop Colon, Bartolo P - NYM 175
Tue Sep 9, 2014, 12:40PM CATCH THAT YID Drop Phillips, Brandon 2B,MI - CIN Executed 172
Tue Sep 9, 2014, 12:15AM eephus' house of crap closers Drop Grandal, Yasmani C,1B,CI - SD Executed 172
Mon Sep 8, 2014, 12:16PM 2 Fisted Slobbers Drop Victorino, Shane OF - BOS Executed 171
Mon Sep 8, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Solano, Donovan 2B,MI - MIA 1.00 Executed 171
Drop Morrison, Logan 1B,CI,OF - SEA 171
Mon Sep 8, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Schafer, Jordan OF - ATL/MIN 1.00 Executed 171
Drop Ramirez, Neil ® P - CHC 171
Mon Sep 8, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Ramirez, Jose 2B,SS,MI - CLE 1.00 Executed 171
Drop Fields, Josh P - HOU 171
Mon Sep 8, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Panik, Joe 2B,SS,MI - SF 1.00 Executed 171
Drop Lindstrom, Matt P - CHW 171
Fri Sep 5, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Cosart, Jarred P - HOU/MIA 1.00 Executed 168
Drop O'Day, Darren P - BAL 168
Fri Sep 5, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Hutchison, Drew P - TOR 1.00 Executed 168
Drop Fuld, Sam OF - OAK/MIN 168
Fri Sep 5, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Grandal, Yasmani C,1B,CI - SD 2.00 Executed 168
Drop Willingham, Josh OF - MIN/KC 168
Thu Sep 4, 2014, 12:51AM eephus' house of crap closers Drop Pearce, Steve 1B,CI,OF - BAL Executed 167
Wed Sep 3, 2014, 11:06PM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Drop Broxton, Jonathan P - CIN/MIL Executed 167
Mon Sep 1, 2014, 10:52AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Drop Sizemore, Grady OF - BOS/PHI Executed 164
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) O'Flaherty, Eric P - OAK 3.00 Executed 161
Drop Cook, Ryan P - OAK 161
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 12:00AM 2 Fisted Slobbers Claim (FA) Peralta, Wily P - MIL 3.00 Executed 161
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 12:00AM CATCH THAT YID Claim (FA) Phillips, Brandon 2B,MI - CIN 4.00 Executed 161
Drop Coghlan, Chris OF - CHC 161
Fri Aug 29, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Walters, Zach 2B,3B,SS,CI,MI,OF - WAS/CLE 1.00 Executed 161
Drop Liriano, Rymer ® OF - SD 161
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 11:08AM 2 Fisted Slobbers Drop Nolasco, Ricky P - MIN Executed 157
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Pearce, Steve 1B,CI,OF - BAL 1.00 Executed 157
Drop Medica, Tommy 1B,CI,OF - SD 157
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Liriano, Rymer ® OF - SD 2.00 Executed 157
Drop Venable, Will OF - SD 157
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Shoemaker, Matt P - LAA 3.00 Executed 157
Mon Aug 25, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Cook, Ryan P - OAK 2.00 Executed 157
Sun Aug 24, 2014, 12:14AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Drop Skaggs, Tyler P - LAA Executed 156
Fri Aug 22, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Carrasco, Carlos P - CLE 1.00 Executed 154
Drop Hutchison, Drew P - TOR 154
Thu Aug 21, 2014, 12:40PM CATCH THAT YID Drop La Stella, Tommy 2B,MI - ATL Executed 153
Tue Aug 19, 2014, 7:08AM Scooby Jew Drop Cervelli, Francisco C,1B,CI - NYY Executed 151
Mon Aug 18, 2014, 12:00AM Guru_United Claim (FA) Dyson, Jarrod OF - KC 2.00 Executed 150
Drop Chavez, Jesse P - OAK 150
Sat Aug 16, 2014, 9:54PM eephus' house of crap closers Drop Dickey, R.A. P - TOR Executed 149
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Uncle Charlie Claim (FA) Hendricks, Kyle P - CHC 1.00 Executed 147
Drop Peralta, Wily P - MIL 147
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Michael Young Comeback Experience Claim (FA) Bauer, Trevor P - CLE 1.00 Executed 147
Drop Lake, Junior OF - CHC 147
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Michael Young Comeback Experience Claim (FA) Familia, Jeurys P - NYM 4.00 Executed 147
Drop Schoop, Jonathan 2B,3B,CI,MI - BAL 147
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Fat Drunk & Malaise Claim (FA) Fiers, Mike P - MIL 10.00 Executed 147
Drop Brown, Domonic OF - PHI 147
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Michael Young Comeback Experience Claim (FA) Hughes, Phil P - MIN 2.00 Executed 147
Drop Colabello, Chris 1B,CI,OF - MIN 147
Fri Aug 15, 2014, 12:00AM Uncle Charlie Claim (FA) Soler, Jorge OF - CHC 1.00 Executed 147
Wed Aug 13, 2014, 12:03PM Uncle Charlie Drop Middlebrooks, Will 3B,CI - BOS Executed 145
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Neshek, Pat P - STL 1.00 Executed 143
Drop Bauer, Trevor P - CLE 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Smith, Joe P - LAA 1.00 Executed 143
Drop Ranaudo, Anthony ® P - BOS 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) McCarthy, Brandon P - ARI/NYY 1.00 Executed 143
Drop Vargas, Jason P - KC 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Alonso, Yonder 1B,CI - SD 1.00 Executed 143
Drop Jones, James OF - SEA 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Fuld, Sam OF - OAK/MIN 1.00 Executed 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Re-Encarnacion (NV) Claim (FA) Sizemore, Grady OF - BOS/PHI 1.00 Executed 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Lamb, Jake ® 3B,CI - ARI 2.00 Executed 143
Drop Upton, B.J. OF - ATL 143
Mon Aug 11, 2014, 12:00AM Scooby Jew Claim (FA) Cervelli, Francisco C,1B,CI - NYY 1.00 Executed 143
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 10:43PM Scooby Jew Drop Smith, Joe P - LAA Executed 143
Sun Aug 10, 2014, 10:43PM Scooby Jew Drop Heisey, Chris OF - CIN Executed 143
Fri Aug 8, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Venable, Will OF - SD 1.00 Executed 140
Drop Marisnick, Jake OF - MIA/HOU 140
Fri Aug 8, 2014, 12:00AM CATCH THAT YID Claim (FA) Garcia, Avisail OF - CHW 1.00 Executed 140
Drop Hughes, Phil P - MIN 140
Fri Aug 8, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Mercer, Jordy 2B,SS,MI - PIT 1.00 Executed 140
Drop Miller, Brad 2B,SS,MI - SEA 140
Tue Aug 5, 2014, 8:07AM Guru_United Drop Simon, Alfredo P - CIN Executed 137
Mon Aug 4, 2014, 12:00AM CATCH THAT YID Claim (FA) Tillman, Chris P - BAL 1.00 Executed 136
Drop Pomeranz, Drew P - OAK 136
Mon Aug 4, 2014, 12:00AM eephus' house of crap closers Claim (FA) Medica, Tommy 1B,CI,OF - SD 2.00 Executed 136
Drop Alvarez, Henderson P - MIA 136
Mon Aug 4, 2014, 12:00AM Uncle Charlie Claim (FA) Vargas, Kennys 1B,CI - MIN 1.00 Executed 136
Drop Pearce, Steve 1B,CI,OF - BAL 136

In my mind, I thought I got him for a buck :(

Like many others, I'm expecting a bounce back year from Grandal this year, but still it's funny to see a guy who was the centerpiece in the Kemp trade was waiver wire fodder as late as September of last year.

Like many others, I'm expecting a bounce back year from Grandal this year, but still it's funny to see a guy who was the centerpiece in the Kemp trade was waiver wire fodder as late as September of last year.
It's a one catcher league and Grandal's first half OPS was .663.

I picked him up, dropped him and picked him up again in the first half of September. Black was batting him cleanup at the time so I figured he'd be good for some RBI. He wasn't.

I picked him up, dropped him and picked him up again in the first half of September. Black was batting him cleanup at the time so I figured he'd be good for some RBI. He wasn't.
Yeah, he was awful early most likely due to the knee. Much better in the 2nd half (OPS close to .800 IIRC) and was the team HR leader overall. :bag:

Yeah, he was awful early most likely due to the knee. Much better in the 2nd half (OPS close to .800 IIRC) and was the team HR leader overall. :bag:
I chased Padres bats all season in this league, rostering Grandal, Venable, Alonso (I think), Medica and Rymer Liriano at different times. I'm surprised I still finished in the money.

Eephus said:
tommyGunZ said:
Eephus said:
tommyGunZ said:

I chased Padres bats all season in this league, rostering Grandal, Venable, Alonso (I think), Medica and Rymer Liriano at different times. I'm surprised I still finished in the money.
Oof. I apologize for the pain you endured. Last year was soul crushing. As a fan I've always argued that 2-1 games are more exciting than offensive slug fests, but after watching ~ 150 games of offensive impotence, I have waivered on that position.

It's another reason Preller is currently a god in SD. Regardless of how the moves turn out, he has given a fan base that is dying of dehydration and injected a few gallons of gatorade.

We paid last year on fantrax as well. We paid because I couldn't figure out a way to view contract info on yahoo. An alternative would be to track this on a google doc. Yahoo does have a nifty live auction (we used last year) and would be free.

I sent yahoo a message asking 2 questions:

1. If I bring over an existing keeper league can I pre-load some keepers with auction values?

2. Does yahoo have any place to store/edit contract year on players?

We'll see what's up.

Heard back from Yahoo. We can enter our keepers and auction from there, but they do not have a way to track contract info. Like I said, we could keep that on a google doc. Folks would just need to be aware of contract stuff for trades and keepers each year...other than that I don't think it's a huge deal.

I agree that its a better interface and the play pool is pretty good nowadays. Anyone have opinions? Obviously it helps poor old Uncle Cos and his transaction woes.

If Yahoo can't track the auction values, the only issue would be enforcing maximum dollar value of starter lineups (auction + FAAB). This happened to me once or twice in Fantrax last year but would have a bigger problem for teams that spent their more of their FAAB budget early on a single player.

I don't think that rule is necessary. I think of Auction and FAAB budgets as separate pools anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread